1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Poor Cloud but big hits?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by happysavage, Jan 11, 2019.

1. happysavage

happysavage Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kurasame, Trance Terra, Nyx
    I know it probably won't be enough to save him from the bench, but Cloud's LB is I believe a 32.5x mod now if I did the math right(12.5x with ignore 50% DEF, plus 30% LB damage). I know his LB is backloaded, but I don't know how much. Still, if it's like his 6* which was 30% backloaded we're probably looking at a 9.75x mod on the last hit which is solid. The rest would be 1.625x mods in that situation. If you weaved his chain into say Hyoh's LB he could get 5 hits chained with the final 4 being full chain mod. So that'd get you a full 14.625x mod chain capped. He's probably not really worth the trouble but if you can build a team around him(anybody know who has the longest chain frames in the game?) with good chainers and imperilers I could see him being pretty fun! Climhazzard is also an effective 16x mod so that's a pretty dang good spammable finishing move as well. Plus he can 250% attack buff himself for 4 turns. I've got him STMR ready anyway so I'll probably play around with him for a little while at least. Anybody else planning on trying him out?

2. Ross ba

Ross ba "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    003 115 660
    Leads:
    Elza/olive/a.rain
    Ye i only used him for ice bird, was planning to 7 star 2 of him and then eventualy fusing them for stmr, would like to see what damage 2 of them with lbs inside tornado chains could do but that means lvling the fodder clouds lb

3. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2B
    Cloud's LB deal 30% of it's damage on the last hit, wich means the last hit has a 9.75x mod... wich is very weak to be honest considering that he can hit for 20x with doublecast climhazzard+2. (and even climhazzard+2 is not impressive)

Nothing impressive to be honest.

Cloud LB have a gap of 362 frames between the first and last hit, while a double cast tornado chain have 188 frames between the first and last hit. Even the two last hit have a 102 frames gap between them.
    To have cloud's last hit to fit into a tornado chaining, you could fit at most 5 hits of the combo (with one not even hitting at the chain cap)

You are better of using climhazzard 2x

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Masvroh, darkefreet and Ross ba like this.
  4. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Rena/Barb/Lilith/Christine/2B
    Another thing to consider is the cost of his LB. At 36 LS for capping a chain with 9-ish mod is beyond terrible, imo. There are many other LB finishers with much higher mod than that. (Jake's is 36x,one hit, iirc)

Masvroh and Ross ba like this.
  5. Ross ba

Ross ba "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    003 115 660
    Leads:
    Elza/olive/a.rain
    Il stil give him a go even though i have better physical and magical finishers but i always wanted to use him i wouldn't have raised the seconds lb anyway its just for lols, and for most content im sure he will do the job anyway i was expecting mine to be hitting higher atk though with my current gear bit disappointed with that considering my VoF can reach higher atk and has a 30x mod

6. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Rena/Barb/Lilith/Christine/2B
    Please let us know you opinion on him, if he surprises you. I'm sitting on three of him and I have no intention to level him up at the moment. :-P

Ross ba likes this.
  7. lupinorris

lupinorris Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Click bait*

I read tits

Ffber and TheKillingJoke like this.
  8. Ffber

Ffber Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    I concur.

lupinorris likes this.
  9. Arekusu

Arekusu "Hall of Fame" Member

The last hit is so far away from the others that it’ll break the chain. Kind of hard to time it so the last “finisher” hit caps a secondary chain but it if possible.

He’s not good. Finishers just aren’t optimal unless they have completely insane mods and/or ele damage with self imperils (i.e. Olive / Ang / Ignacio)