1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Quick tips for Mad Doll - Calcabrina trial

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Syuri, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Syuri

Syuri ♥ evade prince, kupo!! ♥ VIP Supporter

Hello kupo,

ima sharing you a lil tips for calcabrina trial without :
    Wilhelm, CG nichol, CG lid , CG Fina , TT ,VOL
    just because i don't have them.. ::ink::
    read along to know how to i manage.. ;)

don't forget to prepare a kupo nut for me..
    wall of text incoming, take cover, kupo!!!!

::kupo:: Calcabrina trial : consist of 2 waves : fairy/spirit, demon type (don't forget to take demon killer+ from diabolos 3*)
    • 1st wave : 6 doll (high def, low spr)
    • 2nd wave : 1 calcabrina (low def, high spr), if you don't kill it and it have 20%HP or less , it will separate into 6 doll again -> like in 1st wave
      • the dangerous part is second wave imo with lots of aoe magic, while in first wave, you will survive as long as you have beefy tank, so i suggest physical chainer so you can kill calcabrina in 2nd wave in 1 turn
    ::kupo:: 1st wave tips : 6 dolls
    • the doll have high def and low spr
    • Each doll will counter atk with 1x ST depend on your type atk
      • if you atk with physical/magic, they will counter with ST physical/magic
      • they only counter atk the first unit you used to atk them, means you can use decoy to act first before your dps
      • the counter atk cannot be provoke, but can be cover with aoe cover
    • After countering, the doll will use their regular attack pattern which consist of ST atk / ST magic / and status ailment
    • the doll will self buff, you need to dispel them, then reapply the break
    • All the doll can be stat broken, and you better break their MAG/ATK
    How to trick the counter atk:
    • Use unit as decoy that deal damage to 6 doll and use reraise in this unit (or build the decoy as evade unit -> this unit will get hit by 6 ST counter atk and then reraise
      • if you use this method, make sure this unit hit first before your dps or any other damage skill
      • and this method only applied if you're using the same physical/magical atk with the decoy unit -> they will counter different if you using magic and physical atk
    • Use aoe physical/magic cover (evade or tanky in def/spr) -> you don't need decoy unit, you can use your physical dps as normal without worry the counter atk
    • EX :
      • CG lid have aoe break + deal damage -> use her (after dispelga if needed) first to hit all the doll, then use your physical chainer to atk.. This will resulting CG lid received 6 ST physical counter atk
      • evade prompto can dual skill aoe break (without damage) + any aoe damage -> use him first to hit all the doll -> prompto will evade all the physical counter atk
      • use CG lid/prompto, but you use mage that deal damage -> the doll will counter physical atk to CG lid/prompto, AND counter magical atk to the mage !!!
      • use basch/other unit for breaker that don't deal damage + use your physical dps -> use aoe cover wol/basch to tank the physical counter atk
    • so you need to decided you will use aoe cover or sacrifice unit with reraise.. and the most important one is have provoke tank to soak up all the regular attack pattern which consist of ST magic and ST phyical and status ailment
    What you need :
    • dispelga / reraise
    • decoy unit / aoe cover (that have null ailment)
    • super provoke tanky tank that have null ailment
    • dps
    • breaker & buffer
    • Use reraise decoy + provoke tank, then kill the doll one by one
    What you want to be careful :
    • Using provoke tank like M.Ramza/A.rain that have innate covering ally -> this will mess up his provoke
    • No lb cyrst / esper orb from these doll, so you can bring summoner / the agito cadet for esper mission
    • there is fire/water/light/earth damage for mission, make sure you have a way to cast them -> its better to cast them when only left 1 doll to maintain the damage
    ::kupo:: 2nd wave tips : Calcabrina
    • As mention above, if you bring calcabrina to lower than 20%, it will split back into 6 doll and you will replay exactly like 1st wave
    • calcabrina have low def, high spr
    • will use ST ATK/AOE magic (mainly fire/lightning/ice)
    • have several threshold (i need to recheck)
    • what you need is :
      • break DEF
      • buff atk your physical chainer
      • using physical chainer to chain till death in one turn
    • if you cannot kill in one turn (probably you left at 10% or so), note carefully about the threshold, i remembered one at 80% , 60% , ? , 20%
      • 80% threshold give damage 99% HP plus stat debuff (plus counter atk) -> timing your damage to bring calcabrina down to 60%-80% HP -> you get counter atk + threshold skill -> then dispel your own party and nuke it next turn
    • calcabrina also will counter atk using ST physical/magical depend on what type damage you use
      • the different is : calcabrina counter depend on #skill you use..
        • EX : you use orlandu x 2 + hyoh x 2 skill -> it will counter to orlandu x2 ST physical and to hyoh x2 ST physical
    ::kupo:: example of fight based on my fight :
    1st wave (around 35 turns)
    • WOL (evade, null aiment) -> AOE cover -> break ATK/MAG
    • Basch (hp/spr build, null ailment) -> provoke -> provoke -> provoke until he can survive without reraise.. provoke -> defend -> defend until only 1 or 2 doll.. provoke -> break DEF / SPR
    • Ayaka -> reraise on basch / curaja or reraise on basch/dispelga
    • Rena (3 turn lb build) -> spr buff/LB everytime basch is being reraised and buff atk on hyoh
    • Hyoh 1 (diabolos with demon killer+) -> use world destroyer in first turn, then do hyoh thing
    • Hyoh 2 companion (diabolos) -> do hyoh thing
      • ayaka dedication is used when only left 1 doll to fulfill hyoh lb for 2nd wave
      • other element mission is dealt along when the last doll is death
    2nd wave
    • Basch use 50% DEF break
    • Rena use 2x buff atk for each hyoh
    • Hyohx2 use LB

