1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Need some team rebuilding/chaining advice

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Valgon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Valgon

Valgon Well-Known Member

Good day/night to everyone. I’ve been playing for a while but took a break during a time where the last story mission was locked out at Reagan doing his grand reveal (so yea I know I’m more than a bit behind on the story mode and new espers in more ways than one but I’m working on it!).

So here’s my little bit of a dilemma. I do have quite a few tmrs and some nice characters I believe were pretty dang good at the time and some new ones. But for certain things like some of the new trials and like the 3* Siren and Ifrit it feels like I maybe somewhat outta touch so any rework arounds would be greatly appreciated

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/TigerTwista/CC4676C5-A39D-40BC-A1A6-FA03B07D7998.png

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/TigerTwista/6251A598-E7E4-4BDE-93C7-41E3B1560B91.png

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/TigerTwista/ADD0CD02-4798-4E5C-B129-F364377D827F.png

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/TigerTwista/32A6984B-67F5-48A5-85E4-6B07A94A88C9.png

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/TigerTwista/1E11DD15-B326-485C-BB9D-046B27E656B0.png

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/TigerTwista/8E724676-239C-4BFA-9797-78841726BE90.png

I’ve included my roster of characters that I have right now and I feel there may be someone that I should level to help me with that I need. But just to kind of give an example of the parties I had been trying out

Tanks- Swap between WoL and Wil

DPS- just recently leveled second Olandeau to 100 since I had him, 2B, Ashe, Laswell, Noctis

Healers- I got the new Fina and I love her since I don’t have Ayaka. Riku (with tmr) and Tillith

Buffers- Well I think it’s been addressed but I should probably learn now how to apply them since I had been so used to steamrolling everything hence what caused my break (and lack of content at the time) to begin with.

And I’m still not 100% sure how to apply finishers, which was one thing I’ve noticed people mentioning when making parties

2. Ross ba

Ross ba "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    003 115 660
    Leads:
    Elza/orlandeau/fryevia
    Your team is still very good you have tanks,healers and dps already covered you could look into enhancing tidus as he is top tier dps.

For you buffer enhance soliel
    https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Soleil
    For the 120% buffs it will ramp up your damage a ton.

And as for finishers they are not really neccesary with a good setup but you have good options with DKC, firion, FoV and emperor but i wouldnt really worry bout them if needed just bring your 2 landus and a friend finisher.

Also might be worth waiting on fryevias enhancements to see what there like

3. Kujo

Kujo Ascended Member

What I see missing is magic cover, which is probably why Ifrit and Siren seem tough. Like Mystea, Chow, or Basch. Tank companions are pretty rare, though; and worse, you'll need them equipped for the specific fight you're doing. Maybe ask on the forums for someone to put up a companion for that fight (can send me a PM if you want.)

4. Valgon

Valgon Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice I’ll definitely have to take you up on that offer somepoint once I do a bit more leveling. Seems like I may have to pray to RNGesus for those 5* or wait for the banners for those magic covers. Now as far as team comp goes what would you say would be a good run down, Wil, 2 landus?(divine ret would need to be maxed I take it) Soleil and Fina? At least on some trials aspects? Or if I wanna maximize some chain aspects should I toss in Tidus or 2B with the pod?

5. Ross ba

Ross ba "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    003 115 660
    Leads:
    Elza/orlandeau/fryevia
    Ye that should be a good core to build your team around the 2 landus should do the job so you could bring a friend unit that you feel would help such as a magic tank or finisher if needed.

Then if needed as you said you could bring in 2b or tidus plus chaining friend and drop the two landus if something is holy resistant

6. Kujo

Kujo Ascended Member

I think you'll find that you build differently for each trial. Like Aigaion needs someone to soak a killing blow and re-rez (plus it's a VERY long fight so you need lots of sustain.) Or the Fallen Ice Bird is all about being able to survive the preemptive attack with enough units left to kill the boss (2*OK + Yan, in my case) I certainly didn't use the same team for both trials.

I haven't used any dedicated buffer unit like Soleil. You have CG Fina, so have Divine Veil. Wilhelm has General's Command. None of those are 120%, of course, and you may find you need more of a certain buff. But 120% ATK is "only" +45% damage at my equipment level. So I prioritize breaks when they work, then imperils, killers. If I have a unit slot left, I'm more likely to bring a finisher than a buffer. Defensive buffs, on the other hand, have been key... but I've still managed to use abilities on units I was bringing anyway (Basch, CG Fina, etc.)

You'll be bringing chainers to pretty much everything. Often it will be your 2xOrlandeau, sometimes it might be your Orlandeau and a compatible friend, sometimes it might be your 2B and a friend 2B or your Tidus and a friend Tidus.

So it's more about having a good roster to choose from than it is about building the One Team To Rule All Trials.

Mystea is 4*, so is by far your best bet. Chow was time-limited, so RNGesus won't help you there. Basch and Mystea will be on the "Magic and Defense" type banner... along with a bunch of others...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  7. Valgon

Valgon Well-Known Member

So just a little update, I pulled merc Ramza and Onion Knight from the recent banner (thanks summoning tickets!) and I’m looking to try out Aigaion for the first time in a while. While I get the whole concept of having reraise on the highest attacker and either doing the arms or body first while trying to take out both the right arm and main body at the same time. I’m having a somewhat difficultly trying to figure out which route to go.

I’ve looked up team comps however outdated some may be but I’m looking at current units right now like would it still be possible to do it.

Teams I had in question

1) Wilheim (sacrifice unit with provoke), CG Fina, A2, 2B, Rikku? Friend A2

2) Wilheim, CG Finna, A2, Frevia, Orlandeau, Friend A2 or Frevia

3)Wil, Tillith, Rikku, Frevia, Orlandeau, Friend Orlandeau or Frevia

Only reason I hadn’t considered OK is while I do have him at 100, I don’t have his tmr now some weapons that I think would be required for him. Plus I think I’m missing out on weapons or abilities that could make this trial easier. And in regards to the strategy I would prefer to do Brute/Body route if possible but yea how likely is my team composition going to be in regards to possible success?