1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

[NOT-A-GUIDE] Doctor Aiden's Healing

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Haou, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Haou

Haou Ascended Member

Leads:
    XWQL BHZQ Chow Kryla Lucius aOlive
    DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
    - This is not a guide
    - This is not an all-purpose build that would be useful on any content/trial
    - This is just a sample, different gear selection might have a different result

GEARING RULE (On Sample Build)
    - No STMR
    - No Time Limited Gear
    - No 5* Base TMR (except for Doctor Aiden TMR)
    - No Adventurer V
    - Stats Pot are included
    - Stats Door are not included
    - Lakshmi Esper

[​IMG]
    Doctor Aiden 7★
    Right hand: Holy Wand MP+20%, ATK+16, SPR+120, SPR+20% (IW :SPR/MP +20%)
    Head: Frozen Crown HP+500, DEF+16, SPR+50
    Body: Aiden's Trench Coat DEF+25, SPR+65
    Accessory 1: Precious Bread DEF+1, SPR+1, SPR+40%
    Accessory 2: Kihana's Necklace SPR+45
    Materia 1: Barrier Mage's Oath SPR+50%
    Materia 2: Staff Mastery SPR+50%
    Materia 3: Thirst for Survival HP+30%, SPR+30%
    Materia 4: Healer's Wisdom SPR+40%
    Esper: Lakshmi HP+77, MP+66, ATK+41, DEF+46, MAG+44, SPR+72
    Total: HP:12083, MP:696, ATK:237, DEF:398, MAG:266, SPR:1893
    STER = Operate - Sterilization
    STER+ = Operate - Sterilization with 5x mod boost from Operate - An Apple a Day
    ANTI = Operate - Antibodies Boost
    ANTI+ = Operate - Antibodies Boost with 5x mod boost from Operate - An Apple a Day
    LB = Doctor Aiden's Level 30 Limit Burst: Optimal Treatment
    Curaja = Curaja
    SPR 2257 | MAG 266

STER: 4,465.3
    STER+: 10,240.8
    ANTI: 11,240.8
    ANTI+: 17,016.3
    Curaja: 23,291.8
    LB: 33,377.5 Total | 8344.375/turn
    SPR 2369 | MAG 643

STER: 4,746.4
    STER+: 10,990.4
    ANTI: 11,990.4
    ANTI+: 18,234.4
    Curaja: 24,978.4
    LB: 35,720 Total | 8930/turn
    SPR 2453 | MAG 266

STER: 4,759.3
    STER+: 11,024.8
    ANTI: 12,024.8
    ANTI+: 18,290.3
    Curaja: 25,055.8
    LB: 35,827.5 Total | 8956.875/turn

PERSONAL COMMENT
    With normal gear build, Stats Pot, and 130% SPR buff, Doctor Aiden reach 2257 SPR.

His best non-cooldown/magnus ability for healing is Operate - Antibodies Boost which heals for about 11K HP (17K HP with 5x mod boost).

His LB HP regen effect heals for about 8K per turn.

A single cast of ANTI and HP regen effect from LB gives about 19K HP heal which should be enough in normal circumstance... and for ANTI+ and HP regen gives about 25K HP heal...

If you need 100% healing, you can cast Operate - An Apple a Day a 5 turn CD ability, which is also boost healing mod for STER and ANTI by 5x for 3 turns...

If you need another healing, Aiden can Triple Cast White Magic, a single cast of Curaja heals for about 23K...

And he got a Magnus ability Operate - Black Salve, 10K HP Barrier and 100% HP heal on single target...

PERSONAL CONCLUSION
    Doctor Aiden's healing is good

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    Keler, Jrfoto, Seven and 2 others like this.
  2. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Not like he's number 1 in Meme's list or anything.

3. The Flash

The Flash Well-Known Member

He’s definately the cream of the crop along with Myra, no other healers come close

4. iBuko

iBuko “Common sense is not that common” VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    XWQL, Karten, A. Fry, Regina, O. Zyrus
    LOL

you Made my laugh. In a good way.
    It was clear from what you wrote that his healing skills were good.

