1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

magitek warrior terra build

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by kitwood, Dec 4, 2019 at 2:46 PM.

1. kitwood

kitwood Ascended Member

okay so im unsure on the cap for stat boosts but my terra isnt gaining more magic with better materia on her. shes got on :
    -terra sword
    -draco spike
    -shiva crown
    -lordly robes (ffbe)
    -nutkin hairpin
    -dark ring
    -rod mastery
    -letters & arms
    -scepter of justice
    -m machine/human killer
    esper is diabolos

how can i make this better, what to drop in favour of something else

i dont have any stmr mage gear btw

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  2. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Riku, Elena, KRain, MW Terra
    0xA5
    Okay, passive stat boosts, like you get from Rod Mastery, scale off of the units natural stats and cap out at 400%, which includes whatever % bonuses the unit has as passive skills. TDH/TDW scales off of your EQUIPMENT's stats, and caps at 300% for TDH and 200% for TDW, including anything they get from passive skills.

When you've got MW Terra set up as a dual wield like this, she hits the 400% stat boost cap very easily, and there is no good way to raise her TDW bonus short of a few STMRs. The only real way to bump her total MAG up higher is by raising the base stat that they scale off of: doors and pots will raise her base MAG and get more from the 400% bonus, and equipment with higher MAG stats will raise the bonus she gets from the TDW.

3. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    kitwood and Fabell like this.
  4. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Riku, Elena, KRain, MW Terra
    0xA5
    This is my equivalent to that build:
    https://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#984f4b70-16fa-11ea-9f71-fbb311f0fb55

As can be seen, I've got a few higher end items with bigger bonuses, and I use those to leverage space for material with HP/DEF/SPR. This is really what happens with good gear on a TDW, you don't really get higher ATK/MAG stats, instead you end up with more HP/DEF/SPR. My MAG is only ~250ish points higher, but I have almost three times the effective HP.

kitwood likes this.
  5. kitwood

kitwood Ascended Member

ah thanks guys i see whats what now, ill drop the sceptre of justice out n farm up sage of mysisia instead then. will have to rerun item world for defensive stats on my weapons rather than magic as well

6. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sophia or event
    Yeah. Drop some MAG stats in favor of more HP/DEF/SPR. Mages are far too squishy and it doesn't matter how high their MAG stat is if they're dead. ADV5 and Chocobo Adventurer are always on my mage units.

7. Matri

Matri "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    Just got a 2nd MW Terra yesterday....is she worth bothering with if I have Veronica, Circe and Tsukiko?