1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Making a stronger team

Discussion in 'General' started by Snuffy, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Snuffy

Snuffy Member

I have one account I'm playing, rank 49 with about 50 rainbow units, but I have only been able to level up to 7 stars three units. What's the best way to get stronger? Should I buy packages with lots of tickets to try to draw more, or try to save up to do a step up summon? So far I haven't been getting many duplicate rainbows. I'm playing free to play.

2. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke old man VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Rab Event Event Karten XWQL
    https://brave-exvius.com/threads/things-new-players-should-know-immediately.48510/
    Regali wrote a good basic how-to-play-and-get-better.

Did you already make 7* units? Rainbows are their basic form.

Level Rainbows to lvl 100. convert a duplicate rainbow int a prism.
    Awaken the lvl 100 unit with the prism into a 7*.
    But.
    You need their Trust Master reward to activate their Trust master ability, often a nice bonus for each unit. Read Memelords reviews on which units are good. Read Furculas Spreadsheet (easy too google) to know which damage dealers are on top. If you have one of the first 15 physical Damage Dealer or one of the nicer magicians you are set. in that department. Owning the #1 Damage dealer is not important.
    Don't spend money.
    Why?
    You don't buy the unit, you just buy lapis. Spending money doesn't increase your 5* chances per pull, only the amount you can pull.
    Read Regalias stuff
    Read aa25s stuff.

Now give me all money you would have spend at ffbe ::ink::::ink::::ink::

3. Backosteel

Backosteel Ascended Member Supporter

In my opinion, for Free to Play the best uset of lapis and tickets is to wait for a banner that has a unit that will fill a role you need, and then be ready to go a full lap and/or use tickets until you get two copies of the 5* unit you want. If you don't have enough lapis to do at least one full lap, don't pull on the banner. If you are new, learning how the game works (i.e., @Regalia 's guide) will go a long ways to beating stuff. For early- to mid-game stuff, there are some 4* base units that are serviceable, like a Veritas of the Earth as a physical tank. However, most 5* base units will be better than most 4* units of the same role, and any 7* unit will be much better than most 6* units of the same role. Hence, the reason to wait for the banners that fill a role you need and you can do enough summons to get a 7* version of the unit you want. Be careful of multiple unit banners where one isn't good.

If you tell us what units you have, we can give you suggestions of what sort of a team comp to use to beat generic stuff.

Regalia and Keitoshi like this.
  4. Regalia

Regalia Professional (Robo-)Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    2B, Riku, KRain, MW Terra, Lunafreya
    One thing of note here is healers that are less than a 5* base are pure crap, and breakers that are below 7* are (mostly) crap. Tanks you can kind of get by with, but it took me MONTHS to pull a 5* healer and get my first 7* breaker, and it was a MAJOR handicap.

TheKillingJoke and wardaddy like this.
  5. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    Hmmm, how does the free km unit fares for a newbie as a healer? I know that compared to meta healers she isn't great but hey, she is free. Might be worth keeping until a better one comes along
    Edit: looking at her kit she certainly hates birds :D

TheKillingJoke, Regalia, aa25 and 2 others like this.
  6. miao_the_cat

miao_the_cat Ascended Member

Global ID:
    When I started, it took me forever to get a 5* tank and I had to survive with Veritas of the Earth. It only got easier after I managed to get him to be full evasion...

Regalia likes this.
  7. Nixilu

Nixilu Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    At rank 49, having 3 7* is pretty good (depending on the units I guess). I had 1 7* (Karlette) up until I was in the 60's or so, then I got Raegen and SS Charolette. It takes time to get the characters you want/need. Have you cleared the story? If not, focus on doing that and the units will come as you get tickets and lapis.

Strong friend units will help you if/as needed too. What 3 7*s do you have?

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  8. Snuffy

Snuffy Member

• I have aldore king rain, warrior of light krile and lightning. Lately I've been running of materials to level units up to 6.

9. Nixilu

Nixilu Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Be sure to farm the King Mog event going on now and hit the Chamber of Awakening over the weekend. That should give you plenty of materials. AKRain should be able to clear all the content in story and farm events, especially with a friend AKRain. You don't need to get all your 5*s up to 6* at this point. If you have tank and/or a full-time healer, prioritize them to 6* as they are usually decent enough at 6* and you could use them.

10. Regalia

Regalia Professional (Robo-)Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    2B, Riku, KRain, MW Terra, Lunafreya
    She's... lacking. No ribbon/break resists, poor elemental resists, no stat buffs, no barriers, no MP refill... She's better than the non-5* healers, but pretty much any other 5* base beats her, hands down.

Yeah, Story of my (FFBE) life, tanks/healers/buffers all went the same way; long period of drought followed by an absolute flood. For example, I started in Nov '18, pulled a single Basch early on, then nabbed a single Lilith. Both quite useful, but I eventually ended up having to UoC a second Basch to move up. SSC's banner opened the floodgates, so to speak: got four of her on the banner, two more since, two Sieg, two Gladiolus, two Galuf, FIVE awakened Rain, and nabbed Lilith's prism.

Breakers were a bit more linear, though still painful. 6* (e)Basch was my best breaker for a LONG time, then I got Bart on the Xenogears banner, then nabbed 2B's prism. Then I pulled 2 Fid and 3 HT Lid, after I had mostly caught up with the espers/trials. 2B was the best pull/purchase I ever made, getting those 70% all stat AoE breaks was a real breakthrough.

I was basically treading water and focusing on the story for my first six months, all because I was forced to adopt a damage race strategy, and that didn't work for most "difficult" content until the damage spike with Esther.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    miao_the_cat, TheKillingJoke and Shr like this.
  11. miao_the_cat

miao_the_cat Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Hopefully I don't jinx myself by saying this...

I had a very long long 5* unit drought until the 3% kicked in. Then I started getting more 5* units.
    After the rough start, I got more coverage on the tanks, support, breakers and healers.

What I lack a lot are the DPS. My best units are still Esther (my first UoC) and Bartz (still dunno how to use him).

12. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sophia or event
    Try and get support units, tanks, breakers and healers more than damage dealers. Even with a less-than-meta damage dealer, with a proper team to support them, you can still do just fine.

13. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    WLD Fina, Foo, Myra, Aerith, Kry
    ... What are those rainbows though?

14. bwnyc

bwnyc "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Elena, Lilith, WLDFina, Kryla, Event
    Honestly, the main thing is to add strong friends from here and be patient. Your pulls will eventually lead to a more balanced team. Resist the urge to spend real money. But if you must, wait for the Fountain of Lapis to show up...