1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

My sincere recommendation to you: Sieghart

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Senturion, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Senturion

Senturion VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Aileen or Tidus usually
    With several key forum members recommending to pull, allow me to tell you why you should not pull hard for Sieghart.

We all know X'mas is around the corner and Christine / White Knight Noel are time-limited. Look at 2B, A2 , Demon Rain and Lilith and you will know that Gumi has been very kind to limited time units recently. You cannot UOC these units which means aside from the event, you will have no way to get them again.

Aside, end of month ticket is a guaranteed rainbow. Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year Day, Post Fan Festa, Lunar New Year & Valentines all coming. Gumi is going to give you alot of Free Pulls and Guaranteed Rainbows. Last year, X'mas they gave us guaranteed rainbow, remember?

Your strategy (and mine) should be like this:
    1. Wait and See what kind of Rainbows you pull.
    2. Example, pulled 1 copy of Wilhelm? (then try harder for 2nd or even UOC)
    3. Example, pulled 1 copy of Sieghart? (then try harder for 2nd)

What you don't want to do is throw all your resources for Sieghart... get 0 or 1 and then what? You pull Wilhelm on your guaranteed and now you have 6 star copy and no 7-star to boot of either. And let's say you got lucky throwing everything and got 2 Sieghart. Your guaranteed rainbows give you 3rd ? It is a waste as well.

Note the release of several Tank type units recently and you will see Gumi is trying to do more releases of non- damage dealing type roles. Even 2B was tweaked into a breaker. Therefore, you can BET there will be Global Exclusive tanks coming which have so far been meta breakers.

Sieghart will forever be in the pool and you can always UOC him if you REALLY need him or somehow pull 1 copy of him. He also has a big weakness in his kit because he has a Single Target passive Cover, which means he will jump infront of your magic AOE cover tank and basically wipe the team in those hard trials. Yes, there are ways to reduce the risk but the risks will not be zero. So buyer's beware of that!

A second major flaw in his kit is that his provoke is 2 turns. This means your rotation is going to be:
    1. Provoke
    2. Cover
    3. Provoke

You have to constantly remember to apply provoke every other turn. This leaves you a very tight rotation with no room for error/ little chance to do anything else.

The banner is NOT Guaranteed. Unlike A2 or 2B banner where you definitely get a copy at the last step, Sieghart banner is not guaranteed. You can throw 2-3 laps of 11k lapis and not get a rainbow / get an off-banner rainbow.

My proposed strategy:
    - Use dailies and tickets and wait for more news on WKN awakening
    - If you manage to pull 1 copy of Sieghart from dailies / tickets, you can go harder for the 2nd copy

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 4:08 PM
    Alucardsoma, Tamamo05, Seven and 10 others like this.
  2. Fenix808

Fenix808 Mr. Aloha (^o^)/ VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    252 911 038
    Leads:
    Olive for Omega
    Amen!!!
    I’ve saved for months for the Christmas banner and I’m not gonna falter now for pretty boy Sieghard. The only thing that can stop me from pulling now is if Randi comes next week. And that is the only scenario I’m which if pull. WKN hype!

Alucardsoma, Seven and Caliber like this.
  3. nox

nox Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zargashower,awakened rain,hyoh,bonus
    People bring this up alot, but i use merc ramza and i have never seen it proc.

4. TwinDragons

TwinDragons Well-Known Member

Leads:
    A2 and soon Sephiroth
    Thank you for bringing more attention to that cover thing. I wasn't too sure until I saw this post... Though I am still leaning towards pulling mostly because I lack a AOE physical cover

Caliber likes this.
  5. Senturion

Senturion VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes! I've 1 Christine and 1 WKN and NO WAY IN HELL I'm gonna let them remain 6 star forever. There will also come Chinese / Lunar New Year and Valentine's day. Really there is no reason to use resources on units that will stay in summon pool or that can be UOC. Those resources should be used for time-limited units that will never be able to UOC or Summoned once their banners are past.

Oh trust me, M. Ramza has wiped me many times doing that dumb ass ST cover. The chances stack up the longer the fights. The reason why it haven't proc for you is because for a good long time, we didnt need a tank since with a Hyoh/ Trance Terra, everything has been pretty much FTKO

Fenix808, matt_b, Seven and 1 other person like this.
  6. Senturion

Senturion VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    It is quite likely that WKN will become a Provoke / Cover tank as well. Try to hold on a little while to see. Gumi is likely to be very kind on X'mas step-up - probably a guaranteed banner rainbow on the last step.

