1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Props for new trial style

Discussion in 'Rants, Raves and Accomplishments' started by Backosteel, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Backosteel

Backosteel Ascended Member Supporter

i am a Gumi downer. Self proclaimed. But I have to give them props for the style of this trial. I love the idea of benefiting from using different units, and a lot of them. It forces us to not just use our shiny meta units and blast the trial, but figure out what units are swappable and able to get through. I’ve cleared it once and can probably think of 1-2 other solid teams, but that only gets me to 10-15. Then it is figuring out how I’m going to swap things around. Wanted to give props where they’re due.

Fenix808, Poached, T-Rex and 8 others like this.
  2. Magoya

Magoya The Leading Mustache Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter Spanish Moderator

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz, Lenna, Summer Whip Fina, Zeno
    Agreed. My K.Delita saw the light of day again. I'm enjoying this type of trial.

Fenix808 and Xacques like this.
  3. Rezquiorra

Rezquiorra "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL:GLEX UNITS | JP:SUMMONFEST UNITS
    Props to you sir if you swapped 5 parties with 6 different units each time and not keep using 1 shiny meta units as damage dealer.. ::ink::

Poached and Regalia like this.
  4. FFBEJay

FFBEJay Ascended Member

Breaker and healer are the easiest to replace here.

5. Sliferel

Sliferel Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows
    Woof
    The hardest part for me was finding 10 Esther friends. Man that was some sweat.

RaagisEd, Isaac, Backosteel and 2 others like this.
  6. Rezquiorra

Rezquiorra "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL:GLEX UNITS | JP:SUMMONFEST UNITS
    Finding 10 Esther friends "with proper build" you mean? like the one that doesn't use fenrir as their esper? ::ink::

Master Red, Sagranth and Sliferel like this.
  7. Lótus Haddock

Lótus Haddock "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Talking about the challenge of diferrent units, the Catastrophic Set seem very powerful ::raegen::

lupinorris likes this.
  8. Sliferel

Sliferel Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows
    Woof
    Oh I was so desperate (rotfl) I even used those ::rudecat13::

9. Dudu

Dudu Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, Ayaka, Wilhelm
    I'm with you there.

But you gotta admit. If you can build a solid 5 men team, all you have to do is change the sixth for each try.
    Easier said than done, you still need to do some malabarism there.

Hope it's not a one time thing. The rewards look sexy and this prolongs the life of a trial by a lot.

10. Sliferel

Sliferel Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows
    Woof
    As a matter of fact if you have an evade provoke unit+a mag tank geared for earth resist basically it's no damage taken. I went in "blind" without a healer and the only damage I took was from the aoe Phys (300 hp more or less) and some hits cause ramza covered rain...

11. project 86

project 86 VIP VIP

this is gonna give the game longevity and if they stick to the plan of doing this monthly thats gonna be very awesome

12. Bardiel

Bardiel Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I'm just going in with Evade Bash covering all phisical damage, Esther with Esther friend for the damage, Silvie for 100% stone resists and Eiko for dispel and random healing if necessary. Last unit is swappable and pretty useless AND very important...'cause it has Barstonra from Phoenix and has to use it on first turn 'cause Silvie is breaking.
    With this format I win in 2-4 turns 4 times out of 5 because I still didn't figured out HOW but it just ERADICATES my whole team at random on turn 2...or he barely do any damage for the whole fight.

I just need ONE other Esther and I won't need any friend anymore for coupling o.o