1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

No summon fest and 5% Rainbow rate in every banner

Discussion in 'General' started by Benjuu, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Benjuu

Benjuu Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Seph,GLS,Barb,Fryevia,Landu and more..
  2. hotaru251

hotaru251 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    New 5★ units will not be added into the Select Summon pool, and instead their prisms (7★ awakening material) will be added to the Select Summon pool on the same day that the 5★ units are introduced.
    Also, these unit prisms can be exchanged for fewer tickets!
    Current 5★ units within the 5★ Select Summon pool will remain exchangeable as playable units, and their unit prisms will also be available for exchange!

@Regalia this might mean CG WoL is basically summon fest?

Xhominid The Boss and bceltics_3 like this.
  3. ExHaseo

ExHaseo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena, Sephiroth KH, Esther, Charlotte
    I would hardly call this good news. No units will be added to UoC pool. At all. Only prisms. Which means that you HAVE to pull on a banner you want. No more being able to hoard UoC and just get guaranteed units. You have to get lucky.

It's a little better than JP, kind of. At least in JP some units were added to the UoC pool. And summon fest banners only summoned summon fest units. The same isn't the case here. They're only taking out an unspecified number of "older" units on certain banners. Which means the pools are going to be diluted with garbage off-banner rainbows still.

Fabell, Tamamo05, Sagranth and 3 others like this.
  4. bceltics_3

bceltics_3 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Christine, Bartz, evade Sieg, Fid
    I’m happy to see JP’s way of summon fest isn’t a thing for GL.
    While I’d prefer UoC, universal prisms are a good compromise since they still give us some safety net (only need 1 unit for 7* now).

5. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat, Mayor of Zombietown VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Riku, Tsukiko, Elena, AK Rain, KM
    0xA3
    Not really. Summon fest isn;t UoC able period. This just means that I need the first copy from the step up, and can pick up the prism - All I'm missing out on is a second TMR, which usually isn't an issue.

I do like the fact that they're de-cluttering the summon pool. Non-ticket summons will have a smaller pool to draw from now.

6. Platinumdragon

Platinumdragon Ascended Member

Leads:
    Zeno of the Beta Star
    I overall like the changes made do feel it a far better compromise than I expected to see from gumi with implementing the summon fest.

bceltics_3 likes this.
  7. hotaru251

Global ID:
    one of FB comments on it:

tl;dr was like "this is bs u dont give us many UoC and now u cant get the unit with em?"

8. Daergoth

Daergoth Ascended Member Supporter

It’s far better than i expected. That makes me nervous.

bceltics_3 likes this.
  9. Airazalt

Airazalt "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Crono, Magus
    This is great news! Very happy for this change.

bceltics_3 likes this.
  10. b3l14l

b3l14l Senior Noob VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Yeah, I gots mixed feelinz on this whole 8 UoC for a prism thing. No more 20 UoC for that guaranteed unit. Hell, if ya gots horrible luck like some of us and dump everything into a banner trying for that unit ya been dreaming of only to come up empty handed, SOL. But u can grab their prism ::happy::

And I'm not sold on the idea that -2 UoC is worth missing out on some, maybe not all, but some of them TMRs.

I mean it's not like UoCs are raining like in JP. If the Prisms were 5 or 6 UoC, I'd be more pleased.

Work harder I guess.

bceltics_3 and Cylian like this.
  11. Mohamed

Mohamed Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    709 887 045
    Leads:
    Elena, Event Units,Sol for Bloody Moon
    You really don't have to get lucky if they continue step-up summons with guaranteed 5* units on the last step. The UoC just becomes a tool to offset the 7* system. You still have to pull one 5* unit just like pre-7* meta. If anything, finally increasing the on-banner rainbow rates makes this easier than the pre-7* meta.

LurkerRamza, bceltics_3 and Tamamo05 like this.
  12. hotaru251

Global ID:
    arent "most" stepups multi unit ones? (i know they made WoLkrille/galuf/BMexdeath single but thats 1 off so far right?) like the CG Lightning who shared with Nope

bceltics_3 likes this.
  13. ExHaseo

ExHaseo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena, Sephiroth KH, Esther, Charlotte
    Considering basically every banner is a split banner these days, yes you do. I pulled on the KH banner and got 7 KH Sephiroth, and not a single Riku. I did 3 laps. You still have to get lucky.

