1. Users are hosting a huge giveaway for the 2nd year anniversary event with $380 in prizes! - Check out the thread for more details here!
  2. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  3. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  4. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  5. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  6. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Questions about Trials (new player).

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Shuck, May 18, 2018.

1. Shuck

Shuck Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sephirot, eTT
    Hi, I'm trying to clear some trials. I've focused on Gilgamesh but don't know if enough geared. Sometimes he 1 shot me lower chars even if do all elemental damage.
    Atm I've this:

-Sephirot (5977/580/245/208)
    -TT (4208/590/229/293) (don't have enough gold for enh, just have the cheapest 1)
    -WoL (4509/250/355/172)
    -Lila (3455/220/397)
    -and some healer of friend list (like CG Fina).

-If I weren't enough geared, where should I do? I have a lot of gems but no Gil. I would like to complete it with 5 players, just down him to 55%.

-Some advice for gearing new players?

Thanku all so much! :)

2. Razgriz91

Razgriz91 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura / eTidus
    Sometimes isn't good to do much damage, maybe you are passing more than 1 threshold at the same time.
    Anyways, here is a resume of what you need to take into account to beat that eight armed freak:

Genji shield https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Genji_Shield
    Safety bit https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Safety_Bit
    A set of thunder, earth, light, wind, fire and water weapons (they can be low level, flametonge, icebrand, etc...)
    Thunder blade or drain blade materia, or someone who can deal magic/hybrid thunder damage
    Esper Golem with provoke skill https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Golem

The battle can be long because you won't be doing heavy damage
    Gilgamesh hit 8 times per turn, these attack are elemental and cause a number of status ailments. You MUST ATTACK EVERY TURN with elements to seal these attacks and they'll become simple non-elemental hits that you tank can take.

Gilgamesh will use only 2 abilities on each threshold (80%, 50%, 30% HP)
    Gilgamesh Transform: DEF/SPR buff - Dispel him
    Bushido - Freedom: AoE Damage, ST Death, AoE Dispel - this is why you need the genji shield and/or the safety bit
    Don't rush and prepare your defenses before passing a threshold

At 50% he will start using
    Electrocute: Lightning hybrid damage (0.5x) to all enemies, decrease DEF/SPR (40%) to all enemies, inflict paralyze (50%) to all enemies and that's something you don't want but can only be sealed with magic/hybrid thunder damage, here is when thunder blade or drain blade (on your thunder weapon wielding unit) comes handy

Getting all that covered makes this a pretty straightforward battle

Other tips:
    Rikku can reduce the damage taken and her LB cast auto-revive on all allies
    6* Rain has "Lava floor" an earth/fire hit, by equip him with any other elemental weapon, let's say wind and water, he can seal 4 elements at once (saving space for stronger units)

Or you can always ask for someone in the forum for a 100% evade unit to carry you

3. Alphaeraser

Alphaeraser Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Loren, eLunera, Basch, Balthier
    Hi, I don't remember what gear I had when I first cleared it. However your team looks rather fragile. You don't need so many damage dealers.
    Two chaining units are more than enough. First focus on survivability. Someone like Rikku could be a great addition.
    By the way, you can always ask for a 100%evade unit to make the fight trivial.

Masvroh likes this.
  4. aa25

aa25 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ayaka/Barb/eOlive
    Just want to echo the posts above me. I recommend you check the trials info on wiki to see what the boss does and prepare your team for it. Think of the trials like a puzzle. More often than not, a brute force team won't work (unless your team is already all the way up there and have enough fire power to one-shot everything). There are always tactics you can learn and use in later trials. For Gilgamesh, two important tactics are disabling Gilgamesh's attack and manage his threshold attack.

5. Masvroh

Masvroh Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Onion Knight, Noctis
    Oh well, 3 DPSes who don't have any synergy to each other...
    Let's see, you should use,
    A healer.
    An Aoe physical cover tank.
    A breaker
    A buffer
    And just 2 dps, preferably 2 chainers who chains perfectly with each other.

