1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Need help hyoh

Discussion in 'Unit Builds' started by Rooki101, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Rooki101

Rooki101 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Hi everyone this my first thread here so be easy on me lol ::rudecat17::
    So i have hyoh with 2k Atk and I'm lacking many of TMRs and now i'm having 2 100% TM and i want to use one but on what ?
    Couldn't upload the photos because large files

Hyoh build
    Ultima weapon ( 22% ATK 10 %MP )
    Prishe's hairpin
    Hyoh's clothes
    Marshal glove
    Killian's scarf ( limited item )
    Large sword mastery
    Doublehand
    2× 30% atk

HP 7708
    MP 344
    ATK 2067
    MAG 166
    DEF 278
    SPR 249

I know he could be better but this is what i could do and I want to use the TM to get one of these TMR's

1: Machine power ( 40% atk and nullify paralysis and stone )
    It's good since he is only resist for blind, and paralysis and stone annoying me

2: keeping back the dark ( 40% atk and dark resist to 50% )
    Most of the bosses use dark element and with push from my support he will get zero damage

I don't want to use my 2 TM just want to save one for any new unit

I can wait since his atk is over 2k.
    Any recommended TMR's will be appreciated
    Hope I did it well lol::rudecat1::::rudecat1::

2. Kurogane

Kurogane Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther
    Machine Power is a good TMR and it pairs well with anti-disaster. You should try to clear the Scorn of the Brachiosaur and get Anti-disaster so you can cover all ailments when needed.

Flaming Blade Agni/Tonitrus would probably deal more damage with a 50% imperil than Ultima Weapon. And Hyoh also has his 100% imperil fire/lightning CD move.

I probably wouldn't use moogles on keeping back the dark.

3. DarkStarSquall

DarkStarSquall Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    something deadly
    >140
    Hey there
    First i would say give some atk for status-ailment protection because a Blind/paralyzed hyoh is not a good damage dealer. I use Ribbon on my Hyoh (not the best choice) and it works fine with over 2k ATK. Most ppl would recommend a fire or lightning weapon because of hyohs moveset that can imperil fire/lightning but it depends. Sometimes i like a non-elemental hyoh.
    Discernment from seven is recommended for protection...

4. Rooki101

Rooki101 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I got your point but my team having a.rain and wilhelm as tanks and my rotation for rain energy wall - purification - what my team need
    I know sometimes the bosses will cast some status in first turn but i have LM fina to help so i can manage it

For elemental weapons I agree with you but my ultima has 22% atk so it is high atk and farming both of them now and won't rush it

Thanks for your advice

5. Rooki101

Rooki101 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    My problem is I'm lacking with TMR's so I can't sacrifice atk so I will wait for seven TMR

Also elemental weapons not good choice ( sometimes ) for example if your enemy has resist to that element ( cuz I always forget to edit my team lol )

Thanks for your advice

6. Sonmon63

Sonmon63 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Hi. I have my hyoh interchange with 5 different greatswords (Erdrick/Revolving) for non elemental 2-handed. Tonitrus (lightning), Flaming Blade (Fire) and Excalibur II (Holy). Most of them, except excalibur II, are enhanced. I just equip him depending on the enemy or if i wanted to have an element chain with a friend Hyoh.

I do sometimes forget to switch but its part of the game to challenge me since i brought the wrong sword.

You might want to look into getting Adventurer V. Its not a TM but its also costly and a long time to get.

7. Rooki101

Rooki101 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    That's great but my main problem is the moogles. When I get them I use them on my 7* unit for his TMR ( If I don't have it ). BTW the 200% moogles 100 from finishing lapis ( story ) other from the bundle but for others I'm farming them.

I know how you feel but I used fry with her own TMR against SHIVA !! lol

Adventurer V is great but annoying too. Having Adventurer ll and 30 relic ...

Thanks for your advise

8. Stavros

Stavros Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Many
    150ish
    A rain is good on rotation, but won’t help turn one status effects, or recovery after a reraise when you need to reset your cover, or if you need to fit a provoke into rotation on turn 2.
    Also if your Hyoh is your companion unit you will help others by added immunity :)

9. Enzo

Enzo VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fryevia, Lilith, Olive
    If what you really want is to get gear for your Hyoh, I suggest you just hold on to your moogles until you can get cloud, Nalu, or Elfreeda #2. Or tonitrus/flaming blade agni. Elemental chains with imperil will give you so much more than a non-elemental build.

Just so you know, tanks won't protect your Hyoh from ailments, even if he won't take damage (e.g. Your cover tank will take all the damage from malboro's bad breath, but it won't stop the ailments from hitting your units)

10. Rooki101

Rooki101 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Reraise I miss that part. i remember how many times I rerasied him and he losses all the buff. So I should use anti-disaster + machine power instead of the 2 × 30% atk but I will lose so many atk points

I will try to get anti-disaster for now
    Thanks for your advice

Stavros likes this.
  11. Rooki101

Rooki101 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Waiting for 5* will takes a long long long time. Also the game hates me I have zero luck here haha. For the elemental weapon I'm farming them for now and don't won't to use my moogles on them

I know the tank can't protect from ailments but A.rain has a 3 turns CD that give all ailments resist for 3 turns + stop resist for all allies. That what I meant about my tank. I think I will wait for the next batch
    Thanks for your advice