Pre-7* was a very different game. There were plenty of usable 4* units, so you didn't have to get 5*. Now anything except 5* is essentially useless.

Also, the pool is going to be pretty diluted with off-banner rainbows still. The rates aren't going to be much better, and it only applies to lapis pulls. All ticket pulls are going to have the full number of units.

Ultimately, we're being punished for absolutely no reason. The only reason summon fest even existed was because JP got way more free lapis and way more UoC than we did. So they had to in order to curb people just getting everything for free. We've never had that problem. Yet they're still screwing us. I would've been fine with them upping the number of UoC needed, but this is too much.

bceltics_3 likes this.
  14. Mohamed

Global ID:
    709 887 045
    Leads:
    This is honestly why I almost always only pull on single unit banners. Which is more than plenty to build a whale team. Galuf, SS Charlotte, Lenna, Elena etc have had single 5* banners. If people want to chase units on multi-5* banners that's a trade off they have to make. But there are more than plenty meta units on guaranteed banners. But I get that it sucks if you really want a unit on 3-way-rainbow banner. But that's the sucky thing about any gatcha game.

bceltics_3 likes this.
  15. Mohamed

Global ID:
    709 887 045
    Leads:
    "Selected older units will be removed from the 5★, 4★, and 3★ pools of the following banners:
    • 1/2 Price
    • Featured Summon
    • Step-up Summon
    • In-app purchase Summon
    • Summons obtained via Step-up (Example: 5★ Guaranteed (20%/30% Featured) Ticket Summon)"
    You're definitely right that 4* bases are mostly useless, but this new change has no impact on that. It looks like most banners will not be diluted with older units, and either way, the on-banner rate is 1.5% regardless of how many off-banner units are in the summon pool.

16. Senturion

Senturion VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Aileen or Tidus usually
    Exactly guys! This is not positive news.

From now on and not just Summon Fest but normal banners as well like WOL banner you cannot UOC the unit. You can only UOC the prism. This means you MUST participate and MUST pull at least 1 of the featured unit before you can use UOC to awaken to 7-star.

It is at most a neutral versus JP and not a upgrade.

In JP, at least some banners are NOT summon festival. Those banners like WOL you can still throw 20 UOC tickets and obtain your banner unit. Now you CANNOT.

Tamamo05 and rkl303 like this.
  17. Mohamed

Global ID:
    709 887 045
    Leads:
    Yes. People can't use 20 UoCs on a character anymore. But how many units can you actually do that for given the limited amount of UoC tickets we get? 2 maybe 3? We get lapis and tickets every month. It's not like it's incredibly difficult to be f2p and summon 1 5* unit that you want with increased on-banner drop rates.

Ultimately some people are going to like or hate any change. If your heart was set on dropping 20 UoCs on a specific character, yea, that sucks. But there are definitely a lot of pluses to this change.

18. Platinumdragon

Platinumdragon Ascended Member

Leads:
    Zeno of the Beta Star
    also the only banner that wasn't summer fest since cg wol has been the rerun of valkyrie profile and dragon quest 11 I believe

bceltics_3 likes this.
  19. Senturion

Senturion VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Aileen or Tidus usually
    The problem is split or triple banners.

Easter banner is one example where Sylvie was introduced and she's a game changer for many. Lucky for us who pulled hard but never got a single Sylvie, we could UOC her. And she works amazing at 6-star even.

If this changed was introduced back then, alot of us would be in a serious set-back.

20. Mohamed

Global ID:
    709 887 045
    Leads:
    Triple rainbow banners suck even more than a Katy Perry event. Gumi fixed this on the FFV banner giving each 5* their own banner. I hope they do more of that going forward. If not, it sucks and I'll never pull on a triple rainbow banner, but I don't need every newest unit. I can wait until the next damage dealer comes out on a single rainbow banner.

bceltics_3 likes this.