Keler likes this.
  5. Haou

Haou Ascended Member

Leads:
    https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings
    As of current Wiki Rating/Ranking:
    (I know some people doesn't like Wiki Rating/Ranking as it can't be the best represents of all kind of player)
    21.0 WoL Lenna
    20.5 Folka
    20.5 Myra
    20.0 Aerith
    20.0 Doctor Aiden
    19.5 LM Fina
    19.5 Serena

6. Kuroh Kaze

Kuroh Kaze Sinners of the system VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena
    You are funny cali

Arekusu and Sagranth like this.
  7. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    WLD Fina, Foo, Myra, Aerith, Kry
    The fact that they ranked WoL Lenna higher than Dr. Aiden is ridiculous and really need to reevaluate their own reviewing skills, especially for the reasonings they gave him on that ranking:

The second part is just wrong. Just straight-up wrong.

1. His ONLY healing ability that is low is Operate-Antibodies Boost, but it gets a 5x mod boost from Operate- An Apple a Day.
    2. He counter heals for 10%, which means he will heal to the max anyway the next turn.
    3. He can triple heal, so he can just Curaja + 2 Reraise.
    4. Why the heck he needs external support when he has a red cd for 2 uses where he can fully restore HP and MP to the max on top of a 10k barrier? The tank is going to survive.

WIth no 5* TMRS, he heals with Operate-Antibodies is around 8800 without Operate-An Apple a Day. With the skill has him healing at 14,075.7. How the heck is his healing low?

upload_2020-1-8_8-12-29.png

8. Skye

Skye "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yun, Regina, MWTerra, Rab
    Lenna is - and has always been - highly hyped. I generally avoid using her because there is usually a better option for me.

I agree Aiden is probably the best overall. I don't have him though, so my experience is limited to using him as a friend unit.

I use Myra or Aerith whenever I use a healer. I have Folka, Lenna and Fina at 7* but don't really like any of them. If I had Aiden I'd probably use him more, and Aerith less, those barriers are awesome.

SummonerBWM likes this.
  9. Road Ants

Road Ants Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz Wilhelm Fid Charlotte Lena
    Ridiculous that they would put WOLenna 2 steps higher. Aiden heals stats breaks and gives immunity to breaks in the same single ability. Same with status ailments. WOLenna is even, at best, and that’s being generous.

Maybe Myra might be slightly higher because her limit burst heals EVERYTHING. Maybe...

SummonerBWM and Skye like this.
  10. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Wiki unit rankings are trash, and have been for a while. Did you know they put Akstar above Esther because "Akstar can chain with Physalis"?

11. The Flash

The Flash Well-Known Member

Pretty much, Lenna is a has been/never was with global Myra and she’s not even in the same league as Aiden

12. Kuroh Kaze

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena
    I'm sure you will say the opposite if she a glex unit cali

Arekusu, Barroth and Sagranth like this.
  13. daima

daima Ascended Member

I dont own myra or 7* aiden but with lenna i almost always never use triple white magic, and so curaja.

Her princess dévotion which is slightly better than antibodies boost is often more than enough for healing purpose, except some hard tresholds for tanks. With his 5x buff he can do better than her and with his counters/regen/barrier, i think his heal gonna be plenty enough.

Why i use this skill and not white magic with lenna ? Lb stone for everybody and besides curaja, white magic is not that enticing on Lenna. Her skills are far better. Like her entrust, that's what i miss in aiden kit. I like Aiden bulkiness and his aoe imperil/imbue in dark but he's still missing some non fixed form of mp recovery and some lb help for the team.

Kuroh Kaze likes this.
  14. Kuroh Kaze

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena
    Same.Her skills already doing so much i rarely use white magic except reraise and dispelga.I also using other healer but her kit combo just too good for me.

15. Haou

Haou Ascended Member

Leads:
    Hey, hey, hey...
    Want to talk about best healer?

This unit is the best healer:
    [​IMG]

CG Kalmia is the best Healer.

You should know even at the first glance, she got the most important thing that a healer ever needs ::kefka::

iBuko likes this.
  16. iBuko

iBuko “Common sense is not that common” VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    XWQL, Karten, A. Fry, Regina, O. Zyrus
    A big heart? :)
    She can cure zombie. If I am not wrong.
    With her "heart" she can make even the zombie, alive.

