1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Man, catching up sucks.

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Kingguss, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Kingguss

Kingguss LONG LIVE THE KING! VIP Supporter

Just with trials I mean.

I am.. veeeerrrryyyy behind on trials.

I've only beaten #2 and #7 of chamber of arms, both I probably beat with sheer power alone no strategy. Never tryed the rest, never interested me.

Chambers of indignant and fallen I've beaten up to trio, havent tryed anything after, and I never tryed antenolla

So what all am I going to need for these fights, I have a full set of evasions gears, my elemental resistances are very meh but I can probably make do. I'm good on buffers, breakers, tanks, healers, physical finishers/dps, I am however very lacking in mag users of any kind, alls I have is eleana, which only half counts anyway, other than that I have BSS, TT, which is well yeah... I need to work on that.

I have a good amount of tmrs, stmrs, gear in general, especially in attack gears, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Any advice would help, I'm going to go deeper in to the strategies of each battle later on but I kinda want a idea on what trials are likely going to be the most difficult for me so I can do the easiest first.

Seven likes this.
  2. Demo

Demo Light Weight, BAABBBYYYY!!!!! VIP

Leads:
    Elly
    Kingguss and Seven like this.
  3. Isaac

Isaac "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    7 Esther, Ely, Cid, Kurasame, Hyou
    180s
    It is hard. I have the best units available and it took me 6 or so tries to beat wicked moon plus lots of reading up on it. Each trial is kind of like that, although everything before moon is easier. For some it wont even be fun to do it - I am not even sure if I had enough fun to warrant spending so much time on it. at least you have Elena, she can be used on almost every trial, even Moon. And as part of her regular rotation she can buff, do mitigation, elemental buff and HP barriers and do 4 or 5 elements and imperils. that helps on turn 1 and wipe turns to get lots of protections going. Lenna and sylvie can do a lot on 1 turn, but sometimes you need all three types of mitigation, buffs, elemental buff, ribbon buff, and charm buff, and that is hwere elena is a badasss

Kingguss and Seven like this.
  4. Vatenkeist

Vatenkeist c[_] VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Mugs to the chair.
    Its a single player game. U arent catching up to no one. ever. period. do the content u like or want to do and skip that u dont . simple.

Kingguss, Excrom, Raelf and 3 others like this.
  5. Masvroh

Masvroh "an elder brother" VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Hyoh, Lilith
    Hmm.. some trials require you to seal boss's attacks if you don't want to screw up. Scorn Gilgamesh, Scorn Antenolla, Scorn Ultros, and Ashura (Esper battle) are ones that come to mind. All of them require you to use multiple certain elements to seal their moves.

Chamber of Arms is... I'm pretty sure with nowadays powercreeps your DPS would stream rolls them and you will deal a lot of damage to hit their HP lock threshold every single time. Most CoA have one HP lock so you may beat them in 2 turns. Though there are also annoying boss like Sadalsuud.

Starting from Scorn Ultros (you need to beat Antenolla and Gilgamesh first to unlock it) you will face "element tetris" trials which require you to build everyone with multiple elements resistance depending on the trials. The most difficult about it is just the preps which you need a lot of elemental gears. But once you able to, the trials are not really that hard. Well, maybe their threshold may be a little bit difficult. The Tetris ends with Scorn of Ice Bird. Yes, building tank with maximum resistances alone is a big no since a tank can't cover their fixed elemental attacks so you need to build everyone with elemental resistance.

After that... Some bosses would introduce you to new mechanic. Starting with Scorn Ultros the boss will reduce your ailments protection to zero.. basically Ribbon-like gears alone is useless. So this kind of trial require you specific units which also protect your team from ailments. To counter ailments reduction debuffs, you need to gear everyone with full ailments resist innately and use status protection buffs in-battle. Though... Scorn of Ultros, despite introducing it first, doesn't really require you to bring such unit since it was kind of easy to counter it. But you really need them when you want to fight Neo Exdeath.

new mechanic like fixed attacks which bypass cover can be dealt with stacking mitigation and/or elemental resist if it is an element attack.

Then we got Neo Exdeath which is basically DPS race and DPS burst kind of trial. And... Neo Exdeath has a move which inflict Unresisted Death and dispel on one ability. Meaning, it's unavoidable death because your reraise won't work since it is removed. The move also ignore provoke. But it targets specific unit slot so you can plan to face it with allocating your units on specific slots.
    Other than that.. Neo Exdeath also has absurd ST attack which ignore provoke. So prepare one of your member die randomly if their defensive stats is poor and they are unbuffed.

