1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Nunki (Chamber of Arms #9)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Sinzar, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Sinzar

Sinzar Member

Hey guys, I figured I'd cross-post this mini-guide to this forum as well to give some tips for the latest 10man battle (formatting may be off...):

My video guide for this trial using the example budget team described below can be viewed here:

Nunki is a human + dragon race with 10,000,000 HP.
    All breaks work, and her elemental resistances change frequently during the fight, but Holy and Dark will always be neutral or better.

I used 7* Emperor to speed up the fight, but the rest of the team was 4* base or below units, with only free equipment used (except one copy of Emperor's own TMR). I also used a limited 4* unit (9S), but his banner is currently being re-run so I figured it was alright. The exact team lineup was:

• Veritas of the Earth | --- | Any physical cover tank
    • Deuce | --- | Any healer with mana regen
    • Timothy | Some auto-limit | Any breaker
    • Emperor | --- | Any DPS with safe elements
    • 9S | Source of Dispel | Anyone who breaks on turn 1
    • Chloe | --- | Any resist buffer (or a magic cover tank)

Status effects you will have to deal with: AoE Paralyze, Poison, and ST Stop. Some resistance to water, fire, earth, and wind will be useful for the early phases. If preferred, you can use magic cover tank instead of physical cover. Either works fine.

Nunki has plenty of HP locked thresholds: 90, 80, 70, 60, 50, and 30%. Unlike most bosses, Nunki will just carry out her turn as normal without any special threshold attacks (other than locking her HP until she's taken her turn). The attacks and resistances of Nunki depend on her current HP, so here's an overview:

• HP % | Resistance | Element of magic:
    • 100-90% | +300 water, -1000 lightning | Water magic
    • 89-80% | +300 fire, -1000 ice | Fire magic
    • 79-70% | +300 earth, -1000 wind | Earth magic
    • 69-60% | +300 wind, -1000 earth | Wind magic
    • 59-50% | -1000 ice/lightning/wind/earth | Non-elem magic
    • 49-0% | +50% magical mitigation, +300 ice/lightning/wind/earth, -1000 fire/water/holy/dark | Non-elem magic

Resistances that are not listed are neutral in that phase.

While above 50% health Nunki will be also be using AoE non-elemental physical attacks every round in addition to ST and AoE magic. After 50% the physical attacks are all single target, but Nunki continues to use AoE and ST magic.

Additional attacks of note:

* During the 59-50% phase Nunki will use ST stop, and will also end her turn with a self buff that needs to be dispelled (don't forget to re-apply breaks after).
    * At 30% and below, Nunki will use a 199% ST gravity attack every round, so your tank needs to be guarding with mitigation active to survive.
    * At 30% and below Nunki will also use a ST magical attack (Soul Drain) every third turn starting from the ambush (so round 2, 5, 8, etc) that deals massive damage and heals her, so try to time it so you push the final threshold on a round where Soul Drain will not be cast, and finish the fight before she gets a chance to use it.
    * Nunki will use a physical blink skill at 30% and below, but it only has 1 charge. If your tank did not remove it from a counter-attack, be sure to remove it before attacking with physical dps in the last phase.

As for strategy, you want to keep the proper elemental resist active for the first 40%, and remember that when you push Nunki to a new threshold, she's going to start her turn in the new phase, so plan for that. Avoid Soul Drain in the final phase, and tag her with a limit burst on the killing blow. That's it!

Hope this has helped! Nunki is the last of the "easy" 10 man bosses. They get a bit harder starting with Dabih next month, but I'm still going to be trying them as budget as possible!

2. Ashlag

Ashlag Bring Xon in the vault for 200k additional gils. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    @Carnefix, link for your news (just Like @Syuri's btw).

And thanks for the guide.

Syuri, MikePro and Carnefix like this.
  3. Carnefix

Carnefix Newsl0rd Staff Member Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, Tidus
    Thanks for sharing it with us. ::toad::
    I will read it after I cleared it through. Don't want any spoilers since it would ruin the fight. :)

To you mind if I also link this guide in my news threads?

It is already in the news thread ;)

Galuf the Dwarf, Syuri and MikePro like this.
  4. Sinzar

Sinzar Member

Not at all, go for it! :)

Galuf the Dwarf and Carnefix like this.
  5. MikePro

MikePro Spooky Spooky

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Christine Barbie
    Pro
    Thanks for the guide man you are the best!

6. Scoustar

Scoustar VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus/Trance Terra/Whomever you need
    140ish
    With EL01 less active recently I came across @Sinzar's vids on YT. I can only recommend them ::up::

Although for using a limited unit he should be kicked in the shins ::haha::

MikePro likes this.
  7. Sinzar

Sinzar Member

Indeed! Normally I avoid limited units when possible, but I figured with Nier coming back at the same time as this trial, why not dust off 9S for this encounter. For a 4* base, he's quite strong with good breaks and his mitigation shield :)

That said, he's very replaceable !

Ferax, Masvroh, MikePro and 2 others like this.
  8. volcom

volcom Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    1000 atk/mag balthier,BS.sakura/OK
  9. Vatenkeist

Vatenkeist VIP VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Flavor of the last Year
    hopefully some enhancements are on the way. XD

MikePro likes this.
  10. pdark

pdark "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    605 048 728
    Leads:
    Fryevia, Event Units
    Welcome to the forum sinzar! I appreciate your guides very much n it’s nice to have you popping by. Looking forward to your future conquers!

MikePro likes this.
  11. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Sieghard ✓ Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Kurasame | JP: Akstar
    Thanks for posting here, too! :) Maybe the guides section will get more attention and love that way, too!

Nunki was easy and even when I went in blind with almost no clue about what I will be facing I OBAMA'd it in 9 turns. Speaks for itself, this trial is really easy.

MikePro likes this.
  12. Barroth

Barroth Excessivlipoor VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Take your pick
    Thanks - I often read your clears on reddit. Nice of you to join the dark side ::ink::

Redtide and MikePro like this.
  13. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! VIP Supporter

Hey man, I just wanted to say that I’ve been using your guides/videos for a long time to help form strategies for trials and I really appreciate all you do. I could not for the life of me wrap my head around the Antonella Reborn mechanics without your guide. Keep up the great work! And welcome to the forum, this is a really great place with lots of nice folks and I hope you visit us again from time to time. ::up:: :)

Barroth and MikePro like this.
  14. Magoya

Magoya The Leading Mustache VIP Supporter Spanish Moderator

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, Trance Terra
    Thanks and welcome @Sinzar! I often watch your videos to clear trials. They're really helpful.

15. b3l14l

b3l14l Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Following Master @Sinzar on YT already and I get all excited when I have email saying "Sinzar has uploaded a video!" :D. Awesome guide for we who are strategically lacking. Glad to see u here tho...welcome! ::up::

I cringe everytime I see someone say this. Usually means I'll struggle with it lol

Eynskaet likes this.
  16. Sinzar

Sinzar Member

Hah, much love to you all !

<3

17. Kaladin

Kaladin Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT
    @Sinzar you're my hero lol. Thanks again for a great guide!

18. Fencat

Fencat "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, TT
    Welcome @Sinzar and thank you for the guide!

19. TuanMuda

TuanMuda Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DFina/Tidus/DL
    Even meetmeonmars said:

"If you wannna see a budget clear, go look for Sinzar's video!"

Sums up how great you're at planning for each boss :D

20. Arekusu

Arekusu "Hall of Fame" Member

It feels like the 10 mans didn’t keep up with the 7* power creep. Our chars are getting stronger and stronger and the trials don’t seem to be