1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Quick Tips: Challenge The Great Count

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Senturion, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Senturion

Senturion "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Aileen or Tidus usually
    Overview:
    - DPS requirement not very high , he is quite frail. Try to keep him above 50% and OTKO
    - Mana Battery & Healer needs to be beefy enough to survive first two rounds (... not hard)
    - Mana Battery & Healer needs to have enough mana regen to get back MP Round 2
    - You need something to remove charm (Dispelga Trick, Bushido Freedom, or simply target ally with Nichol's Sharp Kick)
    - Keep Re-Raise/provoke up on your Tank
    - Ailment Resist recommended. Especially against Petrify

What I used:
    - WOL
    - Ayaka
    - Strategist Nichol
    - Eiko
    - Landu
    Friend: Hyoh

Other Tips:
    - Some passive provoke equipment on a Draw Tank like Wilhelm will make your life much better
    - Death skill is not resistable
    - Re-raise on your Tank and he will pop up after death with innate provoke and takes alot of pressure off your team
    - Breaker is not really that important if you do 100% evade tank
    - Dont need 100% evade , just gear your tank beefy is also fine.
    - WOL breaks is more than enough. No need bring dedicated breaker.

Masvroh likes this.
  2. Enzo

Enzo Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, Aileen, Barbariccia, Lunera
    Funnily enough, I ended up using all of these at one point in my run. Wilhelm got charmed => orlandeau uses finger snap on him. CG Fina got charmed => CG Nichol used sharp kick on her. Multiple units got charmed => CG Fina used dispelga trick.

Status ailment resistance is pretty important if you can't OTKO. I got wiped once by a confused friend Hyoh who killed CG Fina :(

3. Somno

Somno Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Nyx, Hyoh, Wilhelm
    Used CG nichol, Rem, WOL (evade + break), Hyoh, A.Rain and Hyoh friend

Rem was good for MP recovery and fill esper gauge.

4. Tamamo05

Tamamo05 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nyx or event
    really? I know it's not beefy according to you. but I consider an ailment that hit despite immunity a dick move.

5. Macphistofly

Macphistofly Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, Orlandeau, A. Rain, Bonus Units
    I got 1 of the 3 quests done but it was at least the one that mattered. These boss fights are super annoying. Here have 0 resources to start the fight. Good Luck!

6. Enzo

Enzo Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, Aileen, Barbariccia, Lunera
    This isn't the first time they've given us a boss that causes irresistible death. The death countdown in last year's ELT Halloween event is one example.

And it probably won't be the last time either.

7. LunarianBarbarian

LunarianBarbarian Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dragonlord/eVoL
    I oddly enjoyed that fight. I'm only into ffbe (played long ago, too, but left after Noctis banner) since 2nd anniversary, so i kinda had to experiment until i found my own 'budget' strategy, now it feels like an accomplishment.

Tried and failed about 10 times before i finally figured it out.
    In the end i managed to win with
    LMFina,
    Lid,
    6* Lilith with DC white magic & phoenix,
    Raegen with Tonitrus,
    Nalu with undead killer
    friend Hyoh (also tonitrus)

Lilith was MVP.
    Geared everyone solely for def/spr/hp instead of attack, first turn drain -> lilith counter-heals MP & covers mag while everyone else is just defending. Noone but lilith & lid survives turn 2.
    The actual battle starts. Lid breaks, lilith revives Fina and Raegen, next turn Fina revives the rest & Raegen + Lid heal MP.
    Lid entrusts to Fina, Fina LB, 1st Raegen/Hyoh-chain gets the boss to ~ 75%, Nalu charmed. Next turn Lid rescues Nalu from charm, Fina buffs atk, Hyoh& Raegen chain, Nalu caps - dracula dead. Finally.
    Was a tough fight since every single mistake would've meant a wipe for me.

8. Tsadron

Tsadron Well-Known Member

HOW are you getting to keep mana after the first pre-emptive turn? I have an Ace (7*) with 447 mp, 426 def, and 426 spr as well as a LM Fina with 456 mp, 460 def, and 735 spr and EVERYONE is set to 0 with enough damage that people die while I have no MP to heal or provoke or buff. What rediculous stuff are people equipping to get enough Def, Spr, and Mp to make this possible?

Im running Wilhelm (6*), Ace (7*), LM Fina, Illusionist Nichol, Sephiroth and friend Orlandeau and this party just gets wiped.

Edit: Is this even worth doing? Im hard up for tickets but my best is apparently not good enough and I cant even recover from the pre-emptive turn.

9. HKSR

HKSR Ascended Member

Leads:
    2k Hyoh or 1600 MAG eTT
    You need a lot of SPR, DEF, and MP. My A.Rain has 1000+ SPR, 850ish DEF, and 600+ MP and I'm left with about 200ish MP after the preemptive strike.

10. Pbot

Pbot Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Here is my team
    LM Fina
    Rena
    7* 100% evade Merc Ramza
    7* Rem
    7* Nyx
    Friend Hyoh.

So I have 3 healers, and MP battery source. REM was able to cast auto revive for all on first turn, with rest Guard. On second turn, LM Fina able to cast MP regen, Nyx break, Merc Ramza put up physical cover. After that, it was just easy battle. I didn’t really care about charm, since I had 3 healer, Nyx was able to full break, and then chain with Hyoh, while Rem used her dagger boomerang as finisher. Done in 8 turns including all mission reward

11. Road Ants

Road Ants Well-Known Member

I used Wilhelm, Chow, CG Fina, Gilgamesh, Hyoh, and friend Hyoh. Took me half a dozen tries to get it. I gave up on trying to get the no LBs mission, the reward is just event currency anyway.

One piece of advice is to not be afraid to guard.

I also recommend lining up all your abilities to go for the OTKO.

12. Macphistofly

Macphistofly Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, Orlandeau, A. Rain, Bonus Units
    Apparently Merc Ramza makes this fight really easy. Had one show up on my friends list so i tried the fight again and was able to do the no items, no limit bursts just using my own 7 star Orlandeau and 6 star Sephiroth as chaining with holy weapons. Cagnazzo with moogle plushie and lotus mage fina for healing and maritime nichol for buffs, mana, and dispel.