Wiihh.... and of course if you take note, i failed the esper mission, just because..... i can not put ace or my best summoner garnet in to the team because my tank (basch) cannot stand alone without spr buff from rena.. i can come back sometime in the future for that moogle after gumi give me more powercreep units.. ::ink::
    Tried 6* M.Ramza / barusa / Cagnazzo / 7* viktor.. and all failed.. lulz.. thus why i decided to use 2 tank to divide the incoming damage..

Thats it... did you read all the text ? did you survive?? can i get my kupo nut now, kupo ?

i give you other example of team comp that i found :
    • CG Fina , CG Lid, CG Nichol , Wilhelm, hyoh x2
    • other dps can be VOL cap with hyoh x2
    • TTx2 and olive cap
    • and much more..
    if you have questions, feel free to ask, i'll do my best to answer
    if you spot any wrong/false information, do let me know so i can correct it
    if you want to share your strategy, feel free too.. and its very welcome..

Cheers,
    ::mog:: kupo

Screenshot_20181004-220253_FFEXVIUS-540x960.jpg
    shoutout to @Ramzo , thank you for your hyoh..

other guide , maybe can be useful ? ugh
    Mad Doll - Calcabrina : https://brave-exvius.com/threads/quick-tips-for-mad-doll-calcabrina-trial.42094/
    brachium - CoA : https://brave-exvius.com/threads/quick-tips-for-brachium-coa.41816/
    fenrir 3* : https://brave-exvius.com/threads/quick-tips-for-fenrir-3-and-100-ice-dark-tank-for-rent.41810/
    malboro ver 2.0 : https://brave-exvius.com/threads/a-...ess-without-cg-unit-or-wilhelm-or-hyoh.41366/
    scorn of antenolla : https://brave-exvius.com/threads/mini-guide-obama-antenolla-without-7-unit-fear-not-6-group.40153/
    scorn of intangir : https://brave-exvius.com/threads/ea...scorn-of-the-intangir-xon-any-chainers.37253/
    madam manor 2 : https://brave-exvius.com/threads/a-...or-undine-madams-manor-ancient-ruins-2.40255/
    madam manor 1 : https://brave-exvius.com/threads/a-little-tips-and-rotation-for-bennu-madams-manor-boss-1.37612/

