1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

My 3* Carbuncle Experience

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Ceris, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Ceris

Ceris Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, Tidus, eTT, Bonus Unit
    This isn't so much a guide as it is simply my experience, my trials, failures, and eventual success.

My winning team was comprised of:
    Mystea
    CG Nichol
    Ayaka
    9S
    Barbarrica
    Lexa (Friend Unit)

I built Mystea with approx 8300 HP, 575 SPR, and 80% light resist.

CG Nichol built for Max MP

Ayaka my normal healer build, nothing special

9S built quite basic, but equipped with a Dark Element weapon (Ogrnyx)

Barbaricca built as a normal magic DPS but with Safety Bit equipped.

And a friend Lexa, I chose her instead of another Barbie so that my Barbie with the Safety Bit would be targeted by the ST Death.

First turn:
    Mystea covers
    Nichol SPR buff and Light/Dark buff
    Ayaka defends
    9S normal attack
    Barb and Lexa defend

Turn 2:
    Mystea Clear Veil
    Nichol Damage Mit. and MP
    Ayaka defend
    9S normal attack
    Barb and Lexa defend

3rd turn:
    Everyone defends

At this point, Carbuncle switches modes and it becomes a simple game of rotating skills, SPR and Light/Dark buff, Damage mit. and MP, Wall and Veil. And healing with Ayaka when necessary (Carbuncle cast reflect on Mystea the second time I got him in light mode, so I had to use other healing skills instead of spells), breaking MAG with 9S and chaining Tornado and Aeroja.

Once I had the rhythm, it was a breeze, Mystea kept herself pretty well self healed with mechanical heart, and I finished with 0 deaths, and I believe about 15 turns.

Masvroh likes this.