1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

NV Terra's BiS?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Bubu, Dec 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Bubu

Bubu Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Circe 3031Mag, Esther 3005Atk
    Hello fellow ffbe players, i hope you all are safe and surving this pandemic (economic) crisis. After being a login hermit for a few months i finally got my will to play (grind) again. Luckily this came with me getting a copy of NV Terra (yay!). She will be +1 in a few days and I'm excited to wipe the current contents with her :D

To prepare for the joyful return, now I'm wondering what's her Best in Slot equipments and materias. I find the evo mag and evoke dmg stats confusing :( which one to prioritise? I know that killers don't affect her dmg much, so more materias for evo stats.

Your opinion and knowledge will be greatly appreciated. Thanks before :)

SummonerBWM, Cylian and LurkerRamza like this.
  2. Obstkeks

Obstkeks "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Louise|Elric Brothers|NV Terra|Bonus
    Well, it somewhow depends if you have Relm for her 35% rod imperil. In this case, Terra wants to have two copies of Delta Star Sakura's STMR (or one copy and any high MAG rod). Without the imperil, a combo of her own STMR and Delta Star Sakura's STMR or two copies of her own STMR work best. Other than that:

Headpiece: Pure Summoner Rydia's STMR, or any high MAG hat
    Body: any high MAG robe
    Accessory: Ravenheart, high MAG accessory
    Materias: Lunafreya's STMR, Yunalesca's STMR, NV Sora's STMR - replacements are Gentiana's STMR, Celestia's TMR, Kyano's TMR, Squall's STMR.

Try to balance between LB damage, EVO MAG and EVO DAMAGE. 150% EVO MAG and 150% EVO DAMAGE for example is better than 300% EVO MAG and 0% EVO DAMAGE (or vice versa).

bonerici, M!to, LurkerRamza and 2 others like this.
  3. DarkStarSquall

DarkStarSquall "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Probably NV
    >189
    First i thought i can almost build BS Terra BiS. (only missing yunalesca)
    But what about killers? Did some research and found out that her damage is not affected by killers. Is that right?

4. GoodBoorger

GoodBoorger "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

There is no need to do any research, since day one we know that evoke damage is not affected by killers.

Bubu and Ffber like this.
  5. DarkStarSquall

DarkStarSquall "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Probably NV
    >189
    by research i mean google.
    I didn´t know. First unit with evoke damage i use.

6. Ashlag

Ashlag Avoid political talk here, it's a landmine Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    19x
    That's why the gap on most sheets (still maintained) is that huge.

DarkStarSquall likes this.
  7. Unpossible_1

Unpossible_1 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Eldryn, NV Terra, Sora, Ibara, Aerith
    Bubu and Phinny like this.
  8. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    I was wondering about this 2. So i made 2 builds in the ffbe-equip. Not having read anything Unpossible yet, because i didn't reddit yet.

In a visual way not considering item world 2 builds, one with rod imperil and one without:
    Terra -Neo Vision- BS (1).png Terra -Neo Vision- BS.png

Both include 250% lb damage and 300% MAG buff, so read the stats as such. (she is not that stronque) (Actually i just noticed the builder images now include those buff numbers, pretty cool)

Bunch of STMRs are on both builds, so i guess those can be considered BIS... right now. (Who knows about next week)

I was thinking to go EX+2 with 2 of her STMR, but considering Rod imperils are a thing now, i'm not sure anymore.

Bubu likes this.
  9. kurizu

kurizu 友達の為に私は戦う VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Sora | JP NV Noctis
    First is not BiS, second is BiS without Relm, with Relm you use 1 Black Roselia and 1 Terra's Sword+

Bubu, Sagranth and RaagisEd like this.
  10. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    Would this be considered good?
    That is what the builder recommends for my equipment
    But you never know and I have never used evoke dmgers too much
    Terra -Neo Vision- BS.png

11. RaagisEd

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Not that i disagree, but this is what ffbe equip gave me. Care to expand on the why one is bis but the other isn't? What does the sword add? (Because her TMR/STMR ability is rather useless damage-wise. Is ffbe-equip's damage calculations "wrong" on the rod imperil? Or is this item world related?)

12. Sagranth

Sagranth "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Madam,Event,Cecil,Galuf etc
    50% evoke damage. Which is worth more than the 17.5% imperil lost,but two adds less than 35% damage because of diminishing returns.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    Backosteel, Shr and RaagisEd like this.
  13. RaagisEd

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    ::nerd:: yeah i got that part. But it halves the rod imperil. (Doesn't it?)

