1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Order of Awakening - Help

Discussion in 'General' started by Antioch, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Antioch

Antioch Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    See my Profile.
    >130
    Hi there,

I have several units that are ready, or able to become 7*'s. I'm looking to the community for some guidance on which ones I should awaken first. (I'd love to awaken them all, but I'm currently sitting on just enough to awaken 1) ::cry::

If you could mark down the top 3, I will work on getting them up to 7*.

As always, I appreciate your time, aid and assistance!

Units are listed in the spoiler section of my signature, and my current 7*'s have been updated to reflect what I have as of today.

Appreciate yah bunches!

2. gladefreshner

gladefreshner "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Orlandue
    Beatrix and awakened rain
    Beatrix need full enhancement too though
    I think you're just missing magic tank and a meta breaker

Antioch likes this.
  3. Antioch

Global ID:
    Leads:
    See my Profile.
    >130
    Thanks for taking the time to reply!

My Current Group

1) Cid
    2) Wilhelm
    3) Blossom Sage Sakura
    4) Maritime Strategist Nichol
    5) Lotus Mage Fina

4. Regalia

Regalia Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    KH Cloud, Elly, 2B, KM Units
    Given the 7* units you have listed, I'd put Zoidberg and Beatrix at the top of the list. You've got everything covered already, and that changes the dynamic from 'need' to 'convenience.' But you're a bit thin on breakers and buffers, so a bit of flexibility would do you well.

Just my two cents.

Antioch likes this.
  5. Antioch

Global ID:
    Leads:
    See my Profile.
    >130
    Thank you so much for posting, yeah. I have a good team for fighting the storyline. But it's horrible for Chaining, and for breaking.

6. Lótus Haddock

Lótus Haddock Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Auron
    Awakened Rain because you don't seem to have a magic tank. The others I don't have a opinion.

P.S. I had the same doubt of you, but two weeks ago I finally awakened all of my units lol

Antioch likes this.
  7. Wdiggums

Wdiggums "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event
    Arain Beatrix zarg... in a nut shell. Down the road tifa after enhancements.

Antioch likes this.
  8. Arekusu

Arekusu VIP VIP

Zarg, A.Rain, Beatrix, Ignis, Nyx, Barb, A.Fry. All pretty good 7*, the rest are very meh.

Antioch likes this.
  9. Antioch

Global ID:
    Leads:
    See my Profile.
    >130
    Congratulations on awakening all of your 7*'s. I will get there, but right now it's a gil thing. God Father is sitting at almost 20 million, and I am at 4. LOL He keeps getting the Gil tickets for the 500k Snapper. Lucky man.

Lótus Haddock likes this.
  10. Antioch

Global ID:
    Leads:
    See my Profile.
    >130
    Thank you.

11. Nimbus3

Nimbus3 "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bahamut Tear / Esther, Elly, Jecht
    He has 7* WKN, he can skip A.Rain because of that and focus on either another chainer DPS, a healer or a breaker.

Overall, OP has done a good job covering roles at 7* despite resource limitations, and I think he deserves a solid "good job" for playing strategically there. From here, it's all about the roles you may need... I don't see a 7* Healer or Breaker yet (Ayaka and Beatrix), but Ayaka feels very limiting, and you've been able to do fine without he so far, so ignore her for now.

Beatrix stands out to me as she is able to chain and pair well with your Sephiroth, plus she can also be a solid breaker for you should you choose to enhance her, and I think you should given your unit roster.

Zarg is amazing, so I will mention him. He, too, will require full enhancements, and you already have MS Nichol. However, he is a stellar unit after enhancements.

Luckenzio, Nanyu, aa25 and 2 others like this.
  12. Antioch

Global ID:
    Leads:
    See my Profile.
    >130
    Perfect. Love getting the opinions of the community!

Arekusu likes this.
  13. Antioch

Global ID:
    Leads:
    See my Profile.
    >130
    Oh okay. WKN is good? I always considered him mediocre.

