1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Omni prism

Discussion in 'General' started by Arlo, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Arlo

Arlo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Hey guy. What did u use/saving ur omni prism for?
    As a returning player im curious whats best use for it, cuz its a thing the game didn't have the last time i played the game

Nixilu likes this.
  2. The Tower XVI

The Tower XVI Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    A lot of ppl will say to save it for limited time units that are only available for a short while, which is a good way to go. I generally use them for that, or if I get a new unit that will significantly upgrade my team and roster.

3. TheWillAndTheWay

TheWillAndTheWay Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zenaida/Event/Support/WildcardAce
    Limited time units you want to 7* and use STMR moogle on.

That’s what I would use it for.

Scheich and Cylian like this.
  4. Arlo

Arlo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Guessing this is the first one that gumi gave free, every other locked behind a bundle

5. TheWillAndTheWay

TheWillAndTheWay Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zenaida/Event/Support/WildcardAce
    Yes that is correct.

6. Rakiu

Rakiu Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Yeah I was wondering where do you get more from.

7. ExHaseo

ExHaseo "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    I've got 3 saved. I've only ever used 1, and it was to get AC Cloud's STMR. Which has been incredibly useful. I say use it for whatever will help you the most, and that will help for a long time. Whether that be a unit or equipment.

Aeris and Nixilu like this.
  8. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sylvie,Zeno,SS Charlotte,Olberic
    I still have 4. I am waiting and being patient. Originally I thought I would use it to grab two Gilgamesh STMRs, but at the rate the game is speeding up, I'm going to wait until after the anniversary and any news about the new upcoming NeoVisions meta.

NeoVision units are much more powerful than normal units, and in order to awaken they require at least three dupes so that the unit in question has a STMR. Theoretically then I'm assuming, you could use an omniprism to just 7* any given unit and then an STMR moogle to grab the STMR and you would be on your way to start unlocking BraveShift stuff.

If they ever implemented NV with limited units then omniprisms become very important.

Basically I would suggest: if you don't need to use it, don't. I have a number of very nice limited units but only 1 copy (Edward Elric, Rico, Erik, and Foo) but I haven't used an omni on any of them because they currently don't serve a specific purpose for me. The only two units I used an omniprism on were A.I. Katy and Gilgamesh (WOTV).

9. miao_the_cat

miao_the_cat Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I'm not entirely sure limited units will get NV. Look at examples like Elza, Explorer Aileen, Lara Croft, Ray Jack...

rkl303 likes this.
  10. Fabell

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I was referring to future that might receive NV, or perhaps even GLEX units that get NV forms. Heck, we still don't even have 7* forms for Elza, Explorer Aileen, or Lara Croft. Hopefully we will!

11. AQMystic

AQMystic "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I doubt those three will get any 7* form in the first place, reason being they are limited time units that was released way before 7* are introduced in GL, so don't expect anything especially for Lara Croft as she is a collab unit based on a movie same for Explorer Aileen since she was from the same collab as Lara, Elza is possible if there is another collab with the game she is from, if I remember right that game is also from Gumi, so I doubt they will release another collab for that especially when they want to focus on WoTV

12. rkl303

rkl303 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eRamza, eFryevia, eAce
    To be fair Lara was a free unit. Wasn't around for elza but ray jackass was DOA and as a noob, back then, I thought every current rainbow was near meta....

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  13. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    198ish
    Not buying Omni-s anymore. NVs mean they are no longer required. Esp with old KH units not NV-able (not that I have them in the first place) *shrugs ...

rkl303 likes this.
  14. rkl303

rkl303 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eRamza, eFryevia, eAce
    Gonna be hard pushing limited units now I'm guessing

Cylian likes this.
  15. Cylian

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    198ish
    Yah, i thought so too. NV means its bloody expensive plus no guarantees. No sane folks, even sensible whales, will pull for them, i feel.

16. DarkCobra

DarkCobra King in the North Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

whales will always pull

Cylian likes this.
  17. Fabell

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gumi wants the monies and they know to get the monies they need f2p pulling on limited banners as well as p2p players.

I'm confident they will figure out a way to get f2p players on board as well, although the catch-up will be quite a bit later.

Cylian likes this.
  18. Cylian

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    198ish
    They literally have to. Not exactly for the f2p's money, but that the f2p-s will leave en-masse.

But still, coming back to the topic - the future of Omniprisms. What uses do they have left now, given that their niche (of 7*-ing limited units) is gone? ::thonk::

19. DarkCobra

DarkCobra King in the North Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Omniprism still act as10k for a 7 star, reducing you to have one more unit for NV or the +.

Fabell, Nixilu and Cylian like this.
  20. Cylian

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    198ish
    ... oh. OK. Not so relevant for people like you and me who hoarded UoCs (someone noted, it's becoming PoCs nowadays, ha~!), but ... yah, others may need it.

I even toyed with this idea, going for Vaan's prism for 12k. Luckily his TMR isnt what we really needed. Hoarding again (damn, sounding more and more like you, forum-mate). ::joy::