1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Saving!(Also I’m back!)

Discussion in 'General' started by Kekmet, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Kekmet

Kekmet Ascended Member Supporter

Sooooooooo

After getting my life back together, getting the platinum trophy in Sekiro and somehow ending up in a relationship I decided to return to ffbe and the forums. Naturally the first thought was what unit to hoard for now. For me it’s still Cg Noct no doubt after Bartz went by. I love Noct as a character and I love the vanilla unit so it was pretty clear. But then I started to think about what was the most popular hoarding unit now that Bartz and Lighting were released. So after this whole clusterf*ck of a post the question is what unit are YOU saving for? (And is someone actually saving for a non-cg unit::ink::)

Ps: It’s real nice to be back after such a long damn break::comeatme::

Xacques, Regalia and TheKillingJoke like this.
  2. Sefiros

Sefiros You can add me VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz/Bonus/Circe/Charlotte/Esther
    Most of the forum members will tell you: CG WoL or CG (spoiler) or Madame Edel but WoL is closer and he is awesome tank from what I heard.
    CG King Rain

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  3. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Shenaniganator VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Berta, Lenna, Kryla, Tsukiko, Esther.
    Welcome back :)

Saving for Madame Edel & unannounced Glex.

Regalia, Isaac and Sefiros like this.
  4. Sefiros

Sefiros You can add me VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz/Bonus/Circe/Charlotte/Esther
    Ah I forgot about her, yep she is on a list.

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  5. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast Chopin Enthusiast VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Event, 2B, Raegen
    Oi ::rudecat11::
    I quit so......yeah.
    Good to hear you're doing well! :D

TheKillingJoke and Kekmet like this.
  6. Isaac

Isaac "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    7 Esther, Ely, Cid, Kurasame, Hyou
    180s
    nailed it.

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  7. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Riku, Tsukiko, Elena, SS Charlie, KM
    0x9F
    Welcome back, and congratulations on having your life in order. Keep in mind that (if your profile is telling the truth) you're still a teen, and this part of your life is when you're supposed to be making, and learning from, mistakes. A lot of adults don't have their lives in order either, it's a skill many people don't learn at all. Don't get down on yourself about having to take the time to fix it all.

So, what unit am I saving for?
    1. CG WoL. My only phys cover tank is Basch, and while he works, WoL represents an ENORMOUS upgrade.
    2. Madam Edel. At 180% of the damage of her nearest competitor, and having a really cool character concept/design, this one is a no brainer.
    3. Rikku (X-2). 75% aoe two stat breaks that you can w-cast with each other? Yes please. Plus Genki Girl, so bonus.
    Aside from that and some unexpected GLEX unit, not much is really appealing to me. I'm pretty set: I have Esther/Elena/Riku/Tsukiko so my damage capabilities are all set until Edel; WoL and SS Charlie will leave me set for tanks; Fid will more than hold me over until Rikku. The only thing I could really use at this point is a better evoker, because all of mine are 6*.

Kekmet, Isaac, Excrom and 1 other person like this.
  8. exnigma

exnigma Ascended Member

Chair man and uocing the tanks, 60 uoc just sitting there.

Isaac likes this.
  9. Excrom

Excrom Ascended Member

Leads:
    Riku
    Similar to @Regalia

Units I'm Saving Up For
    1. I want a better tank than Basch. I had gotten back into the game about 2 weeks ago from a 1.5yr-2yr hiatus and realized that I'm no longer in possession of a super top tier tank. So CG WoL is extremely appealing.
    2. Unannounced GLEX/really dope limited-time holiday units.
    3. Rikku X-2. For the debuffs/buffs stamped onto her AMoE frame moves (perfect for my Riku) making her the perfect buffer and chainer for me. Maybe not a traditional buffer but I am very fond of 4* Rikku because of how much help she was in ye olden days so I'm a bit sentimental ;-;

Isaac likes this.
  10. I am Adora

I am Adora Member

Glad you’ve found yourself in a good place. Life ebbs and flows, we all just keep on riding the current.

I’m a huge fan of VI, so Treasure Hunter Locke must be mine. He’s my favorite character from the game. After that, CG Noctis. Noct is also so dear to my heart.

I anticipate being tempted by Halloween and Madame Edel. I love Edel’s entire persona and design. I just tend to go for units that make me smile. Or smile in my mind. I’m not generally super smiley. Ha.

11. Seto

Seto Ascended Member Supporter

Since i got cg light stmr'd, im probably going to be hoarding for cg noct or wol.
    I prefer to use my lapis on ff units.

Also not sure how gl is going to handle it but summonfest coming soon and basically forces you to spend lapis on these units if you want since you can't uoc