14. Wdiggums

Wdiggums "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event
    Arain with his tmr has stop immunity wkn has charm immunity, arain can also 3 round stop immune party, but cannot remove it. If stop is the problem 7* arain or 7* ayaka is the answer as ayaka is immune and can remove and if memory serves protect against it? But being he does have wkn, Beatrix with enhancements, specially since story event cryst farming, would be the way to go. Sadly if he only has enough gil for one 7*, even if has the required enhancement crysts , might not have the gil to enhance her :-s

Nimbus3 and Regalia like this.
  15. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    He's got LM Fina and Folka. You kind of have to highlight and scroll his signature to see them.

Yeah, he's kind if okay. ::ink::

Seriously though, his tankiness is top notch. Oodles of hp, self heals, plus chain.

Taking another look, you need chainers too. Fryevia, A. Fryevia, and Tifa are all good DR chainers, but have no elements in common with each other or the DR chainers you already have, with the possible exception of Reagan. Reagan has no innate element, so if you slap an elemental weapon on him, you could do it.

Water from Tidus's TMR would work with Tifa. Excalibur or Excalibur II would provide holy for A. Fry. Ice is a bit trickier, but there's an ice katana I think, on a butler dude from Madame's Manor. I forget his name, and searching for it on mobile is a bit of a pain. Anyway, that would let you hit high chain mods with regular Fryevia, but you'd need to enhance her to do it.

Yunny, Wdiggums and Antioch like this.
  16. Antioch

Global ID:
    Leads:
    See my Profile.
    >130

Good point on the text size, I will fix it. Thanks for all the information. I tend to try and get friends who I can chain with. :) But self sufficient is always good. Love this Community!

17. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Rena/Barb/Lilith/Sophia/Beatrix
    WKN is a crazy tough tank. Unless Stop is an issue, as mentioned by others, I personally prefer WKN over A.Rain. Imo, he is better than A.Rain in general cases.

If you want to go for Zarg, you may want to look into LB stuffs for him as well.

As for chainers, I wouldn't worry too much since you have both Seph and PG.Lasswell. Once their enhancement hit, they will jump to the front line easily. Seph's should be close now, many be 2-3 months. Lasswell will be a bit longer, but enhanced Seph should be fine until then. I won't recommend any other chainers (except Beatrix) from the rest of your options since most of them are stuck chaining families with questionable future (including DR since new units are released under AT family these days).

How many Glad do you have ? If you have 3 or 4, you may want to consider get them up as dual-Glad is one solid strategy for many difficult trials.

Jiraiya is another option you may want to look into. He is not a main dmg dealer, but more like a support unit who can chain. He also has AoE Mirage which is a very strong ability.

While 7*Healer is not a must have if you have Ayaka. I think if you have extra resources, getting one up for extra survivability is not a bad idea either. Ayaka at 7* is also a very strong MP battery (her LB) and can spam Dedication+2 for some extra LS too.

To summarize, my opinion may sound a little odd, but I would say, Beatrix, Ayaka, Zarg, Gladiolus, and Jiraiya.

MasterBlaster1 and Antioch like this.
  18. Antioch

Global ID:
    Leads:
    See my Profile.
    >130

Thank you AA25. I have 2 Glad's. I will see what I can do. The feedback today is great and there are quite a few overlapping thoughts, which will help me make up my mind quicker! :) (very happy Angel guy)

19. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Rena/Barb/Lilith/Sophia/Beatrix
    If you have 2, another option is chaining in-house (say, Seph and Lasswell) and borrow friend's Glad (I have him at 7*).

20. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    This is certainly true, and I would steer anyone away from using a UoC on them, but these are units that he already has the requisite copies of. He just has to prioritize making them 7* due to gil costs, and is asking who should come first.

With that in mind, I don't think it's a bad idea at all to put a DR chainer or two on the list. Having some flexibility with the current meta will still be nice. I spent all my lapis (successfully) chasing tanks, healers, and personal favorites, and haven't had the time to build up the UoC's to nab Akstar. I'll bet there are a bunch of people like me who will be stuck with the DR meta for a while, especially if they're not here on the forum to learn about the AT meta.

Wdiggums likes this.