1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Omega “Guide”

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Arekusu, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Arekusu

Arekusu "Hall of Fame" Member

::ink::::ink::::ink::::ink::

1). Cedona with 80% evade (she has 20 innate), Phoenix Esper, 50% Fire resist via equip, genji shield, some source of mp recovery. Don’t neeeed the MP recovery but she’ll run out without it and you need to sacrifice a damage turn to elixir her.

2). A strong friend Olive with lots of machine killer. used a friend with max killer and 2180atk. Really really helps if she has Raven Cape on

3). Bonus points if you have your own Olive as well. If you do, give Cedona Dualcast for dual revive and give your own Olive Raven Cape so she’s never targeted.

4). Turns 0, 7, 10, 15, 21, 27 are safe. Once you get to 30, start the turn counter over again (turn 30 = turn 0)

5). This will PASSIVELY kill him due to Death From Above. It even spark chains with double Olive. IB + Olive LB are icing on the cake.

6). Equip a non elemental or thunder weap on Cedona and she’ll load up LB gauge and esper gauge for missions

I had 2 Olives and I OBAMA’d it in 10 mins.

::ink::::ink::::ink::::ink::

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  2. matt_b

matt_b Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kurasame
    27 not turn 26. Other than that, worked perfectly! Thanks.

3. Arekusu

Edited, thanks

4. nox

nox Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zargashower,awakened rain,hyoh,bonus
    *has 2020 atk olive* whelp guess im obamaing this jerk on my lunch break thx :>

5. thesodox

thesodox Well-Known Member

you dont have to use this cedona evasion if you have WOL 100 evasion

if you have olive or friend with 2k atk, you can cap it even with the weakest chainer. i end it with 6 turn (my friend olive doesnt have 100% fire resist, so he died on pre emptive strike)

and the rest ofcourse is gearing your party with fire element

6. Zilch

Zilch Wolf of the Walltext xD Spooky Valkyrie Æsir Chocobro VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatever is needed
    Can someone explain exactly how this works?
    How do you get gain LB and Esper filling?

Sounds like Cedona + another chainer +2x Olive = win, but how do you kill him passively then?

Instruction unclear, head stuck in computer XD

7. Arekusu

Cedona has Wilhelm-like counters. She eats all the physical attacks (which miss cuz of evade) If she has a weapon that deals damage to him (non ele or thunder) she creates tons of lb crysts + orbs. There’s your missions done.

As for passively killing him, Olive’s “Mortar Beacon” resets each time she’s killed. She dies a lot, so you’re constantly doing damage. 2 Olive = sparked Mortar Beacon every few turns.

Zilch likes this.
  8. Zilch

Zilch Wolf of the Walltext xD Spooky Valkyrie Æsir Chocobro VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatever is needed
    Sounds cheezy funny :D

9. Arekusu

Super cheezy. I tested it out just out of curiosity. A very well known JP cheese, easy to fix on their end with simple coding, but they were indeed too lazy to fix it for Global.

Cedona *could* solo him but it would take you like 8,000 turns lol. Maybe with perfect gear half that.

Zilch likes this.
  10. Galahad

Galahad Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eAileen, eEmperor
    Do you have a strategy what we must do in every turn? cause I remember seeing images with every step I had to do. And why every time I see this strat, it always use 2 or 3 unit? TIA

11. anhnguyen

anhnguyen Well-Known Member

Two chain units worked fine as well. Though it takes longer to finish.
    I managed to do it with Raegen and Oldman.
    it can be speed up with extra units (buff/chain cap)
    How: AoE revive with Phoenix summon

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  12. PierreCroissant

PierreCroissant Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Old guy
    95?
    Does it have to be specifically cedona or can it be any evade tank with a counter?

13. Jimmy Li

Jimmy Li Ascended Member

Use 4 star Bart entrust trick, to give Olive LB every single turn so she could use her LB "death from above" to smash the boss within 10 round
    few key here:
    1) has to be a 4* Bart, as he will only need 12 crystals to fill up, (equip him with all the ignorance, Carbuncle's auto limit, Jake's pirate ring etc.)
    2) as usual, everyone here needs to have 100% fire resistance
    3) need a provoke tank, aoe tank and equip moogle plushie and Golem on Garnet to take one of the instant death since there is only 1 dps
    (I used WOL for aoe tank, Snow for provoke, Garnet for esper summon, Shylt for stats break immunity, Bart for entrust every single turn and grab a Olive from friend list)

There is a detail video on youtube for this strategy to show the step by step fight and works perfectly for me. I got OBAMA with the 1st attempt.

14. Pipolail

Pipolail Well-Known Member

Well Obama on 286 turns with Cedona... Wasn't too long but my 6* Olive hits like a Teddy Bear...

Fun strategy but I don't like to count the turns...

15. Brou

Brou Ascended Member

I did it with Cedona method : a Cedona, my "only 6* Olive" and a Olive friend.
    Equipment on Cedona if that can help : Kiyomori, Genji Shield, any helm, Thermal Suit (or other 50% fire resist), Ring of the Lucii, Twenty-sided Die, True Spirit of Freedom, Quick Assault, Dualcast, Auto-refresh (or any MP regen materia) and Phoenix esper. Dualcast to be able to dual Raise both Olive.
    135 turns... about 20 minutes. Could have been shorter with an Olive friend with Great Raven Cape equiped (but impossible to find one !)

16. b3l14l

b3l14l Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    OK, someone tell me what I'm doin' wrong. Cedona keeps getting killed by the move that looks like a flamethrower (missed what it was called).

http://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#0b27cdd0-a93c-11e8-bb2d-7b20e68e867a

I'm not even sure I'm doing this right, so lemme knows if I'm wrong (I usually am lol). Cedona just stands there until the "safe turns" (7, 10, etc...u know) where she raises the dead ones. Then on the turn after the "safe turn", the attackers attacks and then die. Right?

EDIT: Watched a video. I was doing it wrong.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  17. Brou

Brou Ascended Member

For Cedona :
    Rd 1: Backstep
    Rd 2 to 6 : Repeat
    Rd 7 : Raise or dual raise Olive
    Rd 8 : Backstep
    Rd 9 : Repeat
    Rd 10 : Raise or dual raise Olive
    Rd 11 : Backstep
    Rd 12 to 14 : Repeat
    Rd 15 : Raise or dual raise Olive
    Rd 16 : Backstep
    Rd 17 to 20 : Repeat
    Rd 21 : Raise or dual raise Olive
    Rd 22 : Backstep
    Rd 23 to 26 : Repeat
    Rd 27 : Raise or dual raise Olive
    Rd 28 : Backstep
    Rd 29 : Repeat
    Rd 30 : Raise or dual raise Olive
    Rd 31 = Rd 1
    She needs 100% Fire resist (without buff of course) and 100% physical evasion

About Olive : they will die the turn after they rez or the turn after for those who have Great Raven Cape

ZiiVii and Zilch like this.
  18. matt_b

matt_b Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kurasame
    The reason folks use Cedona is due to her hide ability. She can't tank every turn as Omega uses some abilities that evade wouldn't help with, namely Encircle, which removes a character from battle. The turns Cedona hides are turns where she would be KO'd.

19. b3l14l

b3l14l Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Yeah, after a quick YouTube search, 1.5hrs and 208 (?) turns I dropped the machine. I had to get my calculator out and actually write down all the safe turns. I suck at math lol