1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Need some opinions and ideas for team composition

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Slyphy, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Slyphy

Slyphy Member

Global ID:
    Hi All ,

Long time lurker , but i feel like i am stuck right now with my team
    https://imgur.com/a/V4jXM9w

This(Link above) is basically what i use for most of if not all content but right now i feel like zeno and esther chaining is not really "there" in terms of damage i was thinking of swapping out zeno for eBSS just for thunder shenanigans and since both esther and eBSS can thunder imperil the damage output should be much better i am assuming?

Notable mentions i also have a SSC with roughly 20khp and 2k spr sitting on the backlines .

Any advice/ideas would be very appreciated , also have an auron just in case esther/slyvie breaks is not enough .

2. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Shenaniganator VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Karten, Anti Matsuri Tsukiko, Kryla
    Your team lacks a breaker. Yes, Sylvie can break but only for 3 turns for 70%, after that it's 45% breaks for the next three turns until the cooldown is through :)
    My suggestion is: Kick Zeno or Esther, get Auron into the team, chain with friend Zeno/Esther.
    And for trials, change and reequip them accordingly to your opponent. For the everyday stuff this team as more than sufficient. And forget to use BSS with Esther, they can't chain.

3. Slyphy

Slyphy Member

Global ID:
    Could you please tell me why do they not chain? , i feel like i am missing something from the wiki it seems eBSS shares the same chaining family as esther BS . Which would you prefer me to kick zeno or esther ?

4. Tamamo05

Tamamo05 "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Breaker or event
    @Slyphy maybe use zeno if the enemy doesn't resist fire while if they doesn't resist lightning use esther?

::search::
    Screenshot_2019-08-13-17-07-56-278_org.mozilla.firefox~01.png

Luvbishie and TheKillingJoke like this.
  5. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Shenaniganator VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Karten, Anti Matsuri Tsukiko, Kryla
    Whoa, shit! Didn't know that.

6. Slyphy

Slyphy Member

Global ID:
    We learn something new everyday :P , but now that you know would it have made a difference? eBSS and esther chaining?

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  7. Slyphy

Slyphy Member

Global ID:
    Thank you :) , I actually went with killingjoke recommendation i stripped half of zeno and geared for auron . Do you think the breaks is enough usually i use slyvie/esther to break

8. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sophia or event
    [​IMG]
    ;)

Tamamo05 and TheKillingJoke like this.
  9. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    Technically speaking, eBSS does not chain well with Esther. Esther will want to alternate between her LB which is a AR frame and T-cast BS/AT frame moves while Sakura will want to T-cast and Penta-cast her stuffs which are BS frame only, including self-cap, iirc. Both of them will end up losing big chunk of dmg potential chaining together.

I would recommend you looking for chaining with a dupe from friend units instead (i.e. use friend Esther chaining with your own Esther and friend eBSS chaining with your own eBSS.) This is true for Zeno as well. Basically, pick one unit you like or want to use the most and stick with that.

10. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    Got any elephims in unit list? Try and get another and wait for enhancements :)

11. Tamamo05

Tamamo05 "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Breaker or event
    Yeah, actually even if I did use them both together, it does feel like that. When Esther LB gauge is full... "Okay, lolwut should I do with these"

Though, idk, anyone tried capping their chaining with quick final thunder?

aa25 likes this.
  12. Slyphy

Slyphy Member

Global ID:
    Great this is very informative , glad i held out my resources was going to be super expensive fully enhancing and dooring her. Thank you very much

13. Slyphy

Slyphy Member

Global ID:
    no elephim unfortunately :( , i only have auron/ht lid / loren / . But i've read that after enhancement she becomes on another level compared to whom i have just listed but man idk.. i prefer a macho auron instead of a fragile elephims lol

14. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    Anyone of thosr at 7* will do for now. You can worry about upgrading to other breaker after your first team is settled. All three of them are of the style that want to use their LB as often as possible.

Lid will want her LB maxed out (but don't need her own TMR as much), while Auron and Loren don't need their LB's maxed out, but they want to equip their own TMR.

All three of them will want stuffs that help them use LB (LB fill rate and auto-fill stuffs).

Hope this help.