1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Mini bundle breakdown. SkipL0rds musings of the value of a UOC ticket

Discussion in 'General' started by Caliber, Dec 6, 2018 at 2:18 AM.

1. Caliber

Caliber SkipL0rd and GLEX warrior VIP

so since uoc in bundles was datamine, I figured I’d share with you how I personally value a uoc and the value I would put on a uoc piece before the bundle gets here.

Uoc can be very valuable and very powerful, I know @Sustainer rates 10 uoc pieces between 75k and 100k

Personally I rate them high but I do not rate them quite that high

Let’s look at the current nier banner for a comparison.

10 uoc gets you 1 unit you want

Let’s compare that to 2 laps of nier

40k would get you

4 guaranteed rainbows , 2 of those units guaranteed on banner
    86 more summons for additional rainbows, and 20% of moogles.

Now call me crazy but

4 rainbows + 86 more pulls with some guaranteed 4 star gives you a very high possibility of also getting 1 unit you want.

I mean you’d really have to lose the lottery to come away with 0 of the unit you’re chasing after 2 laps.

I realize it could happen though.

I also realize many step ups are 25k so 2 laps would be 50k for 4 rainbows with 106 extra pulls, 20% moogle and 2 10% rainbow tickets.

In my personal opinion, that is better than one uoc , you get a lot of things , the only advantage a uoc has is getting a unit from an old banner or complete a 7 star from a troll

If money weren’t involved and you just told me I could have 1 uoc non limited or including limited, 4 rainbows 2 on banner 106 more pulls (10 10+1 and a 5+1) 20% moogles and 2 10% tickets , I’d take that option all day long

So I cannot value 10 uoc pieces over 50k personally

I would put them probably around 35- 40k at best, which still means $225 at vault price for a 40k value

Making each individual piece roughly $22

So what I’m getting at is if they try to charge more than $20 in the data mined bundle for one uoc piece , I will recommend it’s over priced and skip.

mc2rpg, Seven, iMeHm3t and 13 others like this.
  2. Universe_El

Universe_El "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    These bundle uocs arent the only means of getting our 2 uoc tix this month, right?

Caliber likes this.
  3. Caliber

Correct, 2 are free, these will be extra

Abudaman, fayleen99 and Universe_El like this.
  4. Universe_El

Global ID:
    Awesome. Good. Thanks cos im broke anyways. Hopefully i can recover in time for auron.

Speaking of, in your opinion, should i uoc for a second mramza, second arain, or my first wilhelm.(pulling Sieghart is absolutely not an option. I despise his kit)

5. fayleen99

fayleen99 Lost soldier, serving for Emperor itself VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly Hyoh and 5 star event units
    I didn't put high expectation on this bundles judging by what they did on the past (remember that guarented rainbows summon that required money to buy??), so they'll put it around 50$ - 150$

Takumi Kuzuryu and Caliber like this.
  6. Caliber

Need more info

Tell me every 5 star tank you have

Phys and mag

Universe_El likes this.
  7. Universe_El

Global ID:
    7* basch(stmr too)
    6*rain
    6*gladio
    6*ramza

4*wol
    4*EV
    4*mystea/shylt
    4*inichole

If a trial requires 2 tanks, basch and wol have always been my dynamic duo tanking squad. Unless a trial called for something to be purely magic tanked, arain stays benched due to his passive cover.

Always basch and wol.

The biggest thing that turns me on to a tank is the no passive cover/3turn provoke. Wilhelm seems to be the only 5* tank with a kit of common sense.

8. Caliber

Tough call, you could probably hold out for basch 7 star and be fine for awhile still

Give him golem Moogle Plushie for provoke etc

Basch will do fine as mag tank since it’s mostly about gearing elemental anyway

If Sieg is not an option,
    I would defiantly uoc 7* merc ramza over 6* wilhelm

But if we get basch 7 soon,you could hold out awhile longer in hopes of getting trolled

Universe_El and Scoustar like this.
  9. Scoustar

Scoustar VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus/Trance Terra/Whomever you need
    140ish
    Don't UoC a 1st Wilhelm; 5* Willy ain't gonna cut it for ya 'cause he can't cover physical AoE. You'd need iNichol in the party and these days 2 slots for one job is madness.

Now if ya get lucky and pull one he's well worth a UoC.

A Rain is awesome but his 6* came about 9 months ahead of schedule and is still plenty good enough for now. His 7* is broken as fuck invincible but ya don't need it yet; Mystea/Shylt can still do a job so Rain at 6* is plenty.

lupinorris and Universe_El like this.
  10. Caliber

And basch 7 star is probably a few weeks away

Thesuperultra likes this.
  11. lupinorris

lupinorris Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    I have 100% evasion relating cash bundles .

So evasion/skip for me

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 5:24 AM
    Caliber likes this.
  12. Kujo

Kujo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    It's not *that* uncommon. You'll come away without the unit you're chasing 1-in-7 times.

If you do all 4 laps, you can get that down to 1-in-52. (And you will average 3 of the one you want.)

13. phoenixfire1212

phoenixfire1212 Ascended Member

Price is everything with these bundles. Depending on whatever precedence is set tomorrow, this could either be a great addition to normal bundles, or a new all time low for player morale...

The ball is in their court. Looking at all the other terrible bundles they have released recently, the salt storm has just begun....
    brace-yourself-salt.jpg

IvaNL, nox, Abudaman and 4 others like this.
  14. SadPanda

SadPanda Ascended Member

Yep. I'll be shocked if it's less than $100, but who knows.

It's hard to put a value on UoC. I think step ups are a better value in general since you have either a guaranteed pull or at least a much higher chance, but not every banner is a step up, and it only applies to new units. And even with a step up, you can still get screwed - bad pulls on an 11k or having to go 3 laps on a 25k because of a double rainbow banner. So it really depends on how much value you put on the guarantee with a UoC.

Caliber likes this.
  15. Caliber

Still, I’d take that chance every time vs 1 uoc because the odds of getting more are also a lot higher

16. Jman1115

Jman1115 The bewbsologist VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    A2
    I don't even value a UOC ticket at 20 bucks. Sure according to vault prices you can math it out to that. However, the reality is that Gumi has not adjusted prices of things accordingly. Lapis is not worth what it used to be. Rainbows come more often, there are far more characters in the rainbow pool and a single rainbow has almost no value now as you need two to make an effective 7*. All of this dilutes the value of lapis but Gumi hasn't adjusted cost.

I would never pay 225 bucks to "pick a character" in this game that you actually need TWO copies of to make relevant. I just bought a Nintendo Switch with three game for 250 bucks. I single character that will likely be obsolete or not useful in a few months is ridiculous.

rkl303, Master Red, linXzta and 4 others like this.
  17. lupinorris

lupinorris Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    montly minimun pay montly

"Rainbows come more often"

I wish they do...

18. linXzta

linXzta VIP VIP Supporter

Dang where did u get that switch value bundle just got mine from cyber Monday switch with a $50 g.card to gamestop for 299.99 now I feel like I just got ripped off lol. Btw PM me to get friend request for switch so we can game online lol.

19. matt_b

matt_b Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kurasame
    I shall skip these and any future bundles in accordance with the terms of the F2P army. Even with the discrepancy between the value assigned between yourself and @Sustainer I can't see spending for select tickets, one at a time or for a full batch.

S1eww and Caliber like this.
  20. Jman1115

Jman1115 The bewbsologist VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    A2
    Facebook marketplace. No point buying new.

Jeff1984 and linXzta like this.