Kuroh Kaze likes this.
  17. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Huh? What are you talking about? Dr. Aiden has 2 forms of restoring MP: One which restores 20 MP more than WoL Lenna on top of an SPR buff and another for countering attacks by restoring 10% of each unit's MP. WoL Lenna only have 1 form of restoring MP and if anything, Dr. Aiden beats her in MP recovery. 1-4 LB increase? Ok? And? What is that going to do to help my team survive? A 130% SPR to the team means better survival against magic attacks. With his 130% on-demand SPR buff, his heal from his Operate-Antibodies based on my build jumps to almost 11k. AoE LB boost to the team is great! I love it too! However, we have SSC, Kryla, Myra, LM Fina, Lunafreya, Atrocious Locke, Aerith, Summer Fid, Sylvie, Yuraisha, and MS Nichol, LB AoE help is already there. I personally believe that a healer with permanent on-demand barriers is stronger than someone who has Entrust who can't even dual cast it as opposed to Myra. The boy has two ways of AoE reviving while WoL Lenna only has one through an LB. How the heck is she a better healer than someone who can AoE revive and auto-revive automatically the next turn and can AoE revive and revive automatically the next turn?! A Spoonful of Sugar TRULY DOES make the medicine go down!!

Dr. Aiden even has his own AoE LB fill rate in one of his cd. Dr. Aiden is not really miss anything. I would rather for him not to have Entrust at all than to have an Entrust that can't be dualcast like Myra. That is what I like about Myra. She is not wasting a turn aiming to build someone else's LB gauge when she also has to focus on something else. WoL Lenna is unable to do that.

18. daima

daima Ascended Member

I didnt compare Lenna to Aiden on my last sentence. I just stated what was missing from his kit. So your grain of salt can go wherever it wants.

And read again Pure Healing from Lenna, it's certainly one of her best skills especially cause you often get a free turn after you use the resistance from break and status ailment.

19. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    @daima But Dr. Aiden is not missing any form of MP recovery from what you were implying. Also, you stated Princess' Devotion and not Pure Waters.

20. Sagranth

Sagranth "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz,Galuf,Cecil
    Princess's Inspiration:
    Recover MP (40) to all allies
    Increase LB gauge (1-4) to all allies

Mystical Telluric Waters:
    Increase resistance to ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR break, stop, and charm (100%) for 5 turns to all allies

Auto-cast next turn:
    Recover MP (60) to all allies

Pure Healing:
    [6 turns cooldown, available on turn 1]
    Increase LB gauge (7-10) to all allies
    Increase LB gauge fill rate (200%) for 3 turns to all allies
    Heal (6000 HP, 16x) split over 3 turns to all allies
    Refresh (180 MP, 0.3x) split over 3 turns to all allies

I dunno,ask Sieghard's/Charlotte's/Galuf's/her own LB.

Great,130% spr buffs,i wonder where can i find something similar...

Knight's Command:
    Increase DEF/SPR (110%) for 4 turns to all allies
    Mitigate magic damage taken (30%) for 4 turns to all allies.

On someone who almost always gets in the team.
    There's also Kryla(200% spr),a plethora of buffers and soon TM enhanced Elephim(200% def+spr).

Oh great,still less than what Lenna can heal at the start of the next turn(due to Heavenly Healing Waters),freeing up actions.

Oh,so Folka?

Because it sure isnt aiden who has that:
    [5 turns cooldown, available on turn 1]
    [8 turns cooldown, available on turn 1]
    [10 turns cooldown, available on turn 1]
    [2 uses per battle]

And counters are pretty unreliable(since fixed damage or fully resisted attacks can't proc counters,and most of the time that is what will hit your party). Not to mention they are worth 1000,half of what Folka can pump out on demand.

And,unlike myra,Lenna can have free turns due to her delayed heal,which,as a cherry on top comes on resist buffs.
    So not being able to w-cast means nothing when you don't have to heal anyways - she can also use her big aoe entrust cd,something myra lacks completely. And,entrusting with Lenna is pretty stupid,seeing how she has a good LB,and a nice safety net,something that's worth having ready all the time.

And? Is it a holy grail or something? Chances are,if multiple units died,you either wipe and restart,or you want them rebuffed with mitigations and status/break resist,resistances,not cast reraise on them so they just die again,or get statused or status broken(and 30% RR can mean they just die again if the killing move is multi-hit).

Lenna doesn't need to w-cast it,as,again,delayed heals can free up turns,and a turn where you don't have to heal anyways might as well be used to entrust.

Kuroh Kaze likes this.