1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Not impressed so far.

Discussion in 'War of the Visions' started by Jasper, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Jasper

Jasper Lilith is love. Lilith is life. VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    I went in with an open mind and fairly low expectations and just... wow.

This game is so unfathomably convoluted, I think I’m gonna give it a hard pass.

Summon units, vision cards, possibly equipment? I got an Excalibur from somewhere but I have no idea where. Level and enhance and awaken literally EVERYTHING. Just... no thanks.

I also get the feeling that after a few weeks of free play there’s going to be a huge wall that you just won’t be able to get past without dropping stupid amounts of money or months of grinding.

I’ll at least give them credit for trying to put some depth to the battle system. I like that you can chain/elemental chain, but I’m not a fan of the ap/tp system. It’s just another unnecessary barrier to add artificial difficulty.

If you fine folks are enjoying it, more power to ya! I just don’t think it’s for me.

2. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    WLD Fina, Foo, Myra, Aerith, Kry
    Excalibur I believe is form the beginner's quests.

You're NOT supposed to enhance and awaken EVERYTHING. That's the problem. There's some units with job classes that straight up sucks for them and there are some visions and equipment you are good to just ignore. If you attempt to aim for everything, you will end up being overwhelmed. Summon units are main priority followed by vision cards.

That's actually not true. From what I've heard and from Youtube, the difficulty starts to hit around month 4 or month 5 and challenge players to be more strategic with their team setups. F2P was still doing fine over on the JP aspect of things. To be honest, this game is more generous in helping players leveling up units compared to BE. I can send my units out on expeditions and leave them in barracks and still can use them in quests, so they level up faster all the same. I understand the game is not for you though.

3. DestroyingTheColorRed

DestroyingTheColorRed New Member

Thats what I said on another post, that it felt disorganized. It's like starting in the middle of a game with everything unlocked, but you only have a limited amount of moves due to NRG, and you don't know whats the best move. Put now to have all this stuff to manage, feels a bit like work too.

I also said this
    "I play games to escape reality, but this one feels like it has inserted reality into the game. The way I see it, it's a gacha game made by software developers for people who make software developer salaries, 70k+. lol"

Me: (clicks on object) Oh, it's paid lapis only.
    Gumi (in my mind, in Ken Jeong's voice): Your poor!!!
    [​IMG]

Me: Okay I'll just try something else, o this is paid lapis too.

Gumi (in my mind, in Ken Jeong's voice): Your poor!!!
    [​IMG]

Me: Damnit Gumi. I know. I know.

Honestly, to each their own, it's not for me either. In my opinion, line between P2P and F2P is too in my face. Best of luck and fun to all who decide to stick around.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  4. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    That really doesn't make any sense. Most of the stuff is locked and you unlock them as you go higher in the ranking. It was done so playes DO NOT get overwhelmed and once they get to a certain rank, they unlock something and go through a tutorial with it explaining how to do it.

Even so, no one is forced to buy paid Visiorres. It is just there when anyone really wants to contribute to the game and wants something specific. It's not mandatory or necessary to do it.

5. DestroyingTheColorRed

DestroyingTheColorRed New Member

Yeah, but it's unlocked very fast, so it felt as if there was no lock to begin with. For example, I unlocked one thing which had like 10-14 things to do, and each of those branched again into 3 more missions, and before I could finish or get a good grasp on what I unlocked or all the items I received and what they do. I had already leveled up and unlocked something else that had a dozen other things for me to do. This kept happening. Hence why I said it felt disorganized and kind of overwhelming. And as things were completed all these red notification marks started going off all the time, which distracts from all the dozens of things that were just unlocked. Not to mention there are 5+shops, some use currency which I hadn't unlocked yet I think. As soon as I decided to focus on the story or something, something unlocks and I get kind of push into a tutorial, get distracted by notifications. Rinse. Repeat.

6. illy

illy no more udon VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    i recall the alchemist code was alot slower in progression

they are really throwing everything at you on day 1 in wotv, which i dont mind, but i can see alot of players being confused

7. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    You talking about the beginner's quest? Because that's the one with all of the tutorials to guide you how to do the battles and other stuff and I believe it slowly gives you rank points in there. You still had to rank up like being Rank 10 to be in a guild and rank 11 or 12 I believe to do Arena fights.

It's not disorganized. You're overwhelmed due to the fact you're not used to being rewarded so much on Day 1 to help prepare you on top of the fact that with all of us starting off with strong units, it is easy to breeze through the story of Chpt 1. If you were confused while going through the tutorials, you can always go back and read through it. It's a completely different story if all you did is click the button just so you can fly through. All of that calms down after Rank 8.

All of the shops are available once you reach the rank to unlock the shop.

8. KWFFBE

KWFFBE Coffee Monster VIP

Leads:
    Sophia, Elena, 2B, Ultima
    I kinda love the complexity, but I like the challenge of learning new systems... Thing is ever since World of Warcraft simplezed bloody everything, War of the Visions is a refreshing change... There are too many cookie cutter one dimensional games out there that even a zombie could play never mind a bloody monkey!

However my biggest beef with WoV is the battery usage on the phone.. I've not figured out what it is, since Ive been watching it like a hawk but it seems very inconsistent in usage sometimes over the top, but at other times acceptable..

Considering the Gacha system, I went in knowing it was another money grab, I flat out refuse to spend anything on it, if it ever comes a time I feel like I must spend on the game, I'm deleting it off my phone!

SummonerBWM likes this.
  9. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    @KWFFBE I'll be honest. I am most likely going to be on this game a lot more than I do on BE. Whole style suits me and ever since I got Mediena and my best friends are also playing this, this actually answers many of what I want to actually do in a game. I also love the chats and interactions as well.

10. KWFFBE

KWFFBE Coffee Monster VIP

Leads:
    Sophia, Elena, 2B, Ultima

The social side of the game is a definate plus, and certainly something I've been asking for in FFBE for a while now... however considering the mechanics of both games, it works better in WoV than FFBE... There would need to be a major overhaul of FFBE to come close to the level of social interaction that can be done in WoV...

Only done one multi quest, that was interesting, but I'm wary of what Cabbage said about when he took a tank into multi quests on JP that he always got booted..

SummonerBWM likes this.
  11. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    ._. Wait. Wut? Why? Hopefully they don't do the same here.

12. Onejah

Onejah That's what she said~ VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG Lightning
    You are King Arthur ! ::ink::

13. illy

illy no more udon VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    the discord admin w0lf said the same thing in jp
    found it hard to get into multiplayer as he didn't have mediena

i remember that happening for a while in tac, when people wanted to run fast multiplayer to farm for mats
    they just wanted the most meta for the map, which was never a tank