1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

new player team help?

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Inomata, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Inomata

Inomata New Member

Global ID:
    ok i started a week ago and having trouble deciding on a team that works this is what i have...FYI im f2p too.
    taivas
    nv rain
    cetra aerith
    sacred shield Charlotte
    i dont know who to use for a breaker any suggestions that i can get from the destiny tickets.

2. Backosteel

Backosteel "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    You might consider 5* Sylvie as a breaker/support. Vaan can also fill that role as a provoke/evade breaker. If you're looking at dated breaks anyway, she is solid and cheap and serves a lot of other support roles. Loren is old, but can also fill a few roles (break, imbue/imperil). Summer Fina and Lid also can function as a breaker and are NVA if you want an NVA. Of the NVAs available, Seighard and Daisy are both reasonable physical tanks. LM Fina has her uses as a healer. Yuraisha can be a buffer/support (but is quite dated). Unfortunately, the units available fromthe Destiny tickets aren't really meta.

3. Inomata

Inomata New Member

Global ID:
    i reagen any good already have a copy and i can get shards in ex store? also is nv gabanrith worth it as a phy tank kinda like him so far but he is a weird unit?

4. Backosteel

Global ID:
    Gabranth is fine as a physical tank. For a lot of the content, your physical tank will be built full evade (100% accumulated physical evasion) and have a cover ability. I haven't run the maths to see if Daisy is better than he is, but my guess is that she is more beefy. I think Gabranath may have some innate evasion built in you could use though.

5. Backosteel

Global ID:
    Reagan is ok as a damage dealer, and one you can get with shards, etc. right now. But his damage is really dated. I don't think he is really worth spending resources on. I would focuse more on support and tank type characters in the NVA materials. While not as robust or meta of kits, there will still be uses for some of the support abilities (imbues, killer buffs, etc.) while the damage dealers you just want the one who hits the hardest, and your Taivas will hit harder than any of the NVAs (maybe SP Tidus depending on gear/element, but otherwise...)

6. Backosteel

Global ID:
    Reagan has a chaining move that does 100x per hit, (so 300x for t-cast) which is fine for a chainer, and a CD with a 200x locked to light. For comparison, WD Ling (a support NV) can grant everyone in the party t-cast of a 90x chaining move.

For comparison, Full Moon Karten (a limited Halloween NV) on his Magnus ability does (300x + 300x + 450x). Granted, he hits like a truck, but that is 3.5x Reagan's chaining damage.

7. Backosteel

Global ID:
    One last thought on this too. Most content now is relying on a "burst" turn, where you do your optimal damage. At this point, that is often finishers with support units chaining where the hits from the finishers land in the later part of the chain, increasing their damage. If we are talking about damage dealers, finishers like Sephiroth, Auron, Taivas, etc. are going to be doing the bulk of your damage.

8. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    All NV tanks can be viewed as equals in their role as tank. The difference is mostly in what else they can do. As a tank he is great, awesome STMR, survives a lot without needing any other units, even better at EX2. Then he has some AoE mitigations, a niche ability to cover a single unit against all damage and a 3xBS chains for support on a burst turn. You can definitely use him. (But just about all other tanks have a better support abilities and or are better geared against elements and/or evasion)

Besides Daisy you could also consider Sieghard NVA as tank he can tank againts physical and magical damage. (But getting them to NVA while you allready have a Gabranth might be too much of an investment)

(Same as Backosteel, i would suggest using these tickets on tank/support/healer roles. Unfortunately Sylvie is not amongst them. If we get 5 of these? I think we get get 6 of these. Use 5 of them on the same unit to get them to NVA (or 6 and invest some omniprism/UoC to get to EX1). The only breaker i see is summer Fina&Lid. They are great... until you get a better one. But they also have decent support abilities, so not a bad choice and very usefull STMR)

Edit: Wait don't we get a free sosLightning somehow somewhere? She could be your breaker.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    Backosteel likes this.
  9. Inomata

Inomata New Member

Global ID:
    ok i got my sos lightning today and ex 1 her.
    i have scared shield Charlotte to nv ill work on daisy later i have 4 copies of her now. with the 3 other tickets i was going to either do Charlotte or daisy. Here is the problem i have now chainers for taivas? who to use?

i have these current units: nv rain ex 2, cobolt blade noctis, vermillion blade ardyn, nv elena starlight something, and rain-lasswell.

what would you suggest from those ill probably get better units as time passes but want to have some decent for now to get taivas ramped up. im really liking him alot. Went with cetra descendent aerith till i can get a slyvie for support she is not doing half bad for my team.

Update: my daisy is at 7 star now just need here super trust and i can nv her

ps the reason im asking im a bit confused on chaining families... i know that the same family line up perfectly but isnt there a way to use different families to still chain by timing

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  10. Inomata

Inomata New Member

Global ID:
    Also sorry for all the questions and thanks a ton for the help. I wish i never quit all those years ago. I think i just got salty when the 7 stars came out and blew 100k lapis on old sepiroth banner and got that other chick thats was on it.

RaagisEd likes this.
  11. Nea Walker

Nea Walker Active Member

Jesse is a decent 7star. Starts with a low preemptive break and she can break/imperil/entrust. Also easily geared for 100% provoke and somewhat for dodge. NVA Gilgamesh is a good breaker as well. If you have enough 5 star Beatrix then you can awaken her to a big booty magic tank