1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

PSA: VCs have special passive abilities for 7*

Discussion in 'General' started by miao_the_cat, May 13, 2022.

1. miao_the_cat

miao_the_cat Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Not sure if it was announced anywhere but now there’s an added passive ability for VC (not all VCs have them) with the requirement for 7* only. So looks like you can start crafting your mystery crystal and pull some of your old 7* off the bench.

Sartre and Cylian like this.
  2. Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Ya was a month or 2 ago. Only 7* I've heard being ACTUALLY useful to possibly maybe use it on was Steiner to get his LB turn 1 though. Anyone else is really just for fandom.

LurkerRamza, Wdiggums and Cylian like this.
  3. Kain Darkwind

Kain Darkwind "Hall of Fame" Member

Let's be real, any 7* in an NV fight is just for fandom.

Hell, over half the NVs in an NV fight are just for fandom at this point.

Cylian, Wdiggums and Scheich like this.
  4. Sartre

Sartre Esther is my Goddess Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    It's a neat system, but sadly GL skipped all of the 7* upgrades that made some of the units relevant (like CP Noctis). Esther got decent upgrades, but since the 50x physical mod boost doesn't affect her LB, it's not that useful for her. With that said, I gave my Esther a Master Card anyway because she's "mah gurl" and it's friggin sweet seeing her with 6.4k ATK but it does not make her 7* form relevant in todays meta, not by a long shot.

There are a handful of 7* units that can be useful with the Rizer card that provides the Turn 1 LB fill like Avalanche Jessie for the 120% omni-imperil with 87% DEF/SPR break, or Steiner for Turn 1 Vivi shenanigans, but sadly I think the best use of mystery crystals will be leveling up NV units.

Kaladin, Cylian and miao_the_cat like this.