1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Rating NV Savior of Souls Lightning!!!

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Thiago Amorim Neves Reis, Feb 23, 2021 at 5:22 AM.

What to do with NV Lightning?

1. Pull hard until cramps

14.3%
  2. Get only one, constraint is necessary

28.6%
  3. Have other plans, let`s stick to TDW and future Weapon enhancements

9.5%
  4. Want, but no lapis! Buahhh

4.8%
  5. Interested in the unit, let`s see if we get her

42.9%
  1. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Thiago Amorim Neves Reis "Hall of Fame" Member

Got a stray NV Lasswell!(Yey!) Instantly felt less meta trap, that`s gatcha magic for you. The week was good with boss rush too, there was nice adrenaline and the perception that I am not satisfied with my AOE chainers. Hope Kefka`s frags come, then Ibara will have her partner.
    By the way, it`s interesting to note that Lightnings always come with new mechanics

Rating NV SS Lightning:
    Attack - NF with 423 atk, wow. Eletric AOE imbues and amplifies, that is a nice niche. The mods are so so for both chain and LB, but with higher chain mod gets to good status, and maybe Lass King STMR can give her more mods for her AMOE. BS is a not always realiable breaker with bonkers breaks (and very bonkers SPR break by LB), the mods are similar for NF but are now magic and thus can make more difference. Both can fill LB, Buffs 300% for atk/mag, increase break damage and use passive killers for demon, fairy(150%!) and broken(30%...)
    Survivability - HP 5% lock, no status immunities but for charm and stop yes, nice base status and 100% passives plus TDH DEF for NF and SPR for BS. She is a provoker, has 50% innate provoke, auto AOE MP heal and 250% Def buff, 75% mitigation(!) and 50% elemental resistances for fire, ice, lightning and wind (!). Yes, if you wanted to know her real name, it is Fiery Lightning Windy Ice. Lightning is her surname, Windy comes from her father and Ice from her mother.
    Arena - AOE moves, very good survivability. She already looks a gladiator, Arena is for her! Unless someone casts petrify...
    Healer side - dual white magic with a 4 stars mage kit. N....ice?
    TMR - Only a shield, who dies for a shield? Oh wait! It will be loved by every sword & shield user, it should be named Bonkers Shield!
    STMR - Many would say they are pulling for this one and Lightning is like the TMR that comes with it
    Vision Card- Where is the button to Insta-Grab it (for sword & shield users)?
    DV - her damage is not top but can get high enough due to stats and chain mod. She is a sidekick with breaks, killers, imbues, easy provoking and elemental resistances, chaining for mages and physical stages. Against Kokuryu, she (no confusions this time, thank God) and Lassgen could ditch Xon and Shadow.
    Should you have? Yes, for versatility but specially for STMR, card and TMR
    Should you pull? Yes, it`s not a please pull, just please but when will we have a chance to highen up the performance of so many guys with only one banner?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021 at 3:57 AM
    21er, M!to, LurkerRamza and 4 others like this.
  2. Misterdyox

Misterdyox Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I appreciate every perspective on reviews and ratings on units, but I would really love to see some formatting on your text walls ::rudecat2:: But maybe that is just me haha

3. MeeTum

MeeTum "Hall of Fame" Member

Just grab her stmr for your finisher.

But if you don't have enough resource to pull, just wait for random future drop. It's another thing that super nice to have, but not crucial.

4. bwnyc

bwnyc "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Terra, NVA Tifa, Event...
    Figured I'd throw a few tickets at the banner...3 regular tickets in and boom SS Lightning! Done with the banner! :)

5. MeeTum

MeeTum "Hall of Fame" Member

Just got one from one 10 pulls.

I'm done with this banner. ;)

6. b3l14l

b3l14l 4|>|>|23/\/7|(3 70 7|-|3 5463 0|= (4/\/(3|2 VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Nothing from my tix, the 10+1 and my 1/10 tic pull was NV OK. C'mon dailies, gimme dat awesome STMR! I gots 39k lapis, but I'm not sure I wanna use that

7. Xeez

Xeez Ascended Member Supporter

I bagged one.. she seems incredibly slot efficient for my new-ish account

8. b3l14l

b3l14l 4|>|>|23/\/7|(3 70 7|-|3 5463 0|= (4/\/(3|2 VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    I decided to use my lapis. Had to grind out the last few hundred for the pity. Smallest lapis stash I've had in well over a year, but at least there is nothing coming up that I really care to pull for

...at least not that I know of :confused:

9. fletcha

fletcha ฅʕ•̫͡•ʔฅ . ʕʘˑ̫ʘʔ . ʕʘ‿ʘʔ . (´ᴥ`) VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL, O Zyrus, Esther, WOL Bartz
    Hate me now. I pulled one with a 4*+ EX ticket. Had 10 tix and did 10 at a time.
    2856EDED-534E-429B-A267-72BA57FB5753.jpeg

frithsblessing, Cylian and M!to like this.
  10. LurkerRamza

LurkerRamza Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Xeno, TT, LM Fina, SSC, Bonus
    Talked myself into it.

Dropped 25 normal tix, nothing
    Dropped 4x 90% blue tix, worked as intended.
    Dropped 2x 5* tix, off banner

... I got a stash and it clearly wants my Lapis so actually pull something.
    By the 4th pull I wasn't feeling so well.
    After the 8th pull I'm kinda pissed at myself.

I've had pretty good luck w NVs so far so I guess I was due for a strike out some day.
    But dang, 8 pulls without a single NV stings a little. Not even off banner love.

frithsblessing likes this.
  11. fletcha

Global ID:
    Leads:
    That stinks. We've all been there. For me it was Shoreline D&F banner. After 40k lapis for the guaranteed unit I got one 8 days later during a free weekly summon.

frithsblessing and LurkerRamza like this.
  12. M!to

M!to ▀█▀ █ █▄ ▀█▀ VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    I pulled a NV unit with 4* ex ticket today, I had 6 tickets and used all at same time, unfortunately was NV SElena #5

13. illy

illy i'll make a cup of coffee for your head VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    got one with one 10 pull

done

bye ::hiya::

14. Yoshiman77

Yoshiman77 Ascended Member

Had to use the pity coins to get her this time! How should I build her? Her attack seems super low with her shield equipped. I’m still learning the game. So I don’t know honestly what her role is. I just love lightning!

15. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Well, I have my own special ways of doing things::vplaugh::

16. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Provoker and side chaining. With her TMR and card she can get more than 4000 atk and similar mag in BS

17. Phinny

Phinny Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ibara, Terra, Edgar, always bonus inE1
    Still trying to decide if she's worth the remaining 6 lap pulls before pity. I'm sitting at about 55K and the future Faris beckons (along with any Easter possibilities and eventually Lunafreya). Someone help me decide?

18. Scheich

Scheich "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Same. First time With an Lucky 5k pull. Got 2 5* along With it. Debating If ill get the bundle for Instant Ex1 and getting her With shards Dungeon to Ex2.

Dikasensei likes this.
  19. fletcha

Global ID:
    Leads:
    #5?! She's cursed you. I wouldn't min a SElena. Don't have even one yet. Right now we only have I think 21 non-limited NV. So, there's a 4.8% chance of getting any of them, including SSLightning.

M!to and bwnyc like this.
  20. Scheich

Scheich "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    I got 6 Elena so far. With the shards Dungeon and the Original 5k bundle i could Max her. But atm Kepping the dupes for Bonus