1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Mystea build help

Discussion in 'Unit Builds' started by Rishkhan, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Rishkhan

Rishkhan Well-Known Member

im trying to gear Mystea for the Scorn of the White dragon trial, specifically for the No KO mission, but every time I get him past the 80% Threshold Mystea dies. I’m curious if I need to put more SPR on her or if her HP is too low. Currently she’s sitting at 472 SPR and 6200~ HP. During the first turn I’ll use 9S for the sorcery shield and Soleils SPR Buff, and she still gets nuked first threshold. Any tips on what I need to gear for are appreciated

2. Carnefix

Carnefix News bot Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Esther, Cilka, Circe, Cid
    The trial itself is not that hard since it does not have that much HP. But it is nice for newer players to get the gist of some mechanics of the game.

The Dragon deals at each threshold a strong non elemental magic attack: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Scorn_of_the_White_Dragon#Tips
    Thresholds:
    • 80% HP: AoE magic damage (8x)
    • 60% HP: AoE magic damage (8x), DEF/SPR buff, more frequent elemental attacks.
    • 40% HP: AoE magic damage (8x)
    Your Mystea dies to that because she seems to be not strong enough. Do you have a unit that can cast re-raise on your Mystea? It will automatically revive your unit so that she can use her cover on your turn again.

aa25 and Masvroh like this.
  3. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Maybe you can Guard her during tresshold turns? That would halve the damage. And also 472 SPR is not a lot, you should be able to do better. HP is useally better than SPR so try to keep that at 6k. Also any form of mitigation helps. (Mystea's own LB wil help) Another option is to use a friend a.rain or other stronger tank.

(Edit: also maybe a better MAG break, soleils buffs are nice, but her breaks could be better)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    aa25 and Masvroh like this.
  4. Masvroh

Masvroh "an elder brother" VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Hyoh, Lilith
    Nice, you are in the early indignant trial. Welcome to the advanced-level tutorial on the game.

Tanks can't survive by themselves so they need supports. There is nothing wrong with your support (assuming Soleil is enhanced, that is). As mentioned above, guess your tank is not strong enough.

RaagisEd and aa25 like this.
  5. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    This excellent reddit article may help if you want to go into details about how to maximize tank's survivability agasint non-elemental dmg.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...nd_defspr_calculation_which_should_you_focus/

In your case, assuming your Mystea is fully potted, and Soleil's buff is 120% SPR.

Mystea's HP: 6200 = 1.67 or 67% over base value
    Mystea's SPR: 472+211(buff) = 683 = 3.88 or 288% over base value

In this scenario, if you want to maximize her mag effective HP, you want to put more HP on her. (Surprisingly, in most cases in FFBE, you will need more HP since you generally use some sort of active buff, and that is not easy to keep up balancing HP and SPR.)

As posts above me said, let her defend and dmg mitigation buff also help.

Masvroh and RaagisEd like this.
  6. Almea

Almea Santa's Helper VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, Zarg, Rem
    If you haven't used FFBE Equip before, it can be really helpful in figuring out the best balance between HP and SPR using your OWN gear.
    https://ffbeequip.com/

It does take a little bit of a first time setup. All you do is go "my inventory" and click on all the gear that you currently own. It will save it in a google file (it will ask you to login to your google account). Once it's all entered, you can go to the "Unit Builder" and it will automatically calculate the best build using the gear that you have. For magic tanks, you will want to select "Maximize Magical eHP (HP*SPR)".

Masvroh likes this.