1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Options for cashing in Collab tickets

Discussion in 'Equipment & Abilities' started by aa25, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:40 AM.

1. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Hi folks, long time no see. LoL.

Okay, just in case this is new to you, I still cannot decide what to do with the collab ticket. (Please pretend to be surprised).

Anyway, I got a wake-up-comment last time about getting equipment is more important, plus I caved in and did the step up. So, here is my tentative options now.

1) Get Elly#3 and hope for her prism being added to Trust shop for her awesome STMR (I know she doesn't need her TMR/STMR, but her STMR is still a great for elemental resistance regardless).

2) Get Mystina#2 to open up the access to her STMR for using STMR moogles later. (Another freaking awesome STMR for elemental resistance.)

3) Get A2's STMR which I don't think it is that great (80% ATK, 50% phy/mag Machine killer).

4) Get Freya#2 to open up the access to her STMR for using STMR moogles later

5) Get Bart#2 hoping he will get good enhancement (It is too late again. I don't think his original enhancement from JP side will make him good anymore).

I am inclined toward the first option (Elly #3) at the moment. What do you think ?

PS: Already got Rena's STMR from the pull.

ShinJay, Skye, Eynskaet and 1 other person like this.
  2. Pristan

Pristan Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    I'm really very surprised... that I'm not making a similar post.

Based on how you phrased it 3 and 5 are no's. It's ok. Just let them go. The rest is YMMV...
    I'll say that I got Freya on Sunday because I was worried I'd forget to use the ticket if I waited until tomorrow evening and I regretted it instantly. I don't need a hat for support, heals, or tanking. Most of them already have hats. If your healer (examples, not exhaustive list) is LMFina or Myra, or you tank with SS Charlotte and you aren't rocking STMRs on them, skip the hat.
    And waiting on a prism for Elly seems like a trouble to me. By the time we get it, if we ever get it, will the equipment still be relevant?

aa25 likes this.
  3. Clodia

Clodia Cat Whovian VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Lasswells. Lasswells everywhere.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry, I have nothing of substance to add, I'm bad at these "which thing to get" thingies.

4. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Freya's STMR is more of a mage equipment though.

5. Backosteel

Backosteel "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Agree re: Elly. I could see them adding that batch a week or two AFTER Ace/Rem drop or their banner is over.

aa25 likes this.
  6. Pristan

Global ID:
    Yes, sorry, I forgot to note that. Wizardess Shanononotottotototo's hat is better unless you have having trouble with bulk and at least for me I have two of them and will only rarely need DEF+40, MAG+50, SPR+50, HP +30% when I could have better raw MAG and MAG+% instead, but again YMMV. Maybe you need the anti-silence or the extra HP or SPR. If you don't, you don't need Freya's hat.

aa25 likes this.
  7. Vetur

Vetur Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yuna FFX2, IF Rain, DP Fina
    Ehh. Between Elly's and Mystina's STMRs (those are the only two I'd consider by the by) I would actually pick Mystina's. She may cover one less resist, but the MAG bonus attached to it isn't locked to rods, unlike Elly's. Some of our most recent mag DDs can't use rods (or it may not be optimal without external assistance... examples being DP Fina and FW Physalis).

aa25 and Pristan like this.
  8. iBuko

iBuko “Common sense is not that common” VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    OdinR, Ed, Cloud, XWQL, 4WPhysalis
    Mystina stmr is insane, imo.

Insane.

aa25 likes this.
  9. ShinJay

ShinJay Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Get Elly then an omniprism so you have 2 7* Elly or fuse one into the other for SMTR. I prefer more resistance than mage.

aa25 likes this.
  10. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    ACloud, Lezard, Paine, MI Lass, Bonus
    #3 isn't BAD per se, but next to the other STMRs? #5 is kinda crap, unless his enhancements give him w-cast... which he didn't get in JP.

In terms of raw MAG/SPR, we have other comparable hats. In terms of HP, that 30% is most likely about 1500 on a most units, as their base HP tends to top out around 5k. Nice, but not enough to make or break a build.

That leaves Elly and Mystina, both of whom have sweet, unconditional MAG% boosts, and serve admirably in any kind of elemental tetris. I've had Elly's since the first XG banner, and it is only RARELY not equipped on someone, either tank or mage.

TBH, that one is up to you. Personally, if I'm talking about spending prisms and moogles, I think I'd be getting Elly #3, omni-ing Mystina (and Elly too if her prism doesn't show up), and going for both of them. Having a pair of wind CWA chainers for DV is no small consideration, and both of their STMRs are top notch.

aa25 likes this.
  11. Pristan

Global ID:
    Strange… you and I come up with the same "in a perfect world" of getting both 1 and 2, but mine is get Mystina and STMR both and yours is get Elly and Omni both.

12. YHEsys

YHEsys Ascended Member

200s
    high earth resist gears are very rare

aa25 likes this.
  13. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Thanks, folks. Elly#3 and start crossing my finger then.

Honestly, 60% or 80% is not that valuable in my opinion. The value I am considering is the elemental resistance. Even if th STMRs provide only the resistance, they are still near the top of my list.

No kidding. 80% resistance in 3 elements is straightly insane.

Good point. I still have Omni as a back up plans.

Imo, Bart needs a lot more than just DC. The big thing about him on the JP side was on-demand 74% break which is standard stuffs nowsday. Even if he get DC, he will still be pretty bland. Frankly, even if he has DC, he still offers less than our good old buffer Ignis from half a year ago (was it longer than that?) . What may help him is getting stronger imperil to go with his imbue or perhaps elemental dmg buff. Getting killer buffs would be great too.

It is just way way too late for his stuffs to stay matter now.

This is true. Okay, sold! Elly#3. Thanks!

Scheich and iBuko like this.
  14. rtt

rtt Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Whatever you do don’t do what I did.

Brainfarted big time getting 3rd Rena (over #3 Elly...) and then absentmindedly prism her instead of buying with trust coin....

May be a sign after I also forgot to cash in my ff7 ticket for Tifa #4 (and pulled 2 of her since lol).

My game now uninstalled. Let’s see if am tempted back this weekend :-P

Nixilu likes this.
  15. Nixilu

Nixilu "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I did something similar and used my ticket for my 2nd A2...then realized her prism was in the trust shop when I went to get Rena's prism :(

rtt likes this.