1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Pumpkin rider Adv how are you fighting him?

Discussion in 'General' started by Arngrym, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Zeran

Zeran Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Firion
    I tried it without lightning and grabbed a 320 atk Delia instead. Still passed just took an extra round. So lightning isn't 100% needed just a strong team of your own and a reasonably strong friend.

2. arel

arel Member Supporter

gotta have lightning? not really, easier with her presence perhaps, but not impossible without her..chaining magic (I found thundaga easier) also works, with buff and debuff, 2 or 3 turns enough to kill this guy (I did)

linXzta likes this.
  3. arel

arel Member Supporter

Delita + chirijiraden + ifrit is also quite lethal for him...can chain thundara/ga with thundaga blade, or fira/ga (watchout for the "weird timing" ) with barrage.

4. Gronio

Gronio Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth, Agrias, Tellah
    @MPM1 /zeran / arel
    I agree it's doable without lightning. I did it myself chaining fire, thunder or light attacks. Still it was all but efficient.
    I'm still weak on physical attackers, but even Bartz barely scratches him.
    MPM1 understood well my point: the gap is so huge between Lightning and the other units it "spoils " a little bit the game.

5. Jvalz

Jvalz Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeu or Luneth
    Hi Arngrym, this is my setting and strategy for Pumpkin Rider ADV. I hope this is helpful. :)

My team:
    1. Healer - LV 80 Garnet (equipped with Paralyna and Jeweled Ring; SPR 220, MAG 190, MP 250)
    2. Main Damage Dealer - LV 80 Kain (ATK 222)
    3. Secondary Damage Dealer - LV 80 CoD (ATK 230)
    4. Tank - LV 80 Charlotte (equipped with Paralyna and Cura; DEF 290, HP 3290)
    5. Support/Tertiary Damage Dealer - LV 80 Agrias (ATK 215)

For friend unit, I always choose damage dealer with ATK around 180-230. Sometimes I use Kefka or Exdeath with > 200 MAG (Kefka Hyperdrive and Exdeath Firaga is good for this battle).

I always stock a lot of Survivor's Flask (>20) and unicorn horn (capped at 10). So far with this strategy, I never use any ether or phoenix down.

At first, I'll try to do the full damage to the Rider on the first turn. After it cast a death mark, I'll check how many units that marked by the death mark. If Garnet is marked, I'll order Charlotte to give her the survivor's flask, Garnet has to be alive during this battle. I'll let other unit marked without using any survivor's flask. I only use survivor's flask if Garnet is marked. :)

I'll only attack with normal attack until my marked units die. Why I do that? Because after Rider's HP reach around < 60%, it will give you a paralysis attack and will be stronger. So it will be better if we let Rider's HP high enough so I can raise my team with ease. Charlotte cura will be use to fill raised unit HP so it can withstand attack from the rider. If it not enough, I'll use Agrias cura to help.

After I raise everyone, I start to order Kain to do the Dragon's Dive. His Dragon's Dive could deal 2500-4000 damage every 2 turns with only 222 ATK and no attack buff. Meanwhile, I'll still order other unit to attack them with normal attack until Rider's HP reach 50%.

My CoD only deal around 350-450 damage times 4 with barrage skill and My Agrias deal around 270-310 damage times 3 with cleansing strike. It is not much, but with patience those attacks will still fatal for Pumpkin Rider.

Please do notice that I don't use Lenna on my team, so no Cheer casted. Rider's death mark is so annoying if you go to the battle without any unit that could raise. Garnet is totally my clear choice of healer in this battle.

When the rider's HP reach 50%, I'll attack with everything I got (CoD with barrage, Charlotte with Cleansing attack) until the rider die. Why I wait for 50%? Because I don't have enough MP to bash if I do it earlier. With 2 units with paralyna, I almost can cure the paralysis given from the rider's skill. Charlotte's cura will help Garnet if the Curaja is not enough. With good MP management (don't always use Curaja, use Cura or Curaga if your team is not badly wounded), Garnet will still have more than 50 MP left by the end of the battle.

I need 10-15 minutes everytime battle with Rider ADV. So far, I never lose and I don't really rely on my friend's unit. I already collect 40k candy right now. This is not the best guide available, but I hope this will help.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    Niyyo, Enzoyeh, Arngrym and 3 others like this.
  6. winzzz

winzzz Ascended Member

when i read your team stats i wonder how you do it.you have great team but somehow your att stats kinda low ? Great job btw

7. MPM1

MPM1 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    The Prince and The Old Man
    Jvalz, I must congratulate you really, for clearing this with such team...the amount of perseverance and ingenuity it requires is just ::up::
    but in all likelihood, arngrym could clear it faster than you.

