1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Regina....uoc a copy?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by SkipDrake, Nov 7, 2019.

1. SkipDrake

SkipDrake Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    K.Rain/Sylvie/Regina/Lenna/Tanks
    I hear shes really good, and I got my first copy of her along with King Rain this morning.
    would she be worth it? i have 18 uoc left after rains prism and one exchange for lapis.my other damage dealers are Bartz and Esther, and i have all the healers/tanks save Galuf.....i love saving resources(hence why i was so happy spending only 5k lapis for both units.
    we still gonna get lotsa uoc in future, yeah? long as i have enough for Cecil or WoL prism i should be good. if having a finisher like her is good, i wouldnt mind giving it a try if its a nice improvement...

i wouldnt normally uoc damage units but its only for a second copy i tell myself...hmmm.

2. Eynskaet

Eynskaet "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    various
    Before you decide, look at your possible equips and materials for her strengths/needs, and consider what you have left to complete and what units you already have to do so. If you have all the relevant goodies, she's a beast. If you don't have them, she's not nearly so much of a beast, lol. So in that way similar to most (all?) other damage units. I just got her 7* after pulling the first one back on her banner, and so far, with my (decent?) gear, she's been good for raid and for spending resources on....

Poached, Seven and SkipDrake like this.
  3. SkipDrake

Global ID:
    Leads:
    What kinda stuff is good for her? I also thougth of rather than 10 uoc...i could trade 2-3 uoc for lots of lapis even....as i do seem to do ok without her it does seem to be more a want....lol

4. keoten

keoten "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    GLS, event , Rivera, evade D.Rain, Dog
    Her TMR is a headpiece, so I would UoC her prism for 8 tickets instead since you can't really use multiples of her unit itself. Unless you need an extra 40 ATK hat that gives a bonus 30% ATK while equipped with a gun.

She shines with TDH guns and their supporting gear, so if you have something like that lined up for her, she'll make you hit the cap on raids super easy.

Seven and SkipDrake like this.
  5. iBuko

iBuko Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    Karten, Esther, Regina, Zeno
    Have you got a strong 2h gun? She need it. NG Jake stmr is her bis.
    I have her and I use her A LOT. And yes, she is good. Very good. Imo.

Skye and SkipDrake like this.
  6. SkipDrake

Global ID:
    Leads:
    ohh durrrr i forgot we can get their prisms for cheaper!
    im not sure i have lots of gun stuff tho....i think i have some. i guess ill think bout her for awhile...

Skye and Seven like this.
  7. Seven

Seven Mildly Active Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    You just need TDH and good LB damage with a two-handed gun.

8. Eynskaet

Global ID:
    Leads:
    various
    You just need capped TDH and good-to-great LB damage with a STMR (maybe IW-blessed 4* TMR) two-handed gun, in order to replicate anything particularly impressive that you've seen posted (often w/o the whale-*** build details highlighted, or not present at all). Lol.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  9. GoodBoorger

GoodBoorger "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

People is ignoring that you also kinda need the team to make her work.

Eynskaet and Seven like this.
  10. Poached

Poached Ascended Member

Leads:
    Hyoh, TT
    She's a fantastic unit for killing stuff fast. Really squishy though. Have to say I don't regret having her. Her rotation involves using lb every other turn or so. You'll want lb damage gear as mentioned. If you have friend Regina to chain with, that would make her super op. The damage from lb I believe is higher than her suped up cannon. Add chaining and it's just beastly

To be truly op you'll want to have imperil and element imbue. Elemental weapons aren't really an option for her. This means having another two units in the party taken up so something to be aware of. Can make party building difficult

Skye, SkipDrake and Seven like this.
  11. Seven

Global ID:
    Leads:
    ^^ These.

Good unit but you better hope you have AL-Type Magic Cannon and all three of War Goddess' Insignia, Heart Overcoming Hatred, and A Lion's Heart if you hope to outdamage someone like Warrior of Light Bartz.

Also you need units like Fid or Sylvie or Warrior of Dawn Galuf or other side-chainers and serious imbue and imperil support to make her capping feasible.

SkipDrake likes this.
  12. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

You don’t always need slot efficient side chainers or Jake STMR/LB materia to make her shine. This is kind of a specific trial with very specific mechanics that allow you to take no damage as long as you deal enough damage, but with my Regina (machine gun+) and @iBuko ’s Regina (Lagoa), we were able to 5 turn KO Emperor quite handily. This is probably our hardest trial available right now. I do have Ignacio (one really great imbue/imperil unit as long as fire is in play), but it was honestly easier than I expected it to be. Zero LB materia, just a bunch of man-eater stacked.
    BE53ECD3-0DB7-479F-949E-DBC53EAB1F52.jpeg

iBuko, Eynskaet, Skye and 1 other person like this.
  13. Eynskaet

Global ID:
    Leads:
    various
    What's your build, @Ferax? and what's @iBuko's, if you recall? With my shiny new Machine Gun+ Regina (2355 ATK, 150% killer, 30% LB boost // 2273 ATK, 200% killer, zero LB boost) and @Skye's tricked-out Regina, I was able to repeatedly fail to cross 50% on turn 2 by 1-2%...
    edit: and how much damage were those Elenas contributing? I wouldn't imagine much, just chain building, but still curious knowing that they were probably both pretty well built.

