1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Review Schedule + Updates

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Unil0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Kurasame | JP: Akstar
    Hello there!

I've given many the impression that I am utterly busy and can't handle the situation well. I even worried some folks and I did see quite a few comments mentioning how I should take it slowly etc.

It isn't really what you think it is. Right off the bat: I am only a human, just like any of you.

Currently I am not too busy or can't afford to spend time on reviews. That's not the case. I am just a very lazy person and at the same time I am very poor at scheduling. This means the reason why many reviews have been delayed are often because I either prefered to take a nap or told myself that I'll write it tomorrow. For 1~2 days.

However I do feel like I have to be honest about it and while there is some truth behind me being busy it does not mean I don't have the time.

Currently I am at uni and often come back during the afternoon. Throughout the week I also have to schedule workouts and I do want to hang out with friends, too.

If I come back at friday or thursday I CAN try to squeeze a review in but I'd prefer not to.

BIG BUT(T)
    I want to keep a consistency.

Unless I'm legit super busy you won't see me slacking off anymore.
    This means:

- Each Thursday / Friday will be the unit batch overview (if there is one, includes 3x 5* or higher banners).
    - Each Friday / Saturday there will be a review for a unit (first on double banner).
    - Each Saturday / Sunday there will be a review for the second unit IF double banner.
    - Each Monday / Tuesday the unit rankings will be updated.

I want to give myself one day of being lazy at maximum without delaying anything too much. I stopped writing reviews pre-thursday because there might be possible datamines and I often prefer to write them after thursday to get more additional research on some units since people will pull for them.

If there is a large request I can also adjust the schedule and simply re-schedule everything. I know that when I write the review on saturday opposed to thursday or friday the hype for a review is not as high as it would be one day afterwards.

Either way, I apologise for making a few followers of mine worry about me. And I apologise for becoming more lazy. 3 months after my finals of doing nothing did change me a bit in that regard and I'll try to catch up again. :)

Have a great day!

2. Mcleod

Mcleod Retired - Immortal0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TDH Chuck Norris
    No you are a college studentin ::ink::
    Says the german... are you german again? ::ink::
    Thats more german!! GUT!

Anyway Memeboi no one forces you, you do not owe apologies or anything... let the river flow.

Also it gets better with age, you do more in less time... or so they say ::ink::

Zilch, Sivispara, Memel0rd and 2 others like this.
  3. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Unil0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Not on my watch.

MikePro likes this.
  4. House of Anchors

House of Anchors Ascended Member Supporter

I can't believe beards with humans attached are still humans ::thonk::

Memel0rd, linXzta and Mcleod like this.
  5. DoubleChoc

DoubleChoc Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, Event Bonus Units
    I think everyone has the problem of being lazy, even when I'm motivated I'll just sit there all energised before I lose it and slump back down, but somehow I manage to make ends meet. Good luck with the schedule. It'll become like second nature.

Memel0rd likes this.
  6. joshvengard

joshvengard Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    the hyohlarius man himself :D
    It's Allright being lazy a little bit, specially in university lol (insert meme of either choosing social life or grades lol) IMHO, you do this out of your heart, so feel free to do it at your own pace, we appreciate it either way.

Memel0rd likes this.
  7. Manveru

Manveru Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    I don't think you need to explain yourself man, it's not your job.

I think ;)

And you know everyone greatly appreciates what you're doing.

Memel0rd likes this.
  8. Fluke

Fluke Well-Known Member

This.

If you think it is not fun anymore, do not do it and find something else to do.

9. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    It's still a lot of fun :)

10. Fluke

Fluke Well-Known Member

And then know that I always enjoy reading your reviews :)

Memel0rd likes this.
  11. Eureka

Eureka Member

Global ID:
    561 229 886
    Leads:
    Rem
    As your reader I really appreciate how you take your time to do unit review. Again, I know it must not be easy to divide time between all that when you're uni student, so take it easy and chill sometime ::up:: I don't mind waiting for your superb review!

Memel0rd likes this.
  12. Nemeko

Nemeko Ascended Member

Leads:
    6 star Nine
    How dare you be human Meme-chan!

13. Krota

Krota Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yun, Ang, Fry, Chow, Christine, GLS
    Is it easier to do batch reviews like you do with the 7* awakenings? If so why not do a batch review for this banner? These units don't seem particularly popular by the look of things. While I definitely enjoy reading all of your reviews it's ok to take it easy from time to time so you can enjoy... life. Lol.

Anyway just my opinion. Keep up the good work sir.

Memel0rd likes this.
  14. keoten

keoten Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    GL Sakura, Fryevia
    YES! It secretly disturbed me that you'd say "Right off the bet" but since you're not American I didn't call you out on it haha! :) This is a reference to baseball, when the ball is thrown and the batter swings - the instance the ball comes "right off the bat". It's an American phrase to mean "immediately (after)" or "out of the gates" essentially.

You just turned 20. You slowing down on churning out these in-depth, super insightful reviews are neither lazy nor owed to anyone. You've probably done more help to this large gaming community with these reviews than most 20-year olds have done for any large community by the time they're 25...or older. Edit: Also I'm 33 and I'm still poor at scheduling time, so there you have it :D

Memel0rd likes this.
  15. Ceris

Ceris Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, Tidus, eTT, Bonus Unit
    We all appreciate what you do!

Memel0rd likes this.
  16. Balthier

Balthier Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh
    Philip, I personally appreciate a lot your work here. Specially since you don’t get much for it... So, you should be praised.

Memel0rd likes this.
  17. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Ascended Member

Meme, write the review with your own pace. Only write when you feel you want to. We all really appreciate your work.

Goddess Nyx and Memel0rd like this.
  18. Goddess Nyx

Goddess Nyx Spooky Spooky Chocobro Supporter

Global ID:
    I'm thrilled, because I love your reviews and of course I'd like to keep reading them!

Personally, I remember when I was that age, at college making good grades, working part-time, and spending time with friends. Any concern from me was more based on the recent double banners, and a healthy respect for the amount of time you devote to the now several types of reviews that you do.

Your reviews are huge a big term paper with math now. They are impressive, and you've been delving into the specifics of the units for so long that your opinion holds a lot of weight and helps a lot of people. You've done so much for our community.

So I will never doubt your dedication or passion for the work you are doing! But I will still be understanding when you are late due to illness, exams, or holiday overload, because I'm just like that.

Ferax, Eureka, Memel0rd and 1 other person like this.
  19. Jenny

Jenny Ascended Member

I always wait for your reviews before I start pulling

20. Moriarty

Moriarty "Aren't ordinary people adorable?" VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra 1.7k
    I think your gunna be kicking urself one day for putting that schedule out lol but im sure the community as a whole appreciates your dedication! ::up::

This isnt entirely true, he has patreon users who donate to him for his reviews. although i spose you could look at is as theyre donating because of what hes done already but usually if i donate to someone im hopeing they keep doing whatever it is they do.