1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Prompto Question

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by satya, Mar 13, 2018.

1. satya

satya Ascended Member

Currently I have E.Yun, Ok and finally finished lb farming Ang. Just need to get fixed dice farmed. I don’t have tdh gear but I have read even without it he is a beast. My question is should I keep Prompto on the bench or replace E.yun. I have Sparky (not farmed) but I also have two 100% Moogles waiting to be used. Anyone’s thoughts and ideas would help. I figured ang and yun together make a lethal combo with the fire compatibility so Prompto being thunder wouldn’t work as well even though he does more damage

2. TheRunawayGirl

TheRunawayGirl KINGDOM HEARTS 3 BABY! VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Anything you might desire
    Well, finding an eYun lead can be difficult, but so is Prompto.
    Tbh, just max him, and swap around depending on what you need. Regarding Prompto's TMR... Not a priority. And Sparky is also not priority unless you want to use eOlive.

3. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Sieghard ✓ Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Kurasame | JP: Akstar
    I'm really surprised I haven't seen a single Prompto lead

4. TheRunawayGirl

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Maybe ppl don't have him? It was a 2 5* banner...

5. satya

satya Ascended Member

What do you think in my situation, do what runaway said and just do a case by case type scenario? I guess Ang and yun having the fire synergy makes me wonder if it is even worth adding Prompto to the mix. And I read all your reviews, your review on Prompto is why I am so torn.

6. TheRunawayGirl

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ok, so...
    Unless you have another Prompto to chain with, bench him. Prompto leads are scarse, so you won't find a chaining partner reliably.
    However, same goes for eYun. Unless you have a chaining partner, you can't unlock his full potential.
    That's my view over this.

7. Ottakor

Ottakor Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, VoL, Prompto
    I have not Prompto Lead cuz I need Olive to 1shot Raid Boss, and before I had Steiner for Event. End of events=Prompto lead for me.
    Feel free to add me, I will remove inactive/useless leads friends in one day or so.

1326 Atk, missing some TMs to get him BiS (also HP BiS, like eAileen+Prishe+Marshal Glove -not have the units-, PG Lassworm -to be farmed-, Training Clothes -farming now-)

Will swap sometimes with eTidus FD+semiTDH build when I'll enhance him and pot.
    Can you give me an advice meme? Prompto vs eTidus with 1 marshal, buster style, sparky first , fd second. Who will be the most powerful chainer? I know that's a bit early, but I don't want to rush the cryst farm for Tidus if he is not more powerful than PBoy

8. satya

satya Ascended Member

I still have a few things to build up for Prompto, using Eyun as my lead now it I’ll defintely add you if that’s still ok

9. satya

satya Ascended Member

Thank you for your advice. All this is helpful. Till sephiroth makes his way have to kill time with the ones I have

Kiramon and TheRunawayGirl like this.
  10. Jman1115

Jman1115 The bewbsologist VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    A2
    I have prompto and can gear him if you ever need him.

11. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Sieghard ✓ Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    If you go for yun, make sure to add @Carnefix. Dont think Prompto's worth it for you

12. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus will be the best by far.

Ottakor likes this.
  13. satya

satya Ascended Member

Thank you Meme. And everyone else. I think I will save Prompto for when sephiroth hits to chain with him. I think I’ll stick to my fire based team unless we get a boss weak to lightning. And thank you everyone else. For those that do have prompto, if you ever need me to gear mine up please let me know and I’ll have him up and running for you. I dont any tdh gear yet but I have a lot of atk boosts so I should be able to make him pretty viable.

Memel0rd likes this.
  14. Ncooe

Ncooe Ascended Member

Then again many people said to not pull that banner

15. Ottakor

Ottakor Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, VoL, Prompto
    Thanks Meme.

I hoped he was not lol

16. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    People still clear content with, in comparison, weak chainers. Use the units you want to use :) the damage is over the top, you never need these op amount of damage ever

satya likes this.
  17. satya

satya Ascended Member

No disagreement from me at all but it’s fun to see how switching things up can make such a big impact and just to experiment, especially when you pull a character that you thought was meh and realize he is pretty damn good. But I think any tdh gear I get is set for ang first. Again thank you, I’m just happy to know now I have three different chainers that can pair with sephiroth; onion, DV and prompto

18. TheRunawayGirl

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Even though I wanted Prompto just for collection sake, I didn't pull XP