Then we got the hardest trial Scorn of the Bloody Moon. Thankfully, Elena despite being Hybrid can kill it. The Moon basically just hits really hard. You need around 12K HP, ~400 - 500 DEF, and 1K SPR for everyone. And despite that, those requirements are in play with 50% general mitigation buff and some physical mitigation. Though spamming Esper Fenrir helps a lot too. Bloody Moon becomes a DPS race once your reach 40% HP. You really need to kill every mini skulls there. And 20% HP threshold is living hell, lol.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Seven and Demo like this.
  6. Arashi

Arashi Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena, [Event] x2, Circe, Zeno
    I'm still catching up myself, but mostly cause I'm lazy and any time there's a King Mog event, I throw all my energy at that XP But go at your own pace, catching up just means the content is easier since they were for units that are behind on the meta nowadays (for example, Trance Terra is enough for CoA)

Anyway, I would recommend taking down all of Chamber of Arms first since I enjoy having the equipment from them. As I've seen many people mention in other threads, CoA was originally meant for 6* units, so 7* helps you powercreep the bosses a lot to the point where the only thing keeping you from FTKOing them is their hard % stops. Just read their wiki guides beforehand so you know when to use Physical and when to use Magic and also what elements to avoid, including elementless.

I would put SBB (Series Boss Battles) aside for now since they're 1) really difficult and 2) don't reward much beyond lapis and bragging rights. For reference, in JP they were for unlocking latent abilities, but for GL they skipped that so SBB isn't really a priority anymore.

Chamber of the Fallen and Indignant I would look at on case by case. A lot of the early ones you can breeze right through and then there are those where the boss will one shot everyone on a pre-emptive turn if they weren't geared right. So just figure out what you're able to do with what you got.

Seven likes this.
  7. Arekusu

Arekusu VIP VIP

Just google guides for each trial as you do them. If you have a decently competent 7* team (healer/dd/physical tank/magic tank/breaker/support) you’ll be able to absolutely fly through about 3/4 of them.

Seven likes this.
  8. Seven

Seven Mildly Active Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    Dude, you should obliterate Chamber of Arms. Chamber of the Fallen isn’t bad either.

9. GoodBoorger

GoodBoorger "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

¿Wot? It should be fairly easy due powercreep.

Vatenkeist and Seven like this.
  10. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    What about the ksip factor?

::ink::

Vatenkeist likes this.
  11. Vatenkeist

Vatenkeist c[_] VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Mugs to the chair.
    ksip is immune to powercreep.

nox likes this.
  12. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sylvie,Zeno,SS Charlotte,Olberic
    With a solid evade unit, a 100% elemental magic tank, a couple of chainers, and some kind of imbue most should be relatively easy. Remember that in the Chamber fights, having 9-10k HP was considered whale territory. Now most units come out of the gate with that much.

The question is -- do you have the time to waste on them? Because dang it, I still can't find the time or NRG to do them...

Stupid farming stages!

Kingguss likes this.
  13. Kingguss

When I say that I just mean behind compared to others on some things.

For example

I also forgot to mention that I only have 11 espers. So I should probably get a move on with that too I've only been playing since basicly launch .

Yes this is exactly what I was looking for.

Elemental resistances... pain in the ass. One of my weaknesses. I'll make sure, cause I do have some stuff.

Thanks this really helped
    Yeah I planned on it, but getting Input from other people definatly doesn hurt.

O yeah my team is def competent for the most part, obv I have weaknesses in some areas, but who doesn't when your not a whale atleast lol

Ksip/ksiping is still a thing?

Masvroh, Arekusu and Shr like this.
  14. Kingguss

Yeah I rarely have time or nrg to do it but it just bugs me on how much I dont have done. I do like delving into the strategic fights, that's why I usually save a bunch to do all at once like I'm planning to now.

I do them in batches, this one just happens to be one of the bigger ones.

15. Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    I feel your pain. Sometimes, like 1/2 trial nrg, I go do a few of them, but I'm also super lagging. Think I've done 2 CoA, less than half of the other trials. I'm pretty sure I can them all with the units I have, but...eh...so much prep work lol. Maybe next 1/2 nrg !