1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Nanaki's Pride - Episode 1 Supplemental

Discussion in 'Rants, Raves and Accomplishments' started by Sartre, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Sartre

Sartre "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...need I say more?
    So after getting hazed by the Tifanatics on reddit for my Red clears, I made a supplemental video showcasing some badassery by our favorite underdog (get it?).

Thanks @Arekusu (via @Barroth ) for the LB clear and @Sofosaurus for the Free Unit Clear!

The First Clear - OTKO on Turn 4 using Brave Shift LB

The first clear demonstrates Red's LB burst potential. While Red's LB isn't as strong as Tifa's (110x effective mod vs. 160x effective mod...yikes!) and it's a drag that you have to wait until Turn 4, it's still more than enough to OTKO Behemoth (and probably any beast, demon and/or reaper for that matter!). Thus, Red gets to keep his title as the King of Beasts...and Demons...and Reapers!

Red gets the edge on this one over Tifa for a few reasons, methinks. It's much easier to cap both killers, and also much easier to max his LB damage. He's also self-sufficient with his buffs and imbues (and even his LB damage boost if you wait until Turn 5). No need for Xon shenanigans. Unless of course Xon gets his enhancements and can start spreading LB damage boosts around :)

The strategy for this is pretty simple, and I'll probably do something similar to Coeurl next week (Esther gets the first crack at it tho!!)

Lunafreya provides LB damage boost (you could also use Rivera or Blue Mage Fina if you have her Mobilize skill)

Fid uses Barfiraga from Carbuncle on Turn 1 so Cecil doesn't die from the fire retaliation. Then gives everyone the AR chain move on T2. She heals on Turn 3 and then chains on T4.

Vaan does what Vaan does. Uses his perfect dispel on T4.

Cecil does what Cecil does.

Reds just make sure to use their imbues, fire damage boost, Grandis ability for the 300% ATK boost before Turn 4. Don't have to worry about the killers because they'll proc from the counters, but it doesn't hurt to do it anyway just to make sure :)

On Turn 4 Vaan uses his perfect dispel, Fid and Lunafreya chain with Water Splash, and Reds light it up with their LBs. You do have to be pretty quick on the thumbs to make this work. DC or TC SR chains are much easier to cap because they're so much slower, but I like Fid's AR chain because it's so weak that you really get to see Red doing 99.9% of the damage.

The Second Clear - All-Free-Unit Support Squad Challenge

So apparently having an All-Meta support crew just isn't cool anymore? This little challenge actually gave me an excuse to level and awaken Tyro (yay, I got my 20 SOON coins!). He's an interesting unit, and his Tcast SR chain are neat! Used him to chain with @Sofosaurus while my Red dropped an LB Bomb. Quite fun!

This was the first time I'd actually seriously used SS Machina as a breaker, too. It took a couple of tries before I realized his fullbreak comes with a dispel, which meant I kept dispelling my own breaks and imperils when I Tcasted it ::rudecat11::

Anywho, this one was just for fun. I've gotten so used to clearing trials with Esther, where a top tier support squad is currently absolutely necessary, that I forgot what it was like to be able to clear trials in just a few turns.

I still stand by my statement that support units are always more valuable than damage dealers. I will never pull for another damage dealer (except NV Esther if and when she comes). These NVA units are so stupidly OP that I'll never need another one. Red will last me until Esther wakes up.

Thanks for watching, and I hope this helps someone clear Behemoth for the coins at the last minute!

Absolem, Barroth, Danziger and 2 others like this.
  2. Eynskaet

Eynskaet "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    various
    Super congrats::blackmage::::blackmage::::blackmage::and ::rudecat15::::rudecat16::::rudecat15::::rudecat16::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat6:: at the same time.

Not even dealing with the "Vaan does what Vaan does, Cecil does what Cecil does, Fid and Lunafreya" clear. ::exdeath::

Sartre likes this.
  3. Sartre

Sartre "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...need I say more?
    Thanks ::joy:: I feel like a broken record sometimes explaining the move-sets each time, especially because Vaan and Cecil basically do the same thing for every strategy. My poor fingers don't feel like typing it all over again :-P

Eynskaet likes this.
  4. Eynskaet

Eynskaet "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    various
    Lol, definitely understable, you've been super prolific for quite a while, and you actually take the time to write things out. :) I wasn't complaining about the Vaan/Cecil phrasing, just reacting to it being funny 'cause it's true and because of how well it seemed to convey the ease of the clear (for you). ::up::

5. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    Red drawn, red now bs form and some abilities enhanced need more power pots etc to max but coming into focus ;-)