1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

PSA: Current IW rare rates may not be as advertised

Discussion in 'General' started by DarkCobra, May 22, 2020.

1. DarkCobra

DarkCobra King in the North Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Edit : @Ashlag speaking.
    This IW event suffered issues. 2 to be precise : missing rare abilities (from 5/14 end of maintenance to 5/15 06:30 PDT), and rates being half of what was displayed in game (until 5/20 PDT (start of maintenance)). The following reddit post talk about those, with abnormally lower rates than expected seen by the players.
    But. But this have been fixed in the meantime.
    Gumi addressed the issue in 2 moves : 1st a fix in the missing rares followed by a (bad) compensation of 20 orbs, then during the maintenance by fixing the rates to what was displayed, and then doubling them again. If you follow, that means that the current rates for rare abilities are twice what they were supposed to be and 4 times what they actually were in the 1st week of the event. They also gave 150 more orbs + lapis for those that spent some, etc. You probably noticed those in your inbox.
    [​IMG]

Thank you for playing
    FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS.

We would like to apologize for the recent issues with the FINAL FANTASY XIV: The Aery event.

From 5/14 end of maintenance - 5/15 06:30 PDT, there were missing rare abilities in the event.
    This issue has been fixed as of 5/15 06:30 PDT.

20 Equipment Enhancement Orb Restores were sent to all players on 5/18 PDT, but in addition to this, players will receive the following as compensation:

- All lapis and Equipment Enhancement Orb Restores used to refresh the orbs during the affected period will be refunded during the 5/21 maintenance.

There was also an issue with incorrect appearance rates for rare abilities in the event until 5/20 PDT (start of maintenance). The actual data setting for a rare ability to appear was half of what was displayed in the game's "Available Rare Abilities" page. We sincerely apologize for this error, and will be compensating our players as follows:

- The rates at which rare abilities appear have been adjusted so that they are double the rate of what was displayed in the game (4 times the initial setting) for the remainder of this event starting end of maintenance 5/21 PDT. (Please refer to the "Available Rare Abilities" button in the event for more details)

- An additional 150 Equipment Enhancement Orb Restores will be sent to all players during the 5/21 maintenance.

- All lapis and Equipment Enhancement Orb Restores used to refresh the orbs during the affected period (apart from those already compensated in today's maintenance) will be refunded at a later date in the form of lapis

We are also looking into further compensating players who have spent a certain amount of lapis and/or Equipment Enhancement Orb Restores when attempting this event while it was affected by the issues mentioned above, and will be providing an update on this soon.

Our humble apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you very much for your understanding

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/gn0duu/current_iw_rare_rates_may_not_be_as_advertised/?$deep_link=true&correlation_id=4fd18cfd-496b-474b-841c-428981e2031b&ref=email_digest&ref_campaign=email_digest&ref_source=email&utm_content=post_title&utm_medium=digest&utm_name=top_posts&utm_source=email&utm_term=day&$3p=e_as&$original_url=https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/gn0duu/current_iw_rare_rates_may_not_be_as_advertised/?$deep_link=true&correlation_id=4fd18cfd-496b-474b-841c-428981e2031b&ref=email_digest&ref_campaign=email_digest&ref_source=email&utm_content=post_title&utm_medium=digest&utm_name=top_posts&utm_source=email&utm_term=day&_branch_match_id=682176283316507792

I thought about going all out but I am not sure now. I know this could be wrong and the rate could be what they say it is. But just leaving it here for people to decide.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2020
    Nixilu likes this.
  2. Nixilu

Nixilu "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I would say I'm shocked, but.....I'm not....

3. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    ACloud, MI Lass, Kuja, Bonus
    ::sigh:: Guuuumi!

HarvestAngel and Nixilu like this.
  4. Matri

Matri "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    You realize this was 3 days ago, right? Gumi has already admitted the rates weren't correct and thats why everyone got a pile of enhancement orbs and now the rates are 4X for the rest of the IW. I hit 6 rares in 20 runs yesterday.

Go look at the in-game rates now....and start spamming IW!

5. Tena

Tena Ascended Member

Yes since their announcement I got a real lot of rares, it’s high time to run a lot of weapons until the end of event ^^

Shrike likes this.
  6. Nixilu

Global ID:
    Good for you! I haven't though...I've gotten 1 rare which is about normal for a bunch of IW runs for me...

Backosteel likes this.
  7. daima

daima "Hall of Fame" Member

I dont think it's a good idea to have the rates so high. When we'll get all (useful) weapons maxed, this event gonna be trash instead of the lifesaver one.

Before you had to choose what weapons you gonna enhance, now you can do everything and it makes your weapons a little less special when you see everybody on your flist got the same.

8. Shrike

Shrike Ascended Member

Global ID:
    They upped the rates since then for sure. Never seen so many rare enchants, doubt I ever will again.
    Spend those orbs they gave us!
    After this iw we will be back to running a weapon 20+ times or more. I had so many weapons to enchant I doubt I could have ever gotten them trough iw with the normal rates.
    I get what you mean though.

9. Dayne

Dayne Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dracu Lassi, 2B or event unit
    I disagree.
    I myself farmed a LOT the first week and I was baffled when I read about the shitty rates (I had done around 150 refills and still didn’t land a single rare...). This seems like the only fair compensation to make everyone happy. If you want your weapons to be special (personally I find this notion quite disturbing lol), you could skip this event and wait for the next one in a few weeks?

Cylian, EchoEchoPotato and Nixilu like this.
  10. Nixilu

Global ID:
    IW is already trash though....

11. SuRfY

SuRfY CEO of Gumi VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Stats/LB maxed Sephiroth
    Not much rare...

[​IMG]

Hillgigas209 and Khidir like this.
  12. Nixilu

Global ID:
    Unique != rare, but okay :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Khidir likes this.
  13. Matri

Matri "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    LOL

Khidir likes this.
  14. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    TBH i do.

apparently in JP its up 3 weeks at a time.

until recently its been 1 week only and even now its only 2 weeks. (and less chance normally than b4)

when ppl can go 2 entire IW events hitting 550k+ w/o a single rare thats not good for soemthign to be so low.

15. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

Totally agree. I got zero rares on the first week when it was bugged. I’ve gotten a rare on almost every single run after the patch! In like 10 runs, I think 2 times I didn’t get a rare. Use all the orbs now before they change something! These are the best rates they’ve ever had.

Cylian and Syuri like this.
  16. Banatine

Banatine Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL/event/Foo/Kryla/???
    Frankly, I would be MUCH happier if everybody had amazing IW weapons compared to everyone Having bad ones.

normally IW pretty much feels like a waste of time since the rates are so bad. I sincerely hope that, at the very least, the rare rate stays at ~5% as the baseline going forward.

Cylian likes this.
  17. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    ACCloud, HACharlotte
    Could be true, i´m getting level 4 rare on every weapon the last few runs^^

18. Tena

Tena Ascended Member

Of course it’s nice to have higher rates on rares, with the first week we had it’s the least they can do, and no worry for future events as even if the current one allow you to fully enhance your armory, you will have new weapons for the next one anyway ^^

19. Banatine

Banatine Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL/event/Foo/Kryla/???
    Ok, since the maintenance I have done 4 IE runs, run 3 and 4 got me the rare + unique on Inferno Saber++ and ice demon’s katana++, and now I’m starting a run with Elements and...

[​IMG]

Never seen the round 1 rare before... Think I’m gonna go for rare + unique on all the Esper weapons now. I know they aren’t worth it, but other than the DV weapons I haven’t got much else to enhance rn.

Cylian likes this.