This 11k step-up is not guaranteed.. my worry for you is if you throw Lapis right now.. you may have nothing to show at the end of it. You might get no Rainbow or off-banner Rainbow doing these steps. There has been alot of off-rainbows coming out of banners like that. A lot of players are complaining. You may want to wait till Gumi fix this off-banner / non-guaranteed type of banners. Similar to how JP does their banners right now..

Upcoming major events:
    - Xmas
    - New Year

Gumi will be giving alot of 5-star tickets so you can see what type of rainbows you get out of those. The end of month ticket is a guaranteed 5-star. Last year, Gumi gave like 10+1 guaranteed 5-star summons during Xmas season. You will at least pull a 2-3 guaranteed rainbows in the next 2-3 weeks.

So for example:
    You might pull a Wilhelm? (then use UOC for another one)
    You might pull a Sieghart? (then just use UOC for another one)
    White Knight Noel might be meta-breaking? (then use your resources for him instead)

But if you throw everything now to get Sieghart.. you'd feel really meh if somehow you pull more copies of him down the road in these coming weeks. 3rd, 4th, etc etc. His STMR is not really great so you really just want two of him and get it done with. My strategy for units that are forever in the pool is : I will wait to pull one or even two of them off-banner and then try harder for the 2nd copy IF I don't have the role covered by then.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Caliber and TwinDragons like this.
  7. TwinDragons

TwinDragons Well-Known Member

Leads:
    A2 and soon Sephiroth
    You have a good point. I was absolutely hammered on the 11k step up for VP and 2 other banners. The only time 11k has worked was with Raegan lmao. But anyways thank you for the insight. I will probably hold off until Christmas then. I have 2B to 3TKO any remotely hard content right now. All it takes is I. Nichol and a full evade Chizuru

Caliber and Senturion like this.
  8. Enzo

Enzo Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fryevia, Lilith, Olive
    I think you should still pull, if you're really lacking aphysical cover tank. Unless you already have Wilhelm, I'm which case I'd suggest you just UoC him for 7*

TwinDragons likes this.
  9. fayleen99

fayleen99 Lost soldier, serving for Emperor itself VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly Hyoh and 5 star event units
    I only have 1 Christine and no WKN. I don't think old xmas banners Will get their step up.

10. Jubilate

Jubilate Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    155 939 631
    Japan ID:
    739 573 723
    Leads:
    NA: Grimmie Sakura | JP: Dark Veritas
    Must. .. resist.. urge to pull. ..bc of my itchy fingers. ..
    i don't even want sieghard that bad, I just wanna pull

TwinDragons, bwnyc, rtt and 2 others like this.
  11. Barroth

Barroth Excessivlipoor VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Take your pick
    But wait Halloween did... ::thonk::

12. Bronkobrecher

Bronkobrecher Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2 2472ATK, Event
    exactly what i did ^^ got him and it will be enough for now. most trials are easy with 7 meta. was always lazy about trials - last week i cleared nearly every 10 man and normal trial... and know what? wilhelm did great!

13. Snowgoose

Snowgoose Active Member

Global ID:
    Never pulling on a limited banner again, getting two copies of any limited unit is next to impossible unless you have a huge hoard or pay cash. Rather get the one copy of the seven star like I usually get and be able to at least pull another copy at a later point

IvaNL, bwnyc, Jubilate and 1 other person like this.
  14. Suvikram

Suvikram "Hall of Fame" Member

Pulling on a limited banner and getting stuck with 1 is always worse than one that's always in the pool.....If anything I'd advise avoiding limited banner like the plague,especially ones with older units.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 12:42 AM
  15. Kuuro

Kuuro Weebl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh
  16. Kaiser_Decimation

Kaiser_Decimation Ascended Member

Global ID:
    295 801 115
    Leads:
    Hyoh / Hyoh
    Already got Wilhelm seven star on the alt, and for the main WKN all the way for me! :)

Should he not be good at seven star or if (I hope not) he doesn't get a seven star at all, I have a Wilhelm on the main already that I can UOC. So options all round

Caliber likes this.
  17. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Thiago Amorim Neves Reis Member

Right now I want to know if evade zarg with I nichol will do the trick for future content, despite wanting that beautiful tmr

Caliber likes this.
  18. fayleen99

fayleen99 Lost soldier, serving for Emperor itself VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly Hyoh and 5 star event units
    yeah that's right halloween didn't have it as well as this Xmas

19. udon

udon udonL0rd VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    i really hope they give WKN some love

i really like his over sized... sprite

Alucardsoma likes this.
  20. Zombryo

Zombryo Ascended Member Supporter

My 2 Christines are tired of "freezing the bench" atm. They cant wait to come out and play :D

Alucardsoma and Tamamo05 like this.