1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

[Revived Unit] Enhanced Nagi

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Obstkeks, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Obstkeks

Obstkeks "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tifa|Nagi|Edward|Lulu
    Greetings and welcome, ladies and gentleman. Another week with ability awakenings, and Obstkeks didn't had to think twice which unit to pick. It's Nagi, our hybrid unit, with her unrequited feelings for Hyoh. Feels bad my dear, I can feel your pain. But maybe her enhancement can do what her charm can't, giving us a big surprise? Let's head into it.

Enhanced Nagi (by Obstkeks)

7★ Stats (door pots included)
    HP:
    4751 (+810) | MP: 222 (+135) | ATK: 202 (+97)
    DEF: 189 (+60) | MAG: 209 (+60) | SPR: 181 (+40)

Equipment
    Weapons:
    Dagger | Sword | Katana | Rod | Whip | Fist
    Armors: Hat | Clothes | Light Armor | Robe

Upon release...
    When released, Nagi wasn't too impressive. Her base stats were not too shabby and her passives quite good, with 140% ATK, 120% MAG and innate 100% TDW (both physical and magical) as well as innate resistance against confuse, blind an poison on top of 100% human/demon/undead killers. With only 20% HP/DEF/SPR she was rather squishy however, but tried to compensate with 30% physical evasion. Overall not too bad.

Her main problem was the point that her damage was quite low, compared to the current top dogs Esther and Zeno of the Beta Star who where released shortly before Nagi. The lack of W-cast was only a minor point. Altough her cooldown Clad in Power (5 turn cooldown) was already great back then with 100% imperil for ice/wind/light/dark (all elements covered by her skills) and a 250% ATK/MAG buff for 5 turns, the modifiers of her main chaining moves (both with Divine Ruination frames) where too low, together with the lack of any higher burst.

Her equipment selection was okay, but lacks really good non-STMR weapons with both high flat ATK and MAG, beside Malphasie's TMR. And without at least two STMR (like her own and Malphasie's), she had no option to reach the 200% TDW cap (either physical or magical). So what did change?

Enhancements
    Like Tifa, Nagi didn't receive a W-cast ability with her enhancements. But to be honest, she doesn't need it that bad. Her main chaining moves deal elemental damage and imperil at the same time, so in case of dispel she doesn't need any preparation at all. What else does she offer?

MAG +20% | MAG +30% +1 | Dual Blade Mastery +2
    The 6x chain modifier cap. Enhancing is out of question.

Ice Splinters +2 | Water Projection +2
    Her former one-hit skills became AoE chains, with Bolting Strike (Water Projection +2) and Absolute Zero (Ice Splinters +2). The base modifiers are quiet low (20x) and can reach (through buffs and passives) 40x, but both skills have no imperil attached to it, meaning those have to come either by her cooldown or external. They might come in handy, especially when Aoe chaining is needed, but are not strong enough to be her main source of damage.

Brilliance +2 | Dark Spirits +2
    Her main chaining moves kept their DR frames, but received great buffs. A base modifier of 30x, which can get up (with passives and cooldown) to a 60x modifier. Both also have a 120% imperil to their respective element attached, meaing that dispelling the enemy and reapplying the imperil isn't a problem at all. With both skills dealing elemental damage, an elemental weapon isn't needed. Downside: she is locked to both elements, and both are only ST.

Ambush | Ambush +1 | Ambush +2
    Increased killers (from 50% to 100%), additional 50% ATK and the missing 30% MAG (from enhancing MAG 20%) together with resistance against paralyze, petrify and disease. Pretty good, as she covers now nearly all status ailments except sleep and silence.

Iota Star | Iota Star +1 | Iota Star +2
    Her TMR ability (when equipping either her TMR or STMR) also received major upgrades. Her offensive passives more than doubled from 50% ATK/MAG to 120% ATK/MAG, while also adding 50% HP/DEF/SPR, giving her now 70% HP/DEF/SPR. Not too shabby for a DPS, more bulk is always welcomed. On top of that, her pTDW receives a boost, going from 100% to 150%, meaning that she only needs Warrior of Light Bartz'/Awakened Onion Knight's TMR or her own STMR/Malphasie's STMR to reach 200% pTDW.

