1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Nanaki's Pride - Episode 8: Rage Against the Machine

Discussion in 'Rants, Raves and Accomplishments' started by Sartre, Jan 12, 2021 at 9:10 PM.

1. Sartre

Sartre Murder Bunny Enthusiast VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Nanaki, Physalis, Moog
    S
    It was a tough decision to make, but now I'm thinking this might open things up a bit on future episodes. The intro is a bit long, but I'm going for a theme of making new and powerful friends so that Nanaki doesn't feel like he has to carry all the weight on these. This is my narrative explanation for using other friend units besides Red XIII in future trials, such as the upcoming Chimaera EXT.

*Note: if you're not a fan of the politically-charged, rap-rock stylings of the band Rage Against the Machine then I suggest you hit mute when the battle starts :)

As you can see I couldn't end up using a friend Nanaki because I just couldn't get the 10-turn mission with a 5-unit team. I could do it with 6-units but not 5. So ultimately I made the decision to bring a friend Nalu, thanks @Shr for this one :)

But I also want to thank everyone that built a Nanaki for this one, as they all were helpful along the way: @RamenRan @RaagisEd @Backosteel @Kaiser_Decimation @Nixilu @Quartz

This isn't to say I won't use Nanaki friends at all anymore on future episodes. I think Scorn of Asura will be a great trial for Red XIII with his on-demand mirage and the fact that there is no turn limit mission for the hard mode clear.

Thanks against everyone for your support in all forms!

RamenRan, RaagisEd and Shr like this.
  2. Pristan

Pristan "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I missed the request for help?!

Oh well. I'm still looking forward to Story Time again. Added to "Watch Later!"

Sartre likes this.
  3. Daedrin

Daedrin Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Missed opportunity for pun: Rave against the machine

Sartre likes this.