1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Optimized Unit Builds #5: Kefka

Discussion in 'Unit Builds' started by Jet Stingren, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Ephemeral God VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    Not sure how you wanna build you Kefka? Well, look no further than this thread here to figure it out here. As usual, ask questions, and comment on the build here! And I hope ya enjoy.

[​IMG]
    Max 5* Stats: HP: 2115 | MP: 150 | ATK: 83 | DEF: 79 | MAG: 116 | SPR: 109
    Max 5* After Status Boost from Level Up: HP: 2115 | MP: 150 | ATK: 83 | DEF: 79 | MAG: 139 (+20%) | SPR: 109
    Magic Affinity: Black Magic Level 8

Stats Overview: The one main gripe I have with Kefka's stats is his SUPER low defense making him well a glass cannon in his right. He hits super hard, but cannot take hits back himself. I get that's standard for mages to have low defenses like the healers we get, and other mages before him. Of course, there is some of the more tankier kinds like Exdeath. But, this is about Kefka. Over in all, Kefka currently has the highest base MAG, and MP stats in the game. 150 MP is pretty impressive meaning he can spam spells for a long period of time without succumbing to need a Turbo Ether every 5 turns lol. His MAG is base 116 which is the highest we have yet topping our then best mage Exdeath. For what he needs to do, Kefka is a very solid glass cannon mage he does what he needs to do well enough to clear content alike.

While Kefka has a amazing 150 MP he can run out fast if you end up spamming Overdrive which is a 35 MP move so I would be careful when using it. You don't wanna get yourself into a I "need" MP moment since Kefka cannot naturally heal MP on his own, and you'd have to lose a turn by refilling so try and make his MP last a long as possible by spreading out spell choices like one of his -ga spells, or a spell that will be listed in the build that's for more cheaper MP. You wanna get off as much as you can before you need to heal up.

Kefka doesn't need alot of support options to make this build work. It could have better results if you have a unit with Imperil in your team, and a unit with Focus to amplify his damage. But, outside of the mandatory like healers, and a tank (or both in one unit) to try and divert the damage to them then Kefka is fine.

Anyway, let me show you this build.

[​IMG]
    Build 1: Let Me Hear Your Screams! Kekekeke (Magic Attacker)
    Weapon: Fire Rod: ATK +14, MAG +26, Enables Fira (Quest: Paper Chase)
    Shield: None
    Hat: Mage's Hat: DEF +8, MAG +10 (Award: Colosseum INT C-2)
    Clothing: Black Robe: DEF +34, MAG +20 Award: Colosseum INT C-4)
    Accessory 1: Hero Ring: DEF/SPR +3, ATK/MAG +10% (Award: 30 Trophies Obtained)
    Accessory 2: Hero Ring: DEF/SPR +3, ATK/MAG +10% (Award: 30 Trophies Obtained)
    Materia Slot 1: Camouflage (Trust: Montana)
    Materia Slot 2: MP +20% (Award: 20 Trophies Obtained)
    Materia Slot 3: MP +10% Silver Chest: Shrine of Decay)
    Materia Slot 4: HP +10% (Trust: Rizer)
    Esper Support: Ramuh

Alternative Materia Slot: MAG +10% (Limited Time: Mythril Chest Bundle)

How This Build Works?: Well, this build is strictly mean't to boost Kefka's DPS as much as possible since this is well his element haha. I went with the Fire Rod cause he's missing coverage from Fire it's not truly needed in anything in specific but the extra coverage allows Kefka to hit some other enemies for weakness and that's always a plus in some tough boss fights rather then burning your MP to the absolute ground so fast haha. I gave him a overall boost to MP +30% cause as I said before he runs out fast when you use Hyperdrive super often. Since you have a extra 30% boost to mess around with you can freely spam Hyperdrive more often without needing a ether. I but Camouflage on Kefka cause as I said earlier he's a glass cannon if he gets hit with a physical attack he will take alot of damage even with some defensive boosts coming from equips. Due to camouflage, he gets a higher chance to not be targeted by single target moves which helps him extremely well. This in return helps him survive longer in battle. As a alternative, I put the MAG +10% that can be purchased in shop. If you're a F2P player you don't have to worry about this at all.

