1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

new unit vs others?

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Inomata, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Inomata

Inomata New Member

Global ID:
    The new unit coming out is a breaker is he good for a new player who doesnt have another breaker other than sos lightning?
    In a couple of days ill be getting 40 5 star tickets selectors was going to use all 50 i gave on slyvie would she be a bad choice over the new unit because im trying to ex3 taivas and im almost there and i want to save for the xenogears collab.

Any opinions or suggestions welcome and thanks in advanced.

2. Backosteel

Backosteel "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Sylvie is well worth the investment (although you only need 18 5* ticket selectors ... 10 for the unit and 8 for the prism). She doesn't NEED her STMR.

The new breaker is fine. The card you get at the full 25k is really the prize. But as a new player, I would probably save until xenogears collab (hopefully coming).

3. Inomata

Inomata New Member

Global ID:
    oh you dont need her to goto nv?

oh and daisy is really good thanks for that advice. Now i need to find evasion stuff for her. i got her to nv. She has 25% evasion so far.

4. Backosteel

Backosteel "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Yes, Sylvie just goes to 7*. And she still has massive utility. Another to consider is MMXon. He has the ability to steal and spread buffs, like elemental imbues, killers, atk/mag buffs, etc.

As far as evasion stuff, it will come with time. Keep an eye out for units who have TMRs with 25% evasion on accessory (like old old Noctis, Aloha Laswell, slime STMR (you might have gotten some from DQ event), etc.) or evasion on materias (like Avalanche Jesse, Kaito STMR, Freedom Seeker Vaan, etc). Otherwise, just be patient. MMXon STMR is great for that (30% evade), Avalanche Jesse's STMR (30% evade hat), NV Zidane TMR (30% evade clothes), etc.

You also might consider getting Avalance Jessie to 7* as a provoke evade tank. She can get to full evade and full auto-provoke (100% draw attacks innately) fairly easily. She has innate 100% draw attacks and I think 70% evade just using her TMR. She also has 80% ST breaks and 75% AOE breaks (IIRC).

https://exvius.fandom.com/wiki/Avalanche's_Jessie

Scheich likes this.
  5. Inomata

Inomata New Member

Global ID:
    Ok thanks....i have 2 5 star selector beginners ticket anyone in there i should grab?

6. Eynskaet

Eynskaet "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lots and lots
    The [Cloud, Aerith, Gabranth, Locke, Rain, Lasswell, Physalis, Sol] exchange? Lol. I've apparently skipped over the 5* select beginners banner so many times that I can't see it even when I'm looking for it. :-/

Anyhow, same advice applies. Depends on what if any gaps you have in your role coverage, but probably just look at them as TMRs, and eventually (for some) STMRs.... If I were to choose two to actually use as units, assuming nothing about your unit collection (other than Daisy and Sylvie), probably Elena and LM Fina.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  7. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2Best, Ibara, Tifa, S.Elena
    He is pretty decent breaker, it just that he is outclassed by some older breakers. But if you don't have any of the older ones he is a decent investiment.
    The good thing about him is that he has pretty decent damage for a breaker.