1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Nice game .. but?

Discussion in 'War of the Visions' started by Shadowschild, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Shadowschild

Shadowschild Ascended Member

On day 2, already uninstalled once, came back again to give it a fair shot. Got some decent rainbows but the gameplay on auto is boring and im already repeating things (grinding) just to awaken units. I still dont have any weaponsnl outside the tutorial, there isnt even a town with a shop....which is really stupid.

The story has good voice acting but it doesn't engage me because there are no messages during battle, its like the fight module is totaly disconnected from the story. The enemies are all repeated, maybe seen 4 or 5 different sprites so far.

I feel like playing ffbe and wotv is juggling my free time between 2 games that throw rewards at you for ever little thing you do. I cant juggle two games in the long run, so will have to let go of wotv sooner or later.

That said, the game has nice artwork and the cg animation is like an extension of ffbe. But there is one huge problem for me and thats heat. My galaxy s7 gets so hot i have to remove the case, put it on a stand and have a fan blow air over it. The battery also drains super fast even with lowered graphics setttings. Ffbe doesnt do that.

At the end of the day i think this game has some redeeming qualities and can go either way but its not for me

2. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    WLD Fina, Foo, Myra, Aerith, Kry
    You're not really supposed to do it on auto. You will end up regretting it.

\

You get your weapons and armor from the shop. You also can get the recipes as well in creating them by buying them in the shop as well. Didn't you look in all of the shops for them so you can buy and also craft them?

What chapter and scene are you even on? There's definitely more than 4-5 different sprites.

3. Tena

Tena Well-Known Member

Jumped to the same conclusion, nice game but way too many things to do and really time consuming ^^
    If I was running only one mobile game it could have been this one but I won’t left others I play starting with FFBE

4. Shadowschild

Shadowschild Ascended Member

Update; stuck to it a bit more this weekend. Finished the available story and did most of the events. I got lucky and pulled the monk girl, giglamesh, einheart and the katana guy as well as tankred.

At this point i can tell you the game basically plays itself on auto. The grind to get blue vision things for job awakening is stupidily repetative and drains my very soul. Character shards are another problem altogether, especially giglamesh, but he is a good dmg/support unit.

At this point in the game im repeating the same quests over and over, must have done hours autoing chapter 1, scene 1 trying to get awakening materials. My phone continues to heat up alot and crashes often even with the case off and a fan blowing over it.

All in all the story wasnt interesting, the gameplay is ok if you don't auto, but only 1 instance required disabling auto (maps with switches or puzzles for example).

I find myself happy with ffbe, I prefer games that engage you more (combos, stratagy and great graphics) and i kinda feel thats where wotv falls a bit flat. The chains are slow, so is the gameplay, the graphics are ok, but the maps really are dull to look at, and its the same human/beast sprites over and over. It feels like you either jump all in and get ready to grind it out for an eternity or you realize early on thats not for you and quit.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020 at 12:37 PM
  5. RavenZ

RavenZ Ascended Member

game is as final fantasy tactics if you dont like tactics games of course you are not going to like this one

SummonerBWM likes this.