All Kefka needs really to help him out is someone to boost his MAG stat and anyone with Faith, or Focus to get the job done. As I already mentioned Imperil helps him with his now Fire coverage added in the mix to help him get off bigger damage against bosses that are susceptible to weakness.​

Hillgigas209, Jongiks and Jose like this.
  2. Jose

Jose Purple lord VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    Helpful. Thank you for this.

3. Zanatar

Zanatar Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru
    Wow this is what I was looking for.

@Jet Stingren Any chance you can do this for the following chars?
    -Chizuru, Cecil, and Fina?

4. CeciRose

CeciRose Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    306 451 944
    Leads:
    Noctis
  5. Jose

Jose Purple lord VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    I think i can answer that. 1.Ramuh has extreme stats in MAG and MP, decent SPR, and low DEF, HP and ATK. Pretty much the same stat buildups Kefka has. 2. Ramuh learns Osmose at 2*, a invaluable skill for Kefka since all he does is cast magic, very powerful magic.

Jongiks and CeciRose like this.
  6. korendir

korendir Well-Known Member

Would you recommend replacing the fire rod with gravity rod once we farm it?

7. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Ephemeral God VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    You could yes. But, Rod of Gravity ain't gonna be here forever.

korendir likes this.
  8. korendir

korendir Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've almost finished farming hearts, it'll take a while for me to get the void boxes, but I'll get there eventually :D

9. leytachi

leytachi Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    963 524 267
    Now that there is MAG +10% recipe, better to equip 4 of those? :eek:

10. ChaosFX

ChaosFX Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru
    Kefka build as of now..
    EQ: rod of gravity, mage hat, black robe, 2x hero ring.
    Materia: 3x10% magic(or 3x30% magic TM), 20% mp. You could tweak whether you need more mp or all the way with 4x magic materia.

I'm not sure if better hat is available on 4th island i've yet advance further to check that out..

11. S3PHIR0TH

S3PHIR0TH You need more HP :3 VIP Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Onion Knight | Tidus
    You could also give him firaga because of all the vivis you pulled looking for Zidane Kappa

12. Gatsu

Gatsu Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2/Fry/w/e
    I've got him with that build, a fire rod, and for skills 3x mag 10% and 1x MP 20%.
    With 2 star lvl 22 ramuh, he's at 304 magic and can drop hyperdrive all day. (well, not all day but definitely until things are dead)

ChaosFX likes this.
  13. R!X

R!X Ascended Member

My build with new items:

Weapon: Rod of Gravity: ATK+5, MAG+35, Enables Gravity (Event: Demons Unleashed)
    Shield: None
    Hat: Circlet: DEF+10, MAG+15, SPR+7 (Wind Shrine/Exploration)
    Clothing: Magi Robe: DEF +40, MAG +23, SPR +23 (Award: Colosseum ADV C-5)

Accessory 1: Hero Ring: DEF/SPR +3, ATK/MAG +10% (Award: 30 Trophies Obtained)
    Accessory 2: Earrings: MAG +20%, DEF+3 (Fat Chocobo in Town of Kolts)
    Materia Slot 1: MP +20% (Award: 20 Trophies Obtained)
    Materia Slot 2: MAG +10% (Recipe: Maranda Coast/Exploration)
    Materia Slot 3: MAG +10% (Recipe: Maranda Coast/Exploration)
    Materia Slot 4: MAG +10% (Recipe: Maranda Coast/Exploration)
    Esper Support: Ramuh (**40)

Alternative Materia Slot: HP +15% (Recipe from Event: Into the Abyss or reward from Festival of the Autumn Moon)
    EDIT: For current event (Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions) I go actually with all materia slots MAG +10% as you need one shot all encounters so MP nor HP plays any role there.

I don't have enough Star Quartzes for second earrings but MAG: 340 (352 with all + MAG materias) is enough for now and later probably will come better items.. With Osmose my MP 242 (212 with all + MAG materias) is just enough. With good tank I didn't find his HP 2144 any issue, but in case of any problem I can swap one MAG +10% for HP +15%.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016