Do you have a healer?

WoL is great! He covers both tank and breaker (stats reduce) role.

Use Sephy as he is everywhere so you have an easy access to perfect chains, find Sephy friends or any of his family chainers.

Use Rikku! As she can use damage mitigation + elemental resistance by 50% to all with her Hyper Null All. Also, her LB is life saver. Love her re-raise spam.

And a buffer... Hope you have it.

So, the team would be,
    1. Healer
    2. WoL
    3. Buffer
    4. Your Sephy
    5. Rikku
    6. Friend's Sephy

If you have Safety Bit and Genji Shield, use the former to your healer and the latter to your tank. You can get them from Fat Chocobo. Google it. If you don't have them at the moment and don't have enough star quartz to buy them, rely on Rikku's LB to survive against his ST instant death move.

Were you around CNY banner? That banner on last February has a nice equipment that negate status ailments for 2 turns. If you have it you may ignore what wiki says about using elements attacks to seal Gilgamesh's attacks. If you don't, do what wiki says.

Using elemental attacks has a con. If you seal all of his elemental attacks, there is a high chance Gilgamesh will use his X-Slash THRICE! Means instant wipe out if your team is fragile. BUT! if you can manage to spam re-raise from Rikku every turn, it won't be a problem.

Or you can ask here a full evade unit with death and ailments immunity to carry you.

That is..

If you don't want a challenge and just want the rewards.

Oh, if you only want 5-man team
    Just use 1 Sephy then.
    Gilgamesh's HP is not that huge compared to harder trials.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  6. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Baldl0rd Version II - Veritas of the Bald VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ang/eLunera/requests
    When this trial came out, we didnt have death guard or AOE tanks. 1st thing you can do is bring Rain and DW him with a wind and light or water elemental weapons. Use the ability Lava Floor and Rain will lock the 4 corresponding elements all by himself.

Remember Gilgamesh can ONLY be Mag broken, so dont waste your time trying to break anything else.

Since u can only bring in a 5 unit team, I would do this:
    • Rain (DW with a water weapon and wind weapon would be ideal, but water weapons arent around as much)
    • WoL (evasion build will help tremendously if possible. If you have the above mentioned items, Gengi Shield or Safety bit, you can avoid instant death)
    • Sephiroth (with DW and light elemental weapon)
    • Healer with Dual Cast and Ramuh equipped (so you can dual cast healing spell And Thunder spell after 50% threshold)
    • Friend Sephiroth/Onion Knight/Orlandeau family chainer (with Light elemental weapon for nice chain) Onion knight would be preferred if you cannot find or dont have a Water elemental weapon, as he has Splendor of water for that water damage requirement and can chain with your Sephiroth at the same time
    Good luck!

remember you can only bring a 5 man team for all missions complete.

Masvroh likes this.
  7. Shuck

Shuck Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sephirot, eTT
    Thanku so much all! Yesterday did some tries and he was at 35% :(.

I used:
    Shylt (with Carbuncle he doublecast healing+dispell+magic mitigation)
    WoL (breaker+provoke)
    Sephirot (Wind)
    TT (I use TT because she survives a lot and provides me Fire+Lightning+raise)
    FriendSeph (fortunately, light weapon)

I know don't have water&earth, but my main problem is when he instakill (WoL), TT raise him and then he use all spells and kill my party (unless TT/Seph). I don't know if I take rikku to 6* this problem will disappear...

Maybe I will wait until be more equipped. Thanku all again! :)

Masvroh likes this.
  8. Masvroh

Masvroh Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Rikku does solve your problem with her LB. Trust me, you will love her

9. Shuck

Shuck Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sephirot, eTT
    I've upgrade Rikku to 6*, but now will go on story mode to get the fist(fire) in Gronoa Region. Should I finish all Story mode before doing trials? (To get the 100% Moogle mean). Could you tell me some important TMRs?