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Bahamut brave, Brou, Kenari and 26 others like this.
  2. Scoustar

Scoustar Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus/Trance Terra/Whomever you need
    130ish
    Have a kupo nut, kupo! ::kupo::

MikePro and Syuri like this.
  3. Ashlag

Ashlag Setup evolved, though spec didn't change much Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A fairly okay Hyoh, other cool stuff
  4. Simno

Simno Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTrance Terra
    Awesome guide, as always. Looks like I lack the most important thing: At least one really good 7* physical damage dealer :( (or can a Tidus with 1700 ATK do it?)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Syuri likes this.
  5. Syuri

oh.. a kupo nut!!
    yey for free toy!!!
    thank you, kupo!!
    [​IMG]

6. Senturion

Senturion "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Aileen or Tidus usually
    I used:

Trance Terra x 2
    Hyoh x 2
    CG Lid
    Ace

No need tank or healer...

7. Syuri

i'll see if i can find some solid team that use VOL (6*) and come back to you
    i don't think tidus can kill calcabrina in 1 turn, but we never know if you don't try.. never seen anyone using tidus so far for this trial.. :(
    you can try pass the threshold each turn so that you skip his normal atk + aoe magic damage (you will only get hit by counter atk + threshold skill)

Simno likes this.
  8. Marco Aurelio Vins

Marco Aurelio Vins Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eFry/ VoD
    I don't have that freakin GC Lid, without that sweets buff i've been wiped easy
    Other that can make decent aoe breaks?

9. Scoustar

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130ish
    I reckon if you can unlock Tidus' triple cast (for QH-JS2-QH) the turn before phase 2, and have used his LB (assuming using Brotherhood) he should 1-shot the doll.

TheKillingJoke and Simno like this.
  10. Syuri

@Carnefix
    hello sir, sorry to bother you.. dunno if this thread count as useful or not to be linked
    if not, then just ignore this.. :D

Carnefix likes this.
  11. Scoustar

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130ish
    Do you have Dark Veritas? He has AoE break that does damage IIRC.

Syuri likes this.
  12. Syuri

i used prompto before (can be build evade too).. 50% ATK/MAG break, he can dual skill his aoe break + aoe damage so he can be a decoy for first wave.. have ST 45% DEF break for 2nd wave
    i used WOL break (45% ATK/MAG) in the complete run, and basch still survive

13. Syuri

wait, woot?
    did CD skill or set up turn skill is carry from 1st wave to second wave? if yes, this is new to me.. i thought only stat that carry on.. :eek:

Scoustar likes this.
  14. Scoustar

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130ish
    That's why I say "if" - if the unlock carries to 2nd wave it should be easy, but if not... lose ::rudecat4::

Unless full LB can carry into 2nd phase, then LB -> triple cast, as long as LB leaves doll over 20% HP!

Syuri likes this.
  15. Simno

Simno Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTrance Terra
    So evade WoL, Cg Lid (or 7* A. Rain), CG Nichol, CG Fina, 7* Tidus x2 might work?

Syuri likes this.
  16. matt_b

matt_b Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Wilhelm/Fry/Bonus Unit
    Thanks for the tips.

How is hybrid dmg handled? Counter with phys or mag?

Syuri likes this.
  17. Carnefix

Carnefix Newsl0rd Staff Member Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, Tidus
    Looks perfect. ::up::

Syuri likes this.
  18. drkelly

drkelly The Surgeon VIP Supporter

Thanks for the tips! No need to read wiki or watch youtube with the tips you are giving. Kudos to you!

Syuri likes this.
  19. MikePro

MikePro Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Christine Barbie
    Pro
    Hey @Syuri nice guide as always thank you::rudecat17::

Syuri likes this.
  20. Alfonso

Alfonso VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID: