1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Not much of a Guide for Hasiko's Revenge

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Macphistofly, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Macphistofly

Macphistofly Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    More of a helpful template than a guide. I was struggling with this fight to even get past 2 turns until I found out the MP drain scales off of the units DEF instead of SPR. So i ended up gearing everyone with 50% dark resist and my MP batteries had at least 300 DEF.

Team:
    Wilhelm(6*) - 9.5k hp 761 def - wing edges, moogle plush, grand helm, demon mail, portal charm, arsha's, Motherly Love, seed of hope, white knight's soul, adventurer V

CG Nichol - 4700 hp 304def 557MP- bowie knife, dreamwaker, black mask, kirin's osode, merald's belt, rico's wingsuit, croft's intuition, devilish designs x 2, def = 20%

Rosa(Bless + 2) 4700hp 352def 293MP - bowie knife(high tide), angel wand, microchu cap, hyoh's clothes, great raven cape, concealing cloth, petrification resistance, adventurer v, cowered courage, def = 20%

Sephiroth 1028Atk - excalibur, masamune, loco casco, sephiroth's longcoat, augmentation Glasses, alexandrite ring, awesome swordsman, demon killer, melody of life, hero's vow - dark

Loren(full break + 2) just used for breaks mostly so just geared with 50% dark resist and a light weapon

Didn't get Wilhelm to 100% passive provoke but 80% seemed to work fine.

Basically used nichol to keepo a dark resist buff up and restore MP. Rosa used her limit and her bless to mana battery the group. Used Loren for her full break and then just Chained my sephiroth with a horribly setup Hyoh with 1600atk using an excaliber in a TDH setup....but at least it has petrify resist. Other than that just a slow plugging away at the boss. Only Wilhelm died once in the first 3 turns but i got him rezzed up and continued on. 3/4 quests done (used Limit Bursts cause i didn't care about more raid coins.)

Can pretty much substitute any other chainer (get a friend unit that chains with whoever you use) here and probably substitute Wilhelm with a Snow or Ozetta. CG Nichol not sure who you could sub with that's sub 5* since his MP refresh only costs 10MP and gives 40.

Hope someone might find this helpful as everyone else seems to be running Ace in their group and i haven't pulled him ever >_<.

If anyone knows a good Sub for CG Nichol I'm sure someone could use that as well.

2. Masvroh

Masvroh Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Onion Knight, Noctis
    E.Ling should work just fine, right?
    ::jake::

3. BenMal

BenMal Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    002 060 449
    Japan ID:
    170 889 060
    Leads:
    GL: Barbie/bonus JP: A2/bonus
    115/87
    If you have 7* Ramza, he can be pretty MVP for this fight if you can raise his defensive stats and MP high enough for him not to be completely drained of his MP by the preemptive: turn 1 dual break-> ATK/MAG (the MP drain becomes a joke after this, if you enhanced his breaks, of course) and turn 2 Hero's Rime+2 for the MP regen. Repeat this "pattern" as many times as needed to kill the Boss. ::rudecat11::

4. Raelf

Raelf Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    E. Trance Terra, E. Tidus, Hyoh
    This trial screws me up a lot. Thanks for the advice though! That DEF scale thing...

Goomie trying to bamboozle us day after day...

5. BenMal

Global ID:
    002 060 449
    Japan ID:
    170 889 060
    Leads:
    115/87
    Actually, her MP drain is an Hybrid ability but since she has higher ATK than MAG, upping your DEF has slightly better results but both DEF and SPR are important. What I mean is: don't dump your SPR in favor of DEF. ;)

6. Macphistofly

Global ID:
    Yeah cg Nichol with 300 def after just defending on turn 1 had enough MP to start the mana regen flow on turn 2 which allowed me to break with Loren and Bless on Rosa but you get the idea. Rosa only had about 290 MP at Max and never got fully drained the rest of the fight.

Of course if you really have a hard time, there's a few members like Syuri that has 7* Malphasie geared up for the fight that you can go over to her thread and request a friend for.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  7. Madness goodguy

Madness goodguy Well-Known Member

Is their any way to remove the berserk status she puts on the team? Got her down to 30% and she put it on 3 of my party members which was pretty lame...this fight isn’t even fun right now.

8. BenMal

Global ID:
    002 060 449
    Japan ID:
    170 889 060
    Leads:
    115/87
    Only way to remove it is by dispeling it.

DC Dispelga trick and Bushido are your friends. Dunno if you can target your own units with Fingersnap or Nichol's Dispel Kick (forgot its exact name).

9. Cygnes

Cygnes Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    FD Tidus/e.Yun/Event
    Targetting your party with Fingersnap / Sharp Kick / Bushido is infintely easier and less risky than the DC dispelga trick

10. BenMal

Global ID:
    002 060 449
    Japan ID:
    170 889 060
    Leads:
    115/87
    True, the DC Dispelga trick takes some time getting used to. Bushido is way easier to use and I just wasn't sure whether or not Fingersnap and other ST Dispel abilities were usable on our own units.

11. Macphistofly

Global ID:
    as long as she berserks the tank it should be fine. Bring a tank with inate provoke (Ozetta, Wilhelm, Snow) and throw a moogle plushie on em. gives them 80% passive provoke. Then when they aren't Berserk you can use their taunt. I didn't have any issue with anyone else getting berserked.

12. zairois73

zairois73 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    managed to beat him at second try using:
    - small mustach (6*), with yellow balloon and moogle plushie, golem equipped, -> the berserk bait
    - A. Rain: MVP here as magic cover + ailment resistance + HP/MP recovery
    - CG Nichol: buff + MP regen + dark resistance
    - LM Fina: re-raise only, needed twice at the end the fight (<30%), in this order: Wilhem/herself/CG Nichol
    - two Orlandeau: ATK/MAG break, DR chaining

first try was a fail due to the lack of re-raise on willy (happened to me at 5% left...).
    Long and steady method but safe (around 45 turns)