1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Memories from the Aquapolis 1/6 - 1/18 (Event info + guide now available)

Discussion in 'Old News & Events' started by Jose, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Jose

Jose Purple lord VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    [​IMG]

This event will be a one time clear exploration type event.

Mission rewards
    Clear quest - Lapis × 20
    Use magic magic - Lapis × 10
    Finish the boss with a LB - Lapis × 10
    Clear without deaths - Lapis × 10
    Clear quest - Lapis × 20
    Use LB - Lapis × 10
    Kill boss with magic - Lapis × 10
    Clear without deaths - Lapis × 10
    Clear quest - Lapis × 20
    Damage any enemy with the water element - Lapis × 10
    Kill the boss with magic - Lapis × 10
    Clear without any deaths - Lapis × 10
    Clear quest - Lapis × 20
    Summon any esper - Lapis × 10
    Clear with 5 or less units (friend included) - Lapis × 10
    Clear with no deaths - Lapis × 10
    Clear quest - Lapis × 20
    Use LB 3 or more times - Lapis × 10
    Kill Dark Fina with an esper - Lapis × 10
    Clear with no deaths - Lapis × 10

Dark Fina boss guide
    (ELT stage boss)

For this fight, you will be facing against Dark Fina herself, who is a human of course and has 1500K HP along with 1500 MP. Her elemental resistance is 100% resist to dark and -50% resistant to light. Her status resistance is 50% resistance to blindness and 90% resistance to sleep, while other statuses being resisted 100%. Dark Fina is susceptible to breaks.

So, on to the strategy for this fight.

Firstly, you will want to use a tent before this fight to have everyone in tip top shape.

Secondly, you will want to survive, so what you will need to bring along is a unit with aoe SPR buff such as focus or shellga (Cecil/Delita), someone with full break/magic break (Faris/WoL/Ramza) and someone with an aoe all element buff (CoD/Tilith etc) because Dark Fina spams them spells all day long such as Bioga, Comet, Flare etc while under 50% HP threshold she begins spamming even more spells such as Firaga, Blizzaga, Aeroga, Songa, Thundaga (pretty much she can use all elemental spells). A good way of securing a safe turn is to use carbuncle summon right before you finish your turn. Keep in mind to do this after you go under 50% HP on her, since reflected bioga spells won't do much to her since she resists dark attacks.

Thirdly, you'll want to have some damage along. There are 2 approaches you can go for this fight. First being with a physical team, second being with a magic team. Of course, you'll kinda have a better time running a mage team if you actually have the units for it (aka 2 exdeath) all things considered.
    For the physical team, you should bring along units with man-eater, equip diablos on them and have some light elemental weapon on them. Pretty basic stuff.
    For the magical team, you should bring along Exdeath pretty much. 2 of him, to be more correct and pretty much spam use his skill "Wicked Light" until you run out of MP, in which case you should dualcast a ga spell + osmose to fill yourself back up to full MP. A good way to continuously spam the spells is to put Dark Fina to sleep (Black Cat Lid's hex strike is really good for that) because if a unit that is asleep is hit by a magic attack, they don't wake up pretty much.

Last but not least, you should watch out for aliments. Dark Fina can use a skill that can cause Stone, Paralysis and Confusion to one(?) unit with that skill, so it's best you watch out from that with some aliment nulling items.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  2. Vash426

Vash426 VIP VIP Supporter

Question is... this a once off event? Do each level get reward and back to farming? Or eat up my life for duration of event type. Hoping for one and done. lol

3. Jose

Jose Purple lord VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    Yup. This is a one time clear exploration event. Kind of like the FFIV event we had a little while back ago.

Hillgigas209, Hibernis and Magoya like this.
  4. Vash426

Ok I figured it was. I am glad. I didn't think they would do a full on grind event after doing this so called raid. I mean it is not required to keep grinding it once you get your 12k but it is in essence a grind event and as a standing practice they do not like to put grind events back to back because it pisses off the masses. Lol. No one wants to grind for close to two weeks straight nonstop. So they usually do a quick once off event, break, grind fest, and then back to once off event etc.

5. bufus

bufus Well-Known Member Supporter

I just hope I can beat it this time... Still too weak for higher difficulty levels :/

6. Vash426

Take a whale friend. Also you have a few days until it drops so level those units up.

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  7. Khidir

Khidir Well-Known Member

Looking at the female only pieces, Charlotte is getting a lot of love and being prepped for her 6*

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  8. bufus

Funny, I thought of Cecil or Refia (probably because my Charlotte is still sitting on 3 stars xD). Is Charlotte good enough to replace Cecil?

9. bufus

I don't have whale friends :/ and I need 2 calamity writs to awaken my third exdeath to 6*, so I can just dual meteor everything to bits.

Vash426 likes this.
  10. Khidir

Khidir Well-Known Member

Currently no but when her 6* update comes she will be able to. Cecil is a man, a very sparkly man so he can't use this

11. dariakyl

dariakyl Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Finally the las trust moogle I need for dual wield <3

2ugLee, rickygck, DRock and 3 others like this.
  12. Vash426

Good place to find whale friends is here in the forums. Lots of people are willing to help out. And if you have a solid team friends with above 600 of whatever their attack stat is (atk or mag) is more than enough to probably get you through content. If your team is weak all you need is one strong whale friend because this is a one and done. You only have to beat the ELT once to get the reward.

R3N0WNED, Pain and bufus like this.
  13. bufus

Darn, forgot that detail, lol

Vash426 likes this.
  14. Scott Q

Scott Q Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeu, Luneth, Ling, and DKC.
    Yep. I am in the same boat. This Friday I will get DW...my first TMR!

I will do daily pulls from the Dark Fina Banner, but I am definitely saving tickets for Orlando's Banner!

Vayhn and Jman1115 like this.
  15. Jman1115

Jman1115 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    Aileen
    Hoping I am finally strong enough for these events. I have a couple whales, and I also have noc w/ dual wield, and a max chiz (no BM or DW though).

16. Cahir

Cahir Active Member

Same here, my Zidane has 80,5% atm, Monthly Arena reward + This and he will be done <3

Enzoyeh, Vayhn and Jman1115 like this.
  17. Mattretiak

Mattretiak Well-Known Member

For me it's gonna finish dual cast for Refia... dual wield (3%) and Genji's gloves (10,4%) are a looooong way :(

Enzoyeh likes this.
  18. Scott Q

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Once you have those three TMRs, you will have a great team if you don't have many 5 based units!

Mattretiak likes this.
  19. Jman1115

Jman1115 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    Aileen
    About another month to 1.5 months and Ill have like 4 or 5 more tms done. Currently only have dual wield. Funneled all my trust moogles into him. Have 4 characters around 55% right now and been working on them for around 1.5 months. With more tms and more grinding should be another 1.5 months and Ill have Dual Cast, another Dual Wield, Ring of Lucii, Excalibur, and Omni Rod.

Probably have dual cast a little early since I am funneling my Moogles into that next. Thought about funneling them into Ring of Lucii but that is much lower than the others that are all around 55%. RoL is only 10.

20. Scott Q

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Cool. One of the reasons I'm doing dailies is trying to get duel cast. If I can get duel cast for Refia, then she will be a future proofed healer!