14. Seven

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A LOT of your damage came from Elena, though, if you used them right.

Elena is still really relevant and can be at least as if not more strong than Regina.

Also also, pulling 4 Elena is basically pulling an STMR, and you also have a very specific setup with the best offensive support and the best breaker. When I say "outdamage someone like Warrior of Light Bartz" obviously I don't mean the 3 turns of nothing, and obviously I'm comparing a single Regina with full chains to a single Warrior of Light Bartz with full chains, with at least his stronger skills.

SkipDrake likes this.
  15. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Kryla, Nyx
    If you cross 80% confidently and fail the 50% I can add more LB damage. That reduces turn 1 a bit, but increases overall damage a bit.

I neglected LB because in my emperor clears with Regina I found the 80% to be harder.

You know what, I played around with my Regina a bit, added some LB damage to her, why don't you try her again?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    Ferax, Eynskaet and Seven like this.
  16. Seven

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Good luck @Eynskaet !

Ferax and Eynskaet like this.
  17. SkipDrake

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I'd rather have Elena myself, as she chains with King Rain....but I'd only ever consider if I had one copy.

Ferax, Skye and Seven like this.
  18. iBuko

iBuko Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    Karten, Esther, Regina, Zeno
    Wait, I did with RL 6 stars (I needed just for the imperil) and an AMOE chainer (Zeno).

On that fight the damage from the chainer was irrelevant from my experience, Regina did all the job.
    Maybe on the Ferax one you can be right, Elena helped a lot.

@Ferax I saw you use my MAIN one, so the weapon equipped is JAKE STMR, Lagoa is on my alt. Good and congrats for the trial! (I know you did it already lol) Finally you enhanced Ignacio! With Regina is a GREAT combo (I don’t have him)

@Eynskaet I have 2 Regina (main, alt) @Ferax used my main one for example and sometimes my main for other things. lol
    My build for the trial (main):

Ng Jake Stmr with 50% atk (on the main) - Lagoa (50% atk on my alt)
    Her Tmr
    Armor from Egg (basically 30 atk and 15%hp main) - Fohlen Stmr on alt
    Akstar Tmr
    Flammie drum or Kunshira Stmr (just 50 flat atk) on my alt I have Olive Stmr.

Materia: 2 killers, Regina Stmr (60%atk +3 killers), Bus style from Cloud.
    2.6-7k atk with diabolos equipped.

Seven, Eynskaet, Ferax and 1 other person like this.
  19. liddokun

liddokun Ascended Member

@SkipDrake Congrats on getting Regina and King Rain! Yeah, like others already said she needs strong gears and supports for imbue and imperil. But if don't have that atm, you can use her for event like raid in the mean time.

@Eynskaet Took me 6 turns to beat Emperor. I got help from Barroth's strong Regina. I think Skye's Regina is also strong and on par to his. I used Tsukiko and 6* Kaito for chaining, so it's only 100% imperil for me. You have better 120% imperil with R Lightning there. Like Ferax's clear with Elenas, you might want to make R Lightning and Zeno reach their highest ATK too so they can inflict some additional damage. Also don't forget to cast Sylvie's CD 200% ATK/MAG buff to stronger Regina (Skye's in your case) on turn 3 after did the LB chain on turn 2. Well, every percent counts right? Hope you'll get good RNG with higher damage variance and beat the trial on the next try. :)

20. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

Actually very little of my damage came from Elena. In this fight you need to deal massive damage every single turn essentially pushing a threshold every turn to be able to avoid taking tons of damage. Elena has to use her cooldown on turn 1 to make the multipliers in her skills increase and then use her LB on the next turn to once again increase the multiplier on her best skill (blade of crystal). I could not afford to use any cooldowns because I had to have a chain for Regina to cap on turn 1. I was just looking for two units who I could use to produce a long chain for Regina to cap and well Elena has innate triplecast with zero MP issues so I went with her. The way I was using her, blade of crystal only had a 20x Hybrid multiplier per cast and I stripped all my best STMR gear off of her to put on Regina, so by far the majority of my damage was indeed coming from Regina.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 2:53 AM
    Seven, Eynskaet and Skye like this.