Enzoyeh likes this.
  8. Jvalz

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeu or Luneth
    Hi winzzz,

Yeah, my esper's level are still low. Their level average is around 12 and still one star. My best weapon is only Muramasa and I equipped it to Agrias so my team would have balance ATK. My CoD only use Moon Ring Blade and My Kain is using Flame Lance. I just start playing this game a month ago and when the FFT event is come out, my team still a mess. I skipped the whole FFT event and focus on finishing the story with lots grinding in chamber of experience. :)

I don't have Chijiriraden, blood sword, or enchanted blade. I hope I could get those weapon in a short time.

Btw I'm a free to play player. My fate depend on the daily summon. Haha.

Niyyo and winzzz like this.
  9. HarimUDG1

HarimUDG1 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    265 746 925
    Leads:
    Oldmandude, Zargabaath
    This mister is a great guide and strategic af :P, i reall like a thing with timing, when, why o how to do The stuff, thanks for sharing it, greetings :D.

Niyyo likes this.
  10. Jvalz

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeu or Luneth
    Hi MPM,

Thanks. :)

That's what I like from Final Fantasy game: perseverence will give you reward and good preparation (+tactic) will result in good result.

11. winzzz

winzzz Ascended Member

Thats really awsome.if i were you im not gonna able to do it.and 15 minutes for a boss fight how many hours do you spent for this event each day

12. Jvalz

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeu or Luneth
    Well this is weekend, so I could have more flexible schedule. I don't know how can I manage those battles during the weekdays. Haha. :D

I just want this event exclusive equipments and summon ticket, It's already 50% progress. Maybe I'll skip a lot of NRG during the weekdays. :p

13. arel

arel Member Supporter

good job, bro :), smart strategy

14. arel

arel Member Supporter

bartz hardly "scratch" him, true. I tried bartz too. and yeah, the "trend" now is "grab lightning" LOL, previously "grab that 300+ att chiz", later if for example ,orlandu ,released, then it's "grab orlandu". actually, if you want to try magic chain, can try that FFT event strategy...using sarah and vivi (they're not hard to get)

15. smeezus

smeezus Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nyx
    133?
    Element chaining Heat Blitzes with my Lightning.

16. Angelust

Angelust Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, DKC, FV, OK, DV
    Lenna - Cheer
    Cecil - Focus
    Agrias/Vaan - Full Break
    Kefka - Hyperdrive
    Lightning 1 - Crushing Blow
    Lightning 2 - Crushing Blow
    - Depending on the second Lightning or other DPS, I either do 60% or 85% of his health.

- 2-3 people get death sentenced on his turn.

Round 2 - Repeat

Focus plus Full Break helps Kefka enough to be a contributor, but really, 2 lightnings can clear him in 2 rounds with cheer, or 3 rounds without.

17. Gaelic

Gaelic Well-Known Member Supporter

Im 2-turning this dude 99% of the time, using 4 mages, 1 Chiz, plus a friend. The mages are at MAG 303, 322 & 387 with a Rydia im levelling only at 166!! Lols. Spells cast are Fira then 3xFiraga. I cant see this Boss being easier to take down with PHYS considering my set-up isnt OTT in anyway.
    The only times he survives to a 3rd turn are when the rng is particularly bad when i use REPEAT on 2nd turn. If i bothered manually inputting it would be a 100% 2-turn kill for sure

18. Enzoyeh

Enzoyeh Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A. Fry
    I use a mage team. Exdeathx2, Tellah, Terra, Celes (Focus) and 400+ atk Lightning friend. I could also get by with Tellah/Exdeath with 330 mag but would need to pop a Survivor's Flask because I won't be able to kill him in 4 turns without friend with Lightning.

19. Arngrym

Arngrym Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Fina, Cecil, Noctis, CoD, Luka :D
    That was awesome thanks man! My new team is actually trouncing the rider but those are great tips I will implement! If you want I can give you my team stats and equip see if you have similar units.

Again thanks for the awesome guide!

20. linXzta

linXzta VIP VIP Supporter

I use
    Ludmile ifrit
    Terra diablos
    Cecil golem
    Lenna Ramah
    Exdeath shiva
    Friend lightning or mage with 250 up mag
    Turn one with Lightning friend
    Cecil focus, terra Deshell, lenna cheer,lighting crushing blow ,Ludmile thundera and exdeath Thundaga
    His down 3rd of hp

Turn 2
    Provoke cecil the rest cast thundera or ga while lightning CB again he dies or left almost dead most of the time then repeat

I do the same with mage friend but have lenna imperil