1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Raid orb restore timer

Discussion in 'General' started by iMeHm3t, Nov 8, 2018.

1. iMeHm3t

iMeHm3t Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Signature
    Now that we have the beautiful and compact design of the raid orb showing on the home screen, there is no timer visible... which is annoying, since I‘d like to know when I should refill it, if I want to farm. But it would be a waste, if the next orb would take just 5 minutes and I‘d refill it per lapis. Great upgrade ::sarcasm::

Sorwen, Pebbles and Nouk like this.
  2. Jackal90

Jackal90 I am, the M00gle l0rd. Valkyrie Æsir Spooky VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Click it and it tells you how long is left........

iMeHm3t likes this.
  3. iMeHm3t

iMeHm3t Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Signature
    No, it doesn‘t. It just takes me to the raid screen, where you can only see the countdown for the raid boss lv to go down. That‘s not what I meant.

4. Clodia

Clodia Ultimate Cat Lady VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    Well, it's just an addition, it didn't change the mechanics or anything. In week 2, we always had another banner shown above the Vortex icon and no means to tell how long it will take to refill. This was one of the few times where the icon above the Vortex showed the whole time though, actually it should have been updated to the KME icon days ago.

Soooo... we didn't really lose out on anything here ::raegen::
    I think it's a nice addition and not knowing when it will refill for the second week isn't a big deal to me.

iMeHm3t likes this.
  5. JimmyL

JimmyL "Hall of Fame" Member Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, every OP dps basically.
    Stop being a petty player please... If you are going to refill with lapis, who cares about that 1 orb that's coming in whatever minutes anyway.

6. Wdiggums

Wdiggums Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event
    If you have 1 minute to go on refill orb and lapis it, you get 5 orbs right now but the count down timer resets back to one hour from 1 minute ie you should get six orbs but end up with five, the way some of us pay to play this game I don’t feel getting hosed out of a penny’s worth is petty. To each their own but I for one am sick of being squeezed and then screwed over.

iMeHm3t likes this.
  7. SlightlyDubious

SlightlyDubious A Wild Dubs Appears! Spooky Valkyrie Æsir Chocobro VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    It can be annoying to not have the timer, but I've just gotten used to only doing refills if I've just depleted five full orbs (typically first thing in the morning, or if I miss using my orbs during breaks at work) if I'm actively farming a raid. It would be nice if we could keep the timer on the actual raid page for the second week, like IW has, but it is what it is.

iMeHm3t likes this.
  8. Clodia

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    While I do agree that calling players petty for whatever reason is not right, I don't really see this as "getting squeezed and screwed over".
    Estimating five hours is not really a complicated thing to do. The clock is even shown ingame. So when one is really keen on knowing when exactly the last orb will recover because they want to refill, then they could always check the clock when emptying the orbs.

All in all, I think a lot of orbs get wasted anyway because a human is no roboter. We sleep, we have things to do, we can't always play exactly every five hours. I don't think losing out on some raid orbs should be a big deal.

iMeHm3t likes this.
  9. Wdiggums

Wdiggums Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event
    You don’t shoot for the extra 10% moogs and tickets I bet :-p from the end of raid rewards

iMeHm3t likes this.
  10. SlightlyDubious

SlightlyDubious A Wild Dubs Appears! Spooky Valkyrie Æsir Chocobro VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    If you're at least moderately paying attention to the game you don't need to do refills to obtain those. Missing out on an orb here or there doesn't hinder your progress that much.

iMeHm3t and Clodia like this.
  11. Clodia

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    I don't, that's right. But if you do, you can always refill and pay attention to the clock doing so/refill right after emptying the orbs. Of course it would be easier with an ingame timer, but since there are easy ways to work around it, I don't reaaaally see the problem ::rudecat9::

iMeHm3t likes this.
  12. Sorwen

Sorwen Scary VIP VIP

I agree with the OP. ::up::

:-P

iMeHm3t likes this.
  13. Ashlag

Ashlag Ice GS community now live. Fear us, you heretics. Staff Member Moderator VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    Whilze I understand the issue... It's tha same with arena since day 1. And originally, we only had 3 arena orb and not 5 if I remember well. Imagine that nightmare.
    Basically, it would be useful, but yeah during th 1st week it'll be displayed. Just don't refill farm on 2nd week. Even if at worst you'll waste 1 orb in total, as the refill wil fill the orbs and mechanically reset the counter.

iMeHm3t likes this.
  14. Squall

Squall The Great Wizard Valentine's Cupid Valkyrie Æsir Santa Supporter Spooky Chocobro VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Many
    What’s the big deal? Personally, I’ve been slacking hard, no refills and I’m at over 4.5m raid points. Boards been cleared for a couple days now. Missing an odd orb here and there isn’t that big a deal.

iMeHm3t likes this.