True Projection | True Projection +1 | True Projection +2
    Her last passive received a major boost to. While her pTDW was raised to 150% with her TMR ability, this one raises her mTDW to 150%. Her physical evasions gains another 10% (reaching 40% now). But what is more important: increased modifier for her skills. 10x for Dark Spirits, Brilliance and Dying Flora, 5x for Ice Splinters and Water Projection.

Clad in Power | Clad in Power +1 | Clad in Power +2
    The last skill to get an upgrade is one of her cooldowns. The ATK/MAG buff isn't touched in terms of amount (still 250%), but now can't be dispelled - pretty good. The imperils aren't touched at all, but why should they - Dark Spirits and Brilliance have their own (higher) imperils, Ice Splinters and Water Projection are too weak to be her main chaining moves. The main selling point of enhancing however are the increased modifiers for Dying Flora, Ice Splinters, Water Projection (all 15x), Brilliance, Dark Spirits, Projection - Dance of Darkness (all 20x) and Projection - Dance of Destruction (42x). All increases lasts 5 turns, fitting her rotation and cooldown, and can't be dispelled, making her only suspectible to death.

Costs
    Her enhancements are a litte bit expensive, with a total of 4,980,000 gil, 11 T5 and 16 T4 crysts, while using Tech, Power, Guard, Black, Healing, Green and White. Skipping Ice Splinters and Water Projection reduces gil costs to 4,500,000 and T4 crysts from 16 to 14 while Healing and Green are no longer used.

...and now
    With all enhancements, Nagi becomes way more bulky, reaching around 14k HP and around 600 DEF/SPR, while also having innate resistance against most status ailments, especially the dangerous ones (but still missing resistance against stop or charm). Her rotation couldn't be any simpler and deals constant damage over all turns. Imbue and imperil aren't a topic for Nagi, but downside is that she's locked to both elements (or four if you want to use her weaker Ice/Water chains), unless you use her (weaker) Dying Flora (37x mod after buffs).

Equipping her shouldn't be a problem, for we received more and more hybrid gear. But even though she nows has innate 150% TDW (both pyhsical and magical), for newer players however it might be a challenge to gear her properly, lowering her potential. But that is a problem every hybrid unit has.

Build, Rotation & Math
    Right hand: Wrapping Bandages HP+30%, MP+10%, ATK+135, ATK+20%, MAG+110, MAG+15% (IW :HP/ATK +20%, MAG +15%)
    Left hand: Wrapping Bandages HP+30%, MP+10%, ATK+135, ATK+20%, MAG+110, MAG+15% (IW :HP/ATK +20%, MAG +15%)
    Head: Black Fox Shapeshifter Mask ATK+40, DEF+10, MAG+40, SPR+12
    Body: Fryevia's Suit ATK+30, ATK+10%, DEF+1, MAG+30, MAG+10%, SPR+1
    Accessory 1: Onion Boots ATK+40
    Accessory 2: Dragon's Crest (FFBE) ATK+40, MAG+40
    Materia 1: Adventurer V ATK+40%, DEF+40%, MAG+40%, SPR+40%
    Materia 2: The Astrals' Protection ATK+40%, MAG+40%
    Materia 3: Chocobo Adventure! HP+20%, MP+20%, ATK+30%, DEF+30%, MAG+30%, SPR+30%
    Total: HP:13902, MP:642, ATK:2755, DEF:608, MAG:2143, SPR:591

No esper used because they are situational (killers), last materia slot left open for killer materia or bulk.

