1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Rating NV Laswell!!!

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Thiago Amorim Neves Reis, Jan 12, 2021 at 6:28 AM.

Tags:

How do you receive this new NV Lasswell banner?

1. Good thing, I want the good units to come. Sadly, these ones don`t appeal to me

23.1%
  2. Hey! Best Granny and Samurai! They have nice utility and I want them!

12.8%
  3. I am strange, I wanted more of those equipment summons! They are a good deal!

10.3%
  4. Hoarding mode here, don`t touch these weak banners guys!

53.8%
  1. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Thiago Amorim Neves Reis "Hall of Fame" Member

Okay, some weeks to rest. Funny enough, I started to play hearing the game`s music, that never happened. Wanted CNY to come, there is that pulling tickles and I am trying to resist pulling for that UOCs. Wanted someone to do the calcs of christine and Relm combo, that is amplifies+chain combo that might make me pull for christine. Kryla I like her dispels, but they are trial-oriented

Rating NV Lasswell:
    Attack - The units with more than 400 atk are coming and NV Lass(poop?) don`t even have 6x chain mod or good two handed weapon selection, so his attack is only good. The exceptions are when his killers proc and Firion bow! (that I have by the way -Yey!). For BS mage, low mag (but high enough in its 1s already- and don`t progress much later) but! If you have Edgar and that high mag spear, then you can enjoy his imperil and kimono Lasswell high passives!
    Survivability - Not complete status resistances, subpar passives, no HP lock. Ice resistance is not enough to raise his level
    Arena - ice locked for his AOE, bad survivability. Usable, but not notable
    TMR - I see killers, I like. But truth be said, dragon killer is easy to get and my baha finas already dealt with the magic counterpart. Let`s put a "good" here
    STMR - Insect niche is rare and likable, so... rarely likable? And the stats are very good but... Felix STMR is still around right and is serviceble, right? Almost very good
    Vision Card - Maybe Eldryn card was created so this one wouldnt feel so alone in its soso-ness. Bad stats, restricted niche killer? That is a lot of nicheness!
    DV - The killers and elemental diversity can be appealing, the rest is not meta. We always want the buffer for Xon to do his own damage and Lasswell is a candidate for that. The problem is: when insect killer will be necessary? For dragon there are and there will be other options. Or you can always wait for Faris and dont care for killers (or Xon?). Or the cap raise will come and that won`t matter anymore (personally I prefer more difficult stages with possibility for more first places than one only first placer)
    Should you have? Yes, for the insect killer? Aparently there will be an insect boss in the near future, and with recent boss buffs, this Lass could be the diference between mediocricy (::vplaugh::) and top spot
    Should you pull? Only if you are looking for diversity (don`t misunderstand, boys!::ink::), but probably you can live without him anyway

Well, when I think about Kimono Lass plus spear imperil he might have more damage than I though but it seems he will still be one of the guys I have given up for lapis hoarding. Yet I don`t really regret for pulling more than I should during Halloween

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021 at 4:29 AM
    Cylian, M!to and TheKillingJoke like this.
  2. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Doomicorn VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Total Chads
    There are a few interesting skills in his kit who are worth mentioning:
    80 俺よりお前の方が大事だ Chance to protect all allies from physical damage (100%) with damage mitigation (20%) for 1 turn to caster

- Tankyboi tanks in emergency cases. Dies of course but it is a nice touch.

80 醒夢・雪刃 Ice physical damage (20x) to one enemy
    Remove all status effects from one enemy
    Absolute Mirror of Equity

- Dispelling in a triplecast can come in handy if you are able to time breaks and imperils correctly to reapply them before the damage of the chain hits.
    120 竜虫殺しの秘技 [3 uses per battle, unique selection on multicast]
    Increase physical damage against dragon and insect (150%) for 3 turns to caster
    Increase magic damage against dragon and insect (150%) for 3 turns to caster
    Mitigate physical damage taken against dragons and insects (30%) for 3 turns to caster
    Mitigate magic damage taken against dragons and insects (30%) for 3 turns to caster
    Increase LB damage (150%) for 4 turns to caster (can't be dispelled)

- People without Xon but with Lassy may appreciate this Grandis ability.

And in his Shift form he chains a 72x Ice CWA, great for people who have Physalis.
    I'm surprised myself but i like this unit.

3. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

I wanted him, I like diversity and he can chain with a lot of guys. If I had spare lapis...

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  4. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Doomicorn VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Total Chads
    The chances are not thaaaaat bad that you get him later. The NV banners seem to be a frequent thing and the Shard dungeon too. Maybe you have enough recourses to get some shards in advance?

5. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Already a lot in wishlist. Rain and fina, lightning, fan festa, CNY. Almost a given I will have to dolphin a little::vplaugh::

6. Pristan

Pristan "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I saw this yesterday and almost came over here to ask why people weren't so stoked about it... I had re-read this a few times before it clicked.

I kept reading: Chance to protect all allies with physical mitigation (100%) and with damage mitigation (20%) for 1 turn to caster... So I'm having trouble re-adjusting my expectations after the 20 minutes of "He's an amazing physical tank! He's Nigh-Invincible! Why is no one talking about this!!" ::cry::

I'm having trouble psyching myself up to pulling for him even if I know he is the obvious chaining partner for Physalis with his own Ice and Wind Q-cast to team with her.

7. Tena

Tena Ascended Member

Oh it’s better than that, it’s *magic damage so imbuable with nice modifier, and in case there is no Xon nearly, he can self imbue ice and wind ^^

As I said in the other thread I’m totally hyped for him, so much magic versatility is quite rare imo, before NV era we had Rem and Ace but now there is Grim Lord Sakura and not many other candidates atm

8. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

By the way, if it is a magic stage you can make him evade and prepare for the BS. That is BS for you (and imagine another guy having one turn magic cover - you could control what cover each turn::boco::)

9. Double

Double VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Not Paladin Cecil
    I'd say He's good to have! He'll be good for Dragon and Bug stages in DV.

10. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    I vote none of the above ( already set for yuraisha xD ) so don’t necessarily want lassworm but the rest aren’t trash but I don’t need to draw.

edit I have kunshira with stmr +1 extra so have her nva but never heard good things about her xD but one more nv towards 100!

T9000 and 21er like this.
  11. Clodia

Clodia Cat President of Phy Kappa Moog VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    GLS, Riku, NV LASSWELL :3, NV Physalis
    ::rudecat12::::rudecat12::::rudecat12::::rudecat12::::rudecat12::::rudecat12::::rudecat12::::rudecat12::::rudecat12::::rudecat12::

What about this: If you pull him, you can partner him up with Physalis, which is not only damage-, but also canon-wise a good idea, AND you can put him up for your dear friend Clod to make her happy ::rudecat5::

fletcha and Flintzer0 like this.
  12. Pristan

Global ID:
    Eh... my head-canon has her deciding that she don't need no man and simply gallivanting off with Moog to save any and all worlds she can find. Charlotte can have him. They're fine together and I wish them well.
    That's the stronger reason... we'll see. Maybe a few tickets that have been stacking up during the last three weeks of waiting for new stuff.

Clodia likes this.
  13. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Imagine Lasswell and physalis with rods equipped, as well as christine and relm using chain imbued by chrisine. That is what I would like to know: how good would be

14. Clodia

Clodia Cat President of Phy Kappa Moog VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    GLS, Riku, NV LASSWELL :3, NV Physalis
    But but... Charlotte and Lasswell are too similar, Physalis is halping Lasswell to let loose at times which is adorable! Like, there is this one scene shortly before Weapon stuff where she makes him JOKE! Lasswell! Joking! By himself and totally voluntarily! It is meant to be!
    ::rudecat17::

Jatabo likes this.
  15. Pristan

Global ID:
    But think about **REDACTED FOR SPOILERS** in season 3. The influence of having Physalis around starts to **REDACTED FOR SPOILERS**
    Plus, Charlotte **REDACTED FOR SPOILERS** and can tell that Lasswell **REDACTED FOR SPOILERS** too.
    So, I think knowing that you would agree, right?

fletcha likes this.
  16. Weekendlover

Weekendlover Well-Known Member

If we are talking magic stages relm should be used for her rod imperil not Edgar and equip rods/upgrade package should be on lasswell. Both him and physalis prefer to be lb finishers for the purposes of dv though lasswell lb is like 60crysts to fill?

Hes an good option i guess for terra/ibara less people but an easy skip if you have them. Feb dv boss is a dragon but we might have lassgen by then who has a 150% aoe phys and magic buff.
    His card puts eldyrns to shame

17. Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I was interested to see his monktastic bs, but it looks like they are locked to ice and wind. Kind of defeats the purpose if you can't really imbue

18. iBuko

iBuko “Common sense is not that common” VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Easy skip imo.
    Better pull for the Lassgen duo.
    Much better

19. Vatenkeist

Vatenkeist c[_] + ( ( ) = ? VIP Supporter

Leads:
    The Mugs to the chair.
    Oh i completely agree that **SPOILERS** will be awesome with ***SPOILERS*** and then SOME MORE SPOILERS. Of course it we had ***SPOILERS*** that be ***SPOILERS***of course.
    ***SPOILERS**** be ***SPOILERS***and therefore ***SPOILERS***.

I agree completely. Hope that made as much sense.

fletcha likes this.
  20. Hollis

Hollis Skipperoni VIP

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A