1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

New Arena Cancer

Discussion in 'Arena & Quests' started by PrezObama, Mar 3, 2020.

1. PrezObama

PrezObama "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Prez
    I've run into this on a couple of 1.50 points multiplier teams this week and it's the first losses I've had in many many months.

Essentially it's all physical CG units with LBs that chain perfectly. One was 3 CG Noctis and 2 CG Lightning. Another was 2 Lightning, 2 Firion and 1 AOK. If the spinner makes them go first, they all spark chain/cap their LBs and you die.

In any case, they must be equipped with TDH and 100%+ accuracy because I had my Lenna equipped with 125% evade and she still died.

I removed all my evade gear and put all my HP gear on Lenna to get her to over 23,000 HP so I should be able to survive the assault and raise my team. Assuming the chainers hit for about 2500 HP each and the 3 others are capping the chain for 3996 each you're looking at an HP requirement of 17,000 to survive.

Having the AI auto-use their LB is one thing but having them programmed to be perfectly timed and spark chain is just stupid. You leave the opposing team with no choice but to use a cover tank and hope he covers a healer or have a stacked HP healer. Any other options are dead on the die roll.

Sefiros, Seven and Wdiggums like this.
  2. Ashlag

Ashlag Avoid political talk here, it's a landmine Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    19x
    It's not that new, but it's one of the many reasons not to bother too much if you don't find fun in arena. It's just an unsatisfying mess in term of gameplay.

Seven and 21er like this.
  3. daima

daima "Hall of Fame" Member

Nothing 5 Lucas cant handle and counter to death.::ink::

Seven and Halcón Negro like this.
  4. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Its no fun, and you can gear 5 units of your own for 20k HP, but then you become the troll yourself ::down:: It's all bad karma. But like Ashlag said, just don't care and let karma do its thing, as long as i/you/we finish in the top 3000 it's all good.

(That or get 5 Lucasses offcourse. Liliths probably work, i sometimes use Estherses)

Seven likes this.
  5. kurizu

kurizu 友達の為に私は戦う VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Zenaida | JP Riku
    Why going over 100% o.o

If I remember correctly on JP AI doesnt pick LB all the time anymore so let's hope for that soon on GL o/

6. Ashlag

Ashlag Avoid political talk here, it's a landmine Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    19x
    Actually to have a satisfying arena you'd need to either rework the whole system or rebalanced units with rebalanced stats/passives in arena. But that's really not gonna happen anyway.

RaagisEd likes this.
  7. PrezObama

PrezObama "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Prez
    I figured I'd try and see if extra evade countered opposing accuracy values. Like if their units had 75% accuracy and I have 125% evade does it net to dodging 50% of attacks.

8. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    ACloud, MI Lass, Kuja, Bonus
    You know, I was thinking about possible arena cancer teams and came up with this idea. I decided to keep my damn fool mouth shut rather than be responsible for an outbreak.

9. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    It doesn't work like that :D

These types of teams are a non issue as my normal arena team all units are close to 30k hp anyways as you don't really need high atk there.

Then again I don't troll or create cancer teams anymore ::ink::

MacroH8r likes this.
  10. Arekusu

Arekusu VIP VIP

Make sure you’re in the top 30k, and throw all your matches. Just Menu > Give up, as soon as the spinner starts. Arena is a failed game mode.

11. LurkerRamza

LurkerRamza Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Xeno, TT, LM Fina, SSC, Bonus
    I call this 50/50. First go wins. I tried 3 times, lost 2 out of 3 and started avoiding.
    Theres another one with nearly all CG units which I can survive and usually win.

Attached Files:

12. Skye

Skye "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Edel, MWTerra, Rab
    I can confirm the 17k HP. I try to have decent health on at least my healer in the Arena, and she lost a bit less than 17k HP to the 2x Firion 2x Lightning AOK team whenever I went second.

No losses though, if you have the HP these teams aren't very damgerous, LB never dual-wields, so they are basically locked into that one moveset and damage range even when going first.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    Veralian likes this.