Post 250% ATK buff: 3,367 (right hand)
    Post 250% MAG buff: 2,815

Turn 1: Clad in Power +2
    Turn 2: Brilliance +2
    Turn 3: Brilliance +2
    Turn 4: Brilliance +2
    Turn 5: Brilliance +2

Turn 1: 0
    Turn 2: 10,840,042,399
    Turn 3: 11,174,026,648
    Turn 4: 11,174,026,648
    Turn 5: 11,174,026,648

Average 5 turns: 8,872,424,469
    Formula: [(ATK² + MAG²)/2] * Skill Mod * Chain Mod * Imperil

Comparison:
    ~ 116% of enhanced Aurora Fryevia's 12 turn damage (7,645,873,322)
    ~ 98% of Levinson's 10 turn damage (9,073,288,664)

Should I enhance?
    Enhanced Nagi takes the #2 spot amongst hybrid units with ease, and it should be considered that #1 Levinson is time limited. She still loses to current top dogs like Madame Edel, Xuan Wu & Quing Long, and the new FMA banner makes her somewhat expendable. But if you like hybrid units, she's worth a try, being able to clear recent content without any problems. She even can be combined with Tifa (equipped with an elemental weapon, like Lila's TMR), with both having an easy rotation with a buffing turn 1 and then spamming DR chains over the next turns. Great enhancements overall, and a servicable unit.
    Verdict: Nag(g)i(ng) about Hyoh.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020 at 2:35 PM
    Xavieth, Scheich, bwnyc and 21 others like this.
  2. Xacques

Xacques "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reberta, VD, Tidus,Lila, Barba, Mateus
    100<x
    Nice review sir!! I think the cutie pie got a deserving enhancement, but not Tifa tier of good stuff. Would you consider Crimson nex?? He is looking juicy right now especially his demonslaying specialties!

Also, FIIIIIIIRST

Cylian and Obstkeks like this.
  3. Obstkeks

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tifa|Nagi|Edward|Lulu
    Why not Tifa tier? 120% imperil, increased TDW, similar bulk - she only misses two status ailments. Tifa's only selling point over Nagi is to be geared easier. ::nerd::

Right now I don't have plans to review him. Maybe at a later date. ;)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Xacques likes this.
  4. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    Edward, XuanWu, Kryla, Physalis
    Not tifa tier? She now has more damage than tifa, with two main elements, and the option for more 2 in a pinch.

Xacques likes this.
  5. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Smashing trials the bald way VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    I liked your review, but you downplayed Ice Splinters +2 | Water Projection +2 a bit too much.

First fact is they are both AOE. 2nd you didnt mention the chain families, Absolute zero for Ice Splinters and Bolting strike for Water projection.
    The first thing to do with Nagi is to use her CD, which applies the imperils for those two chains also, so imperils arent an issue at all.
    Lastly they get up to 40X, so that is not bad on AOE chaining at all.

EDIT: Projection: Dance of Darkness gets a boost from 17.5X to 37.5X dark elemental AOE AR chain as well after CD

Edit 2: Her other CD finisher goes up from 28X to 70X dark hybrid damage

I love when other people do reviews, but dont be so subjectional when reviewing. Using personal bias lowers the quality of your review. (in my opinion)

also why are you comparing hybrid with only straight physical damage dealers? They can and should be compared with the other 3 top hybrid dealers (levinson, A. Fry, Kurasame)

Thanks for your work!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Halcón Negro, Cylian and Obstkeks like this.
  6. Jatabo

Jatabo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Karten, A. Fryevia, Zargabaath
    Does she surpass enhanced A. Fryevia as a hybrid now?

Hibernis likes this.
  7. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    yes she does, by 18%. And since Nagi uses the same element plus 3 more and has the same and more innate killers, she just made A. Fryevia sit on the bench permanently.

Hibernis, Jatabo and Obstkeks like this.
  8. Tena

Tena Well-Known Member

Nice review and yes she can be paired with Tifa for a nice combo for sure if you have the right gear to elemental chain, they are fully OP to deal raw damage from turn 2 and without needing anything else than a breaker ^^

9. Jianto

Jianto Ascended Member Supporter

I got 2 nagis from off banner drops i should finally use her now she's a cutie

Obstkeks likes this.
  10. Obstkeks

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tifa|Nagi|Edward|Lulu
    Could have mentioned that they're AoE and the others just ST, right. Going to add that later. Second: I mentioned the chaining families. ;)

But you also have Projection - Dance of Darkness with dark AoE and a buffed 37.5x mod, which can make use of the 120% imperil. Or elementless Dying Flora with a buffed 36x mod. It depends on your needs, but all won't reach the maximum damage.

