1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

RATING NV MELIA!!!

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Thiago Amorim Neves Reis, Apr 1, 2021.

Tags:

NV Melia is Easter surprise! What to think?

1. April`s fool! Sorry for rudeness, but not for me!

42.5%
  2. Liked her despite being hippie! Will pull!

17.5%
  3. Hoarding mode! Let`s wait for more!

32.5%
  4. Gonna pull for Esther (don`t judge me!)

7.5%
  1. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Thiago Amorim Neves Reis "Hall of Fame" Member

Of course I would get her in 2 tickets. Truth be told, I bought the summon out of curiousness and because I like easter, so I got her STMR too. Wished it was so easy to get Cleostar/Akme, because no DV topping for me without her.

Rating NV Green Sylvie:
    Attack - Base SPR is good enough, NF is there to get some LB crysts and mitigations from 2019. BS is pretty decent, I got more than 4000 SPR easily with only one of her STMR (150%TDW SPR) with a lot of spare materia for killers. And she has that nice 6x mod. Get garanted bonus for the chains in the first two turns (with grandis and LB) and you have pretty consistent very good mods for an attacker that will not die easily! That is not top, but makes trials smooth and have passive and active killers for beasts and humans! And if she is the only the tank, you can break some bar with staffs
    LB - You can`t say they aren`t good. Undispellable 250% buff and 55% mitigation for 5 turns and elemental 85% resistance plus 50% mitigation against beasts and humans! Just... not top for DV and messes rotations a little because mitigation move is 3 turn and cover 4 turns. Plus, not easy to get 2 LBs from start huh?
    Survivability - Didn`t get 30000 HP easily, neither 1000 DEF, but depends of builds (and thinking back, she was 1s and my Faisy 2s, it is expected the difference is not so great). So resembles a little squishier Faisy with more than 4000 SPR and a field, so not too shaby. Elemental department is inferior too, 100% earth plus 50% lightning in BS. If she had wind resistance, I probably would be drooling for her. Nice niches like counter heal and LB fill rate, AOE mitigation for human and beasts, DEF+SPR field and DEF+SPR+stop resistance can make her superior in some fights. No sleep imunity in NF and paralize in BS gives meh vibes but whatever. What bothers me is not having 75% magic mitigation total uptime, but at least she has 75% mitigation without provoking (but she has with provoking too, and 70% inate provoke, so lots of flexibility!). Anda there is that Grandis anti-elemental debuff, very DV oriented!
    Arena - double AOE earth magic, the minimal necessary. Maybe Odin summon is better. She is a hippie girl, don`t expect blood from her
    TMR - very good! feels like Faisy`s, but earth and lighting are more difficult to get!
    STMR - Had it been 25% TDW SPR, it would be meh! 50% is bonkers for its duty! (however limited her duty is)
    Vision Card- even for her is skipable if you have two of her STMRs, and only 20% HP bonus? Good?
    DV - If rummors are true and for once we will need tanks in DV, what is better? Snow with more mitigation but without 6x chain mod, no easy provoking, needing someone to chain for him, with fixed element and difficult LB passive capping or Melia, with 200% active killers for two common species, elemental buff and passives, lightning and earth imbuing and amplifying, easier provoke, very good chaining for others to cap, elemental debuff dispel? None! Because Beatrix is on the way! But maybe it could depend of the killers...
    Should you have? Yes, for STMR and niche fights
    Should you pull? No, unless weak in the elemental resistance department. Beatrix is coming

Melia seems a modern tank. It bothers me she don`t have many specific mitigations, but generally this is taken care by support in trials (so her and Ignis/epi nichol for me?). That is the reason why I prefer her over Snow, he is not so good with elements. This and maybe the break moves. But all in all she is probably skippable for many despite being good flavor

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021 at 7:11 AM
    fletcha, Nixilu, Cylian and 2 others like this.
  2. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Doomicorn VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Total Chads
    Already got everything interesting from this banner, despite the fact that i didn't start the game today.
    Nice sprite though and not a bad tank at all. Got faised out of interest though.

3. AgriasOaks21

AgriasOaks21 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Shui Yu, NV Loren, Faisy, Event
    As usual when hoarding, I threw the couple tickets I had sitting around at the new banner. A red crystal dropped, but it was another NV Edel. Second ticket got me my fourth Esther though! I missed out on her in her heyday, though always found use for a pair of Storm Kickers. Maybe with her update I'll get to take her for a spin or two!

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  4. Lukahn

Lukahn VIP VIP

Threw tix at Melia = 3rd NV Lightning ::rudecat11::

5. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    Is the real question - should we pull her in preparation for XWQL NVA?

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  6. Nixilu

Nixilu Ultimate Doll Collector VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    YES, DEF YES!!! Even tho xwql nva isn't happening...

TheKillingJoke, Wdiggums and Cylian like this.
  7. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    As always, read the fine print. ::joy::

TheKillingJoke and Nixilu like this.
  8. Avengerx

Avengerx Ascended Member

Hate you guys so much now. I was like let's try a few summons for her...30k later was like meh fek it and pitied her. No other NV and most of the rainbows were crap. So kind of a shaft...

T9000 and TheKillingJoke like this.
  9. MeeTum

MeeTum "Hall of Fame" Member

Just got 2 melia from one 10+1 pull.

Don't really know what to use her for... I already used Fina&Daisy to do all the dirty works.