1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

[Rant]First world gaming problems... Slot expansion wait

Discussion in 'Rants, Raves and Accomplishments' started by Pristan, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Pristan

Pristan Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    So, for those who haven't noticed, on 7/2 we are getting a few hundred additional slots for units and for equipment. I'm hungry for slots (but not slots-de-choco) and I hate paying for them.

Right now, I have a few bits of equipment hanging out in the mailbox (No DV this weekend meant I had time to try Mad Doll and Scorn of Lich as well as a few others that were less successful) and I was planning on using the expansion vouchers from the daily quests for space for those on Wednesday. I have slots for them all but I'm keeping them in the mail just in case something else takes up that space between now and then. And those can wait until the expansions on Thursday. I don't need most of it this very moment. Plus I'm also 1 from max on units, and would prefer to use the vouchers there.

And I will need to! I haven't used my anniversary tickets yet or bought my 11 rainbows yet or used my DV blue tickets yet or the EX from yesterday or from the raid... I have like 40 pulls and 13+ rainbows waiting on slots.

I only get one anni ticket because new and I'm cool with that, but I'm sure that if I pull that or the 11 rainbows I will need to expand. And I'm so stingy that I'm actually considering waiting until Thursday morning to pull on anything instead of spending the 100-200 lapis on slots today.

LurkerRamza and Nixilu like this.
  2. Nixilu

Nixilu "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Thanks for reminding me this was a thing...I'd forgotten and have spent lapis on slots the last few times :(

Wdiggums and Pristan like this.
  3. Absolem

Absolem "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    737 567 686
    Leads:
    Yun, A.Fryevia, Bartz, Gladio, others.
    Even if vouchers are way easier to come nowadays, I would still use Lapis for inventory space so I don't get stuck, especially on units. It's worth the investment.

Rampy, Pristan and Infreus like this.
  4. Pristan

Global ID:
    That sounds reasonable. Very reasonable in fact.

Of course, this whole thread starts from me sharing my neuroses with the world, so your well considered advice is going to fall on deaf ears. Full marks for trying, though!

So far, I've kept 150 quest coins on hand at the end of each month to be able to buy vouchers right away on the 1st. I do not regret this in the slightest and would consider this to be functionally the same as getting 500 extra lapis a month.

But again, this is me being my own brand of gluten-free muesli, bat-guano levels of shelled almonds, trail mix without any dried fruit in it, a walking allergen warning... you get the idea.

Oh! And I have realized that if I pull last thing on Wednesday right before maintenance, the new slots will come in before I wake up and I won't have to wait until Thursday, but also won't have to buy slots... Actually that plan might be a bit much even for me. Might. I'll let you know after I've done it.

Nixilu and Rampy like this.
  5. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    Reaches for the dunce hat and chair again xD j/k I think I have 3 stashed but I sell useless stuff so no slot troubles atm

Nixilu likes this.
  6. Nixilu

Nixilu "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I've doing the daily quests, just completely forgot about exchanging the coins, smh. Just checked and I have like ~1,000 coins...

Wdiggums and Pristan like this.
  7. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sylvie,Zeno,SS Charlotte,Olberic
    After the first Anniversary, I used up every single lapis that year on slots. Totally worth it!

8. Pristan

Global ID:
    this madee think... So I know I bought them but did I already use all of them...

So... Um... These are not the droids you're looking for. Move along.

Nixilu likes this.
  9. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    Edward, XuanWu, Kryla, Physalis
    first world don't care paying.