1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Rating NV Bulwark and The Melodic Mascots!!!

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Thiago Amorim Neves Reis, Sep 13, 2021 at 7:04 AM.

Tags:

NV Bulwark and Melodic Mascots came and can make a whole album of things! Are you a fan?

1. Lol! Already pulled, it was not even hard to decide!

40.0%
  2. Cuteness check! Pulled for love!

6.7%
  3. Still pondering (think of me in a very wise pose)!

40.0%
  4. Hard pass for me! (Hard because I really didn`t want to pass...)

6.7%
  5. Easy pass. Can live without the sprite too

6.7%
  1. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Thiago Amorim Neves Reis "Hall of Fame" Member

Damn I wanted to do this one after trying to max CoW but I am a slow learner and don`t know when I will get time again! But let`s see! Cuteness? Check! Uniqueness? Check! Not Human? Check! Utility? Check! Yes I am tingling!!! It`s like it`s Yoshikiri 2.021!!!

Rating NV Bulwark`s Gang:

Attack -
    Very good SPR (for a SPR!), has Blithe Step clone, breaking move with instruments and the big let down of no chain bonus in both forms. NF has very good instrument imperil (30%), AOE 1-mirage with LB fill rate, 50% magic mitigation with status cure, 50% physical mitigation with AOE counters imbue, a singing with increasing status buff and TC unlocking and little morale boost or LB filling for self, a 120% wind imperil with 120% AOE wind resistance and 100 MP/turn for 5 turns (MoT - MP over time. Did I just invent that?). There is a bonkers Grandis with total 4 turns of 85% magic and physical mitigation for one ally, a BoltS that can get very good and has self LB filling and paralysis/confusion infliction, Three CDs: one with good AOE break, TC unlocking, LB filling and 25% accuracy imperil, the second one with 130% wind imperil and 45% wind amplifications, the third one with very good finisher, post-damage status dispel and LB filling.

Then we get to BS, that deserves even a new paragraph because that is how our Glex are: loaded!!!! There is AOE dark/ice imbue and 120% imperil plus 30% mitigations, AOE 150% killers with 25% mitigation and little morale boost for plants, demons, avians and fairies. We maintain the wind resistance/imperil and finiseher/status removal CDs and change the full break CD for SPR good break, SPR permanent 300% self buff, 50x boost for the BoltS and TC unlock. The Grandis is grand with full HP/MP AOE healing, LB filling and LB/MP battery with TC unlock (not in the first turn!). And there is the clear DPS winner that is the BoltS Mascophony (what a pleasing name huh?), that gets to 225 mod, gives AOE auto-life and self 75% mitigation. Two/three years ago some guys would sacrifice goats for that.

Normal Attack- Hey It`s normal. They have four monsters in the band and all they can do is attack normally!

LB- NF has 60% AOE mitigation, HP and MP percentual healing (Hey It`s almost like they did that for CoW!) and HP 8000 barrier! BS has the same HP/MP (65%/35%) heal, bonkers (350%) status AOE buff and ultra bonkers accuracy buff! (Hope they don`t start imperilling accuracy for now)

Survivability - There is 200% SPR and TDH SPR and 130% for other status with a lot of base HP and good DEF, 5% HP lock, important status resistance with TMR (but no charm or stop resistance, what a trend), 50% wind and 25% water/earth/dark resistances, 15 LB filling per turn(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Elevated to the second potency)

TMR - very good all-round TMR

STMR - bonkers for Bulwark!!!!

Vision Card - a little worse than Cressnick`s, but with more survivability!

DV - A great BoltS for chaining, 150% passive killers for plants, demons, fairies and avians, elemental coverage for wind (specially this one), ice and dark (why not earth too?). There are the AOE killers too so great theoretical value right?

MB - Morale filling, great flexibility and can get 200% AOE demon killer and 135% wind imperil with 60% amps! Dude!

Should I have? Yes, are you crazy?
    Should I pull? Yes if have spare lapis! Specially if don`t have enough CoW units!

Well, for now I am not pulling. The band will forever be BFF with Elena in CoW, but I don`t know how much the wind amp will benefit in next CoWs, can`t 3 star it right now and prefer Louise in it`s spot (she should outdamage it by far right?). In DV, the killers are somewhat managable, I don`t think we have a great BoltS partner and probably would have a finisher in it`s spot that could compensate it`s support right? Seriously, I am trying to hoard for Haloween but am totally open to different opinions.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021 at 4:22 PM
  2. DrNooooo

DrNooooo "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    If I were pulling on this banner, I'd definitely be going for Bulwark, love their sprite haha (I'm trying to hoard more lapis for other banners in the future so that's why I'm not pulling). Honestly I just consider Bulwark to be a Ling like support without the DPS and chain family skills that Ling has.

I'd love to get them on an off banner pull. Only things I dislike is their BS chains being AoE which will make them wonky to use when fighting against a single boss in CoW/DV and they don't have a perma T-cast of their skills innately.

3. Vetur

Vetur "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    CB Noctis, Lassgen, NV Phy, NV Luna
    Some things to take note of what Bulwark doesn't have compared to other supports, if you're thinking of bringing him to stuff outside DV and CoW:

• no status ailment cure/resists
    • no stat break resists
    • no on-demand breaks if his CD break is dispelled
    • his undispellable buffs are LB-only
    • his Mirage is only 1 stack compared to Ling's 2+ stacks
    • his True Dispel ability only removes stat boosts, not element/damage resist buffs
    • two of his mad skills (200% Demon Killer active buff and 135% wind imperil + 60% wind amp) are CoW only

Just something to keep in mind in case you're in the mood to blow through old trials this week with Bulwark (as what else is there to do with energy at the moment?).

4. nox

nox "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tifa, nv rain,bonus, trial requests.
    Cant vote. There's no, "no super ugly sprite." Hard skip.

5. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Thiago Amorim Neves Reis "Hall of Fame" Member

Dear client, I am happy to inform your demand was contemplated! (So not Gumi)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021 at 6:25 PM
    nox likes this.
  6. nox

nox "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tifa, nv rain,bonus, trial requests.
    Rofl, people pleaser, hey gumi! Take a page out of this book! Xd