(Actually that might be my question, is the rod imperil halved if you dualwield and have 1 rod and 1 non-rod weapon. And also does ffbe-equip got that wrong in the damage calculations, or am i wrong... i think i pinned bahamut and maybe guardian of light but nothing else)

Edit: Also i'm now reading up on the reddit... as in i have reddit? anyway, getting 2 of her STMR seems a good choice still (No clear why thought yet)

Edit2: Another update, if anyone cares: https://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#d5fe2320-3cc8-11eb-9190-b33bcb956cf7 i just did this, pinned 1 black rosarodthingie, terra's card, cursed doll and the max MAG robe, building is pretty fast, try it yourself. (Am i doing it wrong?)

14. Sagranth

Global ID:
    Leads:

Edited my reply to explain it a little bit.

Shr and RaagisEd like this.
  15. RaagisEd

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Thanks for that. :)

And i get it, but i am still in ffbe-equip and it gives me a different outcome. If i do the multipliers manual it is in favour of the stmr+rod but on the builder it gives the dual rod a slight advantage. (76.641.933.942 vs 75.294.586.354 )

I am probably still doing it wrong. It is also late on my timezone. So i will look at this tomorrow with fresh eyes and brains.

16. kurizu

kurizu 友達の為に私は戦う VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Sora | JP NV Noctis
    Ok, actually JP was using Musical Moogle and Sora for LB, thus having higher LB damage and thats why Rod+Sword had a higher value than dual rods, but from what I see on calc, dual Rod seems slightly ahead of damage.

RaagisEd and Shr like this.
  17. Toast

Toast Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Ok, I need someone to "explain" this diminishing return thing to me.

[​IMG]

This is evoke damage.

"multipliers" are chain bonus ( 4x or 6x ), elemental resist/weakness and evoke damage boost.
    How would evoke damage have diminishing returns? Short of over capping on it, its just a straight multiplier ( base 100% + 300% at max, so 4x damage )

Iv'e been trying to read on this and no answer, here I iz.

EDIT : actually, based on the imperil thing... imperil is a straight multiplier too.
    3x4x5 = 5x3x4 ( doesn't matter which stat you boost as long as you don't go over the cap right? Or my logic dictates yes. )

Bubu likes this.
  18. Sagranth

Global ID:
    Leads:
    It's simple,every additional multiplier(killers/EVO mag,evoke damage,lb damage) is a subject to it - the more you have of a multiplier,the more it loses its value if you solely focus on raising only one multiplier.

Terra's lb is a 80x base mod.

If you increase it by 100%(let's say by lb damage boost),you get a 160x mod.

Now,if you add another 100% from the very same multiplier,you get a 240x mod,which is 50% less of an increase to the total than the first 100% was,since the multiplier applies to the base and not to the whole.

Hence at one point,adding that 50% evoke damage from the second Terra stmr yields a smaller increase in total damage than the halved rod imperil and the lb damage on Sakura's stmr.
    But removing both Terra stmrs and using 2x Sakura rods is a drop in damage despite the setup taking full advantage of the rod imperil in that case.

However,since global can't stack Sora's stmr and has nothing equal to Musical Moogle's stmr,the double Sakura stmr setup pulls ahead slightly.

Since math is not my forte,and english is not my native language,my explanation is probably lacking.

Tagging @Arnatuile the math wizard in hopes he can explain it better::cactuar::.

M!to and Bubu like this.
  19. Toast

Toast Ascended Member

Global ID:
    See, I get where you're going with this.

But at the end of the day ( using your example ) you have 200%lb damage.. so you tripled your damage. ( 80 ---> 240 ).

if you add 100% evoke damage to that... wouldn't it be 4x damage? ( so 80 ---> 320 )?

And you would want to optimize your damage, by increasing LB damage/evo mag/evoke damage as high as you can without any of them hitting 301%

This isnt a particularly pressing issue, just trying to figure out the "why" ( considering I lucked out and Im like... 1 materia from BiS ( without relm, dont wanna assume everyone who grabs my terra will use her with a relm sooo yeah D: )

Bubu likes this.
  20. Bubu

Bubu Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Circe 3031Mag, Esther 3005Atk
    Uwaaah, thank you very much for the detailed explanation! :D I do in fact have Relm at 7* but i already stmr moogled NV Terra hahaha so i guess I'll be going for the rod+sword build (which i should put rod in the 1st weapon for the rod imperil to work, right?)

I still have 3 more stmr moogle and Delta sakura's stmr is looking really good right now. But i still think using one on her wouldn't be beneficial. Should i just wait for another terra for her 2nd stmr?

And i missed NV Sora :( bye2 75% LB materia hahaha and is uoc-ing lunafreya and yunalesca worth the dmg boost? I still have 46 uocs.
    After reading this, does that mean rod+sword is the best overall combo for NV Terra?

Thank you too for the detailed explanation on evo dmg! Much much appreciated