1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Optimized Unit Builds #6: Warrior of Light

Discussion in 'Unit Builds' started by Jet Stingren, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Ephemeral God VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    Ready to pull for Warrior of Light, but even is sure unknown how you wanna use him? Well, look no further than this thread here to figure out a build for Warrior of Light. As usual, leave comments, and questions about the build in the comments.

[​IMG]
    Max 5* Stats: HP: 2713 | MP: 119 | ATK: 100 | DEF: 95 | MAG: 97 | SPR: 96
    Max 5* Stats After Stat Increases: HP: 3255 (+20%) | ATK: 100 | DEF: 123 (+30%) | MAG: 97 | SPR: 96
    Magic Affinity at 5*: White Magic Level 5

Stats Overview: Warrior of Light has a good overall stat pool, all of his stats are not that far away from each other which is well greatly appreciated. When his stat increases are taken into effect is when he gets to be really good for his role being a tank, and supporting the team. He even has a decent-ish amount of attack to make use of some of his attacks which can help tackle bosses HP down without to much of a worry. Warrior of Light has a great HP pool even without the HP +20% buff almost hitting 2800 on natural alone that's quite a impressive feat for any unit and well appreciated since WoL is a tank and needs a good amount of HP to survive incoming attacks.

Warrior of Light the only issue I have with him is that he is a self serving tank/support. He has a healing move called "Life Breath" which is only for himself the only thing he can do for your team is protect others from incoming damage with Sentinel, and put damage on the board.

Anyway, let me show you this build on Warrior of Light.

[​IMG]
    Build 1: He That Was Told By A Fantasy (Support / Tank)
    Weapon: Superior Blade: ATK +36, 15% chance to blind foes. (Event: Land of Plenty)
    Shield: Thunder Shield: DEF +36, SPR +8, +50% resistance to Thunder. -50% weakness to water (Quest: Double Trouble)
    Hat: Green Beret: HP +50, ATK +10, DEF +10 (Shop: Felicitas Town)
    Armor: Force Armor: +51 DEF, +13 SPR, +10% resistance to Fire/Ice/Thunder (Award: Demon Chimera Trial
    Accessory 1: Angel Ring: DEF +3, SPR +3, gives Regen effect (Award: Colosseum INT S-4)
    Accessory 2: Wall Ring: DEF +1, gives Protect/Shell when HP is less than 10% (Award: Colosseum INT A-3)
    Materia Slot 1: Cura: (Award: Colosseum INT C-5)
    Materia Slot 2: Counter: (Trust: Sabin)
    Materia Slot 3: HP +10% (Trust: Rizer)
    Materia Slot 4: HP +10% (Trust: Rizer)
    Esper: Golem

Note: I know you see Counter in the Materia Slot from a rare summoned unit Sabin, but to be honest he's well a extremely common unit and it's almost guaranteed in a few weeks of pulling you will get 1 or more of him to farm his trust up. As a alternative, you can just use another DEF or HP +10% in the slot respectively.

Note: The Superior Blade recipe was obtainable in a recipe from a event in Global, if you wasn't playing then you cannot get this recipe unless it comes back again. As a alternative you may use another weapon of your choice. I would recommend one with status aliments on it to be honest but the choice is yours.

How to use?: This build is strictly Warrior of Light playing support while causing damage from Counter, and his own offensive abilities. I opt'd not to go with any DEF boosts in my materia since he would be good enough after the equips he was given in the first place. With his current build, he also turns into a bit of a mitigator for multiple elements in total he would have +10% resistance to Fire/Ice +50% to Earth & Holy, and +60% to Thunder attacks. With a minor weakness to water to worry about. I gave him Cura cause with this he can help support the team more effectively then he would on base as I mentioned before his self healing move is on well himself. And wouldn't help the team at all. Giving him Cura would allow him to at least heal a tad bit more to the squad and having two heal supporters can be nice for future content trust me haha. With Counter, this works really well on WoL cause he's targeting attacks in with Sentinel. If you remember Sentinel has a 30% chance to jump in front of your allies and block the damage with a boosted +50% of DEF/SPR before any damage is taken after he can dish back a bit with Counter after he has been hit numerous amount of times.

Honestly, all this build needs is a little buff support from a user. Lenna/Fina Cheer helps him protect more, and dish back with Counter, and his own attacking moves. If you can get a MAG boost on him from someone who can do faith like Exdeath, and or Cerius then he can heal your squad more with his Cura which is helpful enough. He is missing a SPR buff to help protect from MAG attacks more effectively. But, he does have Full Break which should help him in the mean time maybe in the future more stuff will be available for him.

Well, that's all on the build. I hope you enjoy.​

Yuffie, Loptr, Rinny and 2 others like this.
  2. korendir

korendir Well-Known Member

How about Muscle Belt as an alternative accessory?

3. Ardiv

Ardiv Active Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Tilith
    I'd probably swap the Wall Ring for Muscle Belt.

4. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Ephemeral God VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    I suggested the Wall Ring to help him survive more. Some teams in GL don't even really run any sort of buffs so I decided to let them have WR instead of Muscle Belt. In return, WoL could survive just a tad bit more intil he was healed the SPR buff also helps his heal in Cura since it takes from SPR more so than his SPR. If you do not need WR or prefer to use it on somebody else then you not wrong for doing so.

Navokuro likes this.
  5. Argetlahm

Argetlahm Member

is it possible to set WoL as a physical or magical damage dps? Since he can equip almost everything, except whip, chakram, instrument and guns.
    For physical damage department, he got bladeblitz, full break and AoE physical limit burst, while in magical damage department, he got a 2,1x light magic AoE...
    Any opinion?

6. Gataru

Gataru Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Vaan, Chizuru, Kefka, Krile, Fina
    I think this could work, but the issue is that he'll be at a disadvantage to other "true" DPS units because of his base stats. He only has a base 100 ATK and 97 MAG and gets no passive bonuses to either while leveling up (his bonuses are 30% DEF and 20% HP). While I haven't played the future content, some of the more experienced JP players on this forum have warned us that we need to have a dedicated tanking unit eventually to clear harder and harder content, so I think that you would be crippling his ability to mitigate damage by avoiding things like the Wall Ring or Muscle Belt in favor of best-in-slot DPS items like Hyper Wrist or Hero Ring. I think in general the rule of thumb is to play to units' clear strengths, and in WoL's case, it is standing there and taking it for your other dudes.

Just my opinion!

7. Elli27

Elli27 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    CoD, ExD, WoL
    he can equip wands, so you can raise his SPR for more magic defense and in turn raising healing too

8. Dwuzzle

Dwuzzle Member

Here is my current build

Enhancer sword
    Green beret
    Thunder shield
    Force armor
    Hero ring 2x

Atk+10% (other 3 still empty)
    Ifrit esper rank lvl 31

Current stats
    Hp 3352 Mp 140