I would like to cath up with all Story mode as all important rewards from Mog King are bought and I can't do Mt.Nibelheim on hard mode :(. Now don't need gems, don't have enough money to upgrade my TT >.<. Are good/important items on story mode?

Thanku for eveything :)

10. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ang/eLunera/requests
    Just try the method I listed before you give up. It seem like you didnt even give it a shot. You will be surprised how easy the trial is if you have the right units.

When this trial came out, none of the stuff you are worried about was even available in the game yet. You have the luxury of having Sephiroth and Sephiroth friends. You can crush this trial, just check out the strategy I put up.

11. Masvroh

Masvroh Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Why not? Keep going and enjoy the story of game while you pursue resources, lapis, and moogles.

I can list it but I need time to sort the equipments. In the meantime use this equipments list instead. It contains gears, their effects and stats, and how you get them. But you have to google by yourself on where exactly the gears are in story mode. Mostly you can find the map on exvius.gamepedia.com

12. Shuck

Shuck Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sephirot, eTT
    I thought a lot about all the strategies, but I don't have any DW and I need 2 for this...I thought also about Rain to complete the other trials :)

Yes, I search in the wiki all the time :), but like to hear different personal opinions of veteran players. Now I've VoL TMR at 54% and farming Shylt TMR...Read about taking Zidane DW but I wouldn't like to spend 100% Moogle on a 3* unit.

Tanku all! :)

Masvroh likes this.
  13. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ang/eLunera/requests
    If you dont have DW, you can still lock 3 elements with Rain. Give him a wind weapon and use Lava Floor. you just have to deal with light (sephiroth) Water, and Thunder after 50%.

Good luck!

14. Shuck

Shuck Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sephirot, eTT
    Thanku all! Finally, I deafeated him with 5 in the team::toad::, but I had to use items haha. Should I take bushido?

And, which one of 6 stars do you recommend me to beat now?

15. aa25

aa25 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ayaka/Barb/eOlive
    Congrats!

Bushido Freedom is a great materia to have. It lets you dispel your own team which can be handy. (You can also do dualcast dispelga trick, but that needs some practice to execute right.

Of all 6* difficulties ones, I would save the Octopus for the last, the rests are similar in term of difficulty. Personally, I would do Beast of the Dark next (hint: Minfilia or Chloe is very helpful in this one.)

Ardhes likes this.
  16. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ang/eLunera/requests
    Beasts of the dark is a 2 turn fight, LOL. 2 Oldmans smoke this trial, even with only about 900 atk each. Just go back and take a 6 unit team to do the evoke missions later.

17. Shuck

Shuck Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sephirot, eTT
    Hi, I've pulled Loren today so I can gear my Sephirot more when finish story mode for 100%TM and chain with my LightWeaponSeph's friend OP. I think with this 2 man could 1 hit each one...but my main problem is I don't have heal (can't use Carbuncle), so maybe can do something with Rikku LB :)

Masvroh likes this.
  18. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ang/eLunera/requests
    That trial, as I stated before, Unless you are trying to get all rewards in 1 fight is not that difficult. The espers do big damage, but with a magic tank wiht 100% dark resist and 100% resist of which other ever element of your choice (I say kill Ifrit 1st) it isnt that hard, especially if you bring a green mage or Onion Knight for more elemental protection.

19. aa25

aa25 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ayaka/Barb/eOlive
    To be fair, 900 ATK Orlandeau is not that easy to gear up though. Still a minimum of 3 TMR needed (DW, Ex II, Proud Fencer) and that is already with eOrlandeau.
    [​IMG]

As BigNBald5 said just above me. If you still don't have the fire power, go for defensive route. Minfilia/Chloe will work fine.

20. aa25

aa25 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ayaka/Barb/eOlive

Ok, I take my word back. 2 TMR. You can replace Proud Fencer with ATK +30%, and Ex II with Ex I.