I'm not biased. If it does appear so, it is not my intention. :)

Coming later or tomorrow. Didn't had the time, work was calling. Just copied two numbers I already had for comparison. :eek:

You're welcome. Thanks for reading and your critic.

Fun fact: I pulled my first Aurora Fryevia today with the 5★ EX ticket from the raid coins after wanting her for months and now giving up for Nagi.

11. Jatabo

Jatabo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Karten, A. Fryevia, Zargabaath
    Aw, man. Now I wish I had pulled for her signature clothed fist. I know the bandages are the optimal weapons, but I like to build my units with the clothes/arms they wear in their sprite just for the sake of in-game logic (gear them properly for serious trials, of course).

Let´s hope it comes back in one way or another to obtain it.

12. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    LOL the AR chain goes up to 59.5 mod, but dark elemental. You can use Fryevia suit for your nagi tho, lol i think it is non stmr BiS for atk/mag

Cylian likes this.
  13. Sartre

Sartre "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nagi, Bonus, Shantotto, Tifa
    Nice review, thanks for putting in the time and effort! Will definitely be enhancing this one ::up::

Obstkeks likes this.
  14. Lukahn

Lukahn VIP VIP

BTW your Nagi is awesome. I won't be building one, but high-five!

BigNBald5 likes this.
  15. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
  16. Bubu

Bubu Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Circe 3031Mag, Esther 3005Atk
    After trying things out with her, i think her main downfall is there's no good weapon besides stmrs. I can only use Ignis's stmr (dagger 145 atk 145mag) and Malph's fists. I could've used Kurasame's or Jiraiya's stmr but theirs are locked to ice and dark elemental. If there are better weapon for her, please do tell us.

But still got to 2.8k atk and 2.6k mag with 13k hp + 500 def/spr. Which is not bad, considering I haven't max potted her hp-def-spr.
    ::rudecat2::::rudecat2::

Great review btw!

17. Khidir

Khidir Ascended Member

But with WLD Fina, Yunalesca, Edel, Xuan, AK Rain, Erik do I want to get back into the hybrid game?

I really like playing Xuan as my go to "hybrid" because of his modifiers.

I liked Elena when she was meta but I'm ok with waiting for another like her or for her to get her enhancements, she has amazing utility and flexibility.

Danziger and Obstkeks like this.
  18. hotaru251

Global ID:
    there are 2 options that arent complete crap and that arent stmr...malphaise's fists and MWT sword (both tmrs)

1 is basically bis for her and other is usable but far from best.

hybrid weapons in general are few and far between sadly...

Danziger, Bubu and Cylian like this.
  19. Obstkeks

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tifa|Nagi|Edward|Lulu
    Nope, 17.5x plus 20x from her cooldown. ;)

@hotaru251 Whips will work too. Star Trail (Theobald TMR) maybe. Or certain STMRs. She can also equips swords. Magitek Warrior Terra's or Silvia's TMR. Or use the builder with your equipment.

Cylian likes this.
  20. hotaru251

Global ID:
    i know. just most of the tmr ones are bad (about only exceptions are malphaise and MWT)
    rest of the tmr hybrid are either really low off stat and/or no bonus on em.

my main issue is never had a hybrid worth using b4 a.fry and nagi so i have very little to work with (especially since gotta wait for IW again and pray to RNGesus that their nerfed rare rate blesses me more than once next month it is around) and my nagi will come out with much more atk than mag. (like twice as much atk as mag usually)
    this is my best possible build according to builder
    https://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#cdbad840-6fcb-11ea-8e1c-0f5c05b763e9

Cylian likes this.