1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Pokemon Masters

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Onejah, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Onejah

Onejah That's what she said~ VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG Noctis [JP]
    Pokemon Masters is out for a few now, for those living under a rock... like me in the past few weeks.

I got lucky after 3 reroll while trying for a least 1x 5* master... i got the duo Blue/Pidgeot. ::kefka::

Anyone playing this ? Wanna share friend codes ? :D

Note: I head @Nina got lucky too ? ::ink::

Nina likes this.
  2. Nina

Nina Perfectly Splendid Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter Account Trade Moderator

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG Nina
    Yes I did ::ink:: But i have to wait for my new phone that will arrive next week. Its too heavy on my current one with lags.

Onejah likes this.
  3. Onejah

Onejah That's what she said~ VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG Noctis [JP]
    Who did you get ? :3

4. Lótus Haddock

Lótus Haddock "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    My samsung J7 Neo has android 9.0, 16gb memory, 2gb Ram and the game don't appear to me (Play Store Brazil and I"ll not do a root if this is the problem)... So no, I want to play from day 1 and untilntoday nothing ::rudecat6::

5. Arashi

Arashi "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena, [Event] x2, Circe, Zeno
    I played this quite a bit when it released. Finished the story quickly, now working on just upgrading people.

My only Five star pull was Phoebe, but she's very useful thanks to her move bar refill. I'm just wondering when they're going to add in her dusknoir evolution.

Trainer code is 7960-5114-9056-6043

6. Arashi

Arashi "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena, [Event] x2, Circe, Zeno
    Thought I'd revisit this since I've been playing it consistently for over 8 months and give a little overview. I've been loving this game.

This is essentially 'Collect your favorite Pokemon waifu/husbando.' Oh sure, there's pokemon and you're battling with them, but the real draw here as opposed to playing any other pokemon game is collecting all the trainers, gym leaders, and elite four. Each "Sync Pair" is comprised of one trainer and one pokemon. Each will have 4 moves, usually 2 damaging moves and 2 auxiliary/item moves and 1-4 passive abilities. Some trainers come in multiple forms, such as a seasonal costume or special (called Sygna Suit) version that will pair them with a different pokemon. You are not allowed to have the same trainer multiple times in your team though. So for example, even though the main avatar currently has 4 pokemon pairings with him/her (Pikachu, Solgaleo, torchic, and a gen 1 starter), you can only have one of them in the team. Teams are made of 3 sync pairs, although in battles the enemies may have anywhere between 3-9 pokemon available depending on the difficulty of the stage.

Sync Pairs are obtained in 3 ways: Story Mode, Gacha, and events. What's nice in this game is that the Story Mode units (aka the free and guaranteed units) are still usable alongside the other units. I'm still using Rosa to this day and she's the 4th unit you get. Getting multiple copies of a unit upgrades their Sync Move (think limit burst) up to a max level of 5. Any further copies will instead turn into Potential items, which are like limit breakers to further increase a unit's strength and can upgrade their rarity when they have enough. Increasing the Sync Move level also increases the available tiles of Sync Grids in some units, which is like a skill grid kinda like FFX or FFXII where you can further increase stats or add other beneficial effects. They've also introduced items that let you upgrade Sync Move levels for any unit so you don't always need to pull the unit (necessary for units that have limited availability).

Event Units had a rocky start. Their first event unit was Giovanni and Mewtwo and apparently the grind was too hard for a lot of people (including me, but that was also because I was on a cruise during the run of the event). They've since admitted their mistake and all events since (including a rerun of the Mewtwo event) have been a breeze and basically a guaranteed max limit breaked 5 star legendary pokemon.

Part of what makes that possible is that Pokemon Masters does NOT have an energy system. As a result, you can grind as much as you want. You can go through the entire story in one sitting if you wanted to (that's kinda long sitting though). Some levels instead have a limited number of daily/weekly entries, but it's a pretty small number of levels that have this. Mostly bonus stages or really beneficial daily stages. Auto battle also works for a majority of the grinds, but it becomes unreliable/unusable for challenging battles that require actual tactics. Another place auto doesn't work too well is the Battle Villa, which is the only mode that is really restrictive in terms of daily grinding, but I don't feel like dwelling on that bit too much.

Gems (the currency) is fairly generous in my opinion. Like Fire Emblem Heroes, the game always has 2-3 daily login streaks going on that keeps handing over gems and other items. You get gems for each stage, as well as missions that get added with each event. They added a weekly gem mission board that you can choose which board you want so you can make it easier if you're starting out.

Gacha rate is...situational. They don't have step-ups or guarantees, but I've gotten a fair number of 5* units, so I feel like the luck is fairrrrrr *iffy hand shake motion*. I had to chase Red though since he was a 'fest' unit so he was only available during his banner, and now I'm hoarding for Sygna Suit Green and Blue, who they teased, but haven't revealed when they're coming yet. Currently sitting on over 27k gems, but I did manage to pull Dawn recently.

So I really enjoy Pokemon Masters and hope they keep going for a long time. I want them to hurry up and add Sword and Shield people. I want Marnie and Melony. They oddly haven't added any of them and you would think that would help with plugging Sword and Shield like they do for Fire Emblem Heroes.

[​IMG]