1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Scorn of Antenolla Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Resnesky, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Resnesky

Resnesky Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nalu, Lilith, Malphie, Barbie, TT
    Greetings,
    This is my first guide on this forum. And some may know about this strat already, but I thought it would help new comers or fresh players but also some veterans who may scratch their head around the tricky parts of Antonella+ .

With this batch of enhancement, a unit can replace Zargatrash, Ayaka.

This guide is has several key required components:
    The 1st one is having a unit which more than often looked upon and laughed at (especially in chat) : Zargabaath
    Can be replaced by a more valuable and commonly used healer : Ayaka.
    Also Rena can fit in instead of Zarga/buffer. her Esunaga skill has stop detach and she's an awesome buffer.
    Another requirement for this strat is HT Lid or Rico Rodriguez or Prompto
    And lastly Lakshmi 3* with charming protection unlocked.
    I know it starts to add up, but never said this guide was a budget one :D

Team
    1. Provoke tank able to AoE cover physical. recommended is Wilhelm 7* for that role, but evade Basch (Moogle plushie/Golem) or evade WoL may do.
    2. Breaker that deals damage when breaking. Ideally Atk/mag. HT Lid is the best suited for that. Rico Rodriguez works nicely too, though 5% weaker. ANd lastly Prompto has same breaks as HT Lid, the main drawback is that it has a 50% provoke attached to hit, so be careful.
    3. eZargatrash. His kit as a support his meh, his kit as a DPS is meh. And his enhancements are meh. Especially if you compare him to Maritime Strategist Nichol. 100% all stat buff? a 4* base do better! Sure. It also add a resistance to paralyse, blind, confusion and disease (which if you lack some ribbon can be useful against Antenolla) But Archadian Light enhanced to +2 add an AoE 100% Stop resistance to the mix. Cherry on the cake here. If using Ayaka, replace eZargatrash by a better support, like MS Nichol or Roy.
    4. Healer with dispelga. The healing power isn't much relevant, what matters here is the Dispelga. Eiko, Ayaka, LM Fina are the best suited for this. With a favour for Eiko since she'll can dispell the stats debuff Antenolla inflicts. Rosa can work too if you don't have the Goddesses. Or CKA or Tilith can work as well. Reraise is a bonus, especially if you go with an evade tank. If using Ayaka, have Stop Detach enhanced to +2.
    5. 2 DPS. Ifrit 3* with plant killer+ unlocked is a must have on both DPS. Also, Hyrbid DPS are pretty suited for this, Fryevia and Kunshira FTW. Lila works nicely as well (Elementless!).

Equip
    For info, Antenolla inflicts several status ailment, but NOT petrify. so gear up accordingly.
    Best is to Ribbon (or equivalent) them all, or just match what Archadian Light+2 doesn't cover.
    Seed of hope from SOA raid cover everything needed for Wilhelm, for example.

Tank
    • wilhelm go HP/DEF, bit of water/earth/wind resist if you can. Lakshmi as esper
    • WoL. Evade, bit of earth/water/wind or much SPR if you can. Lakshmi as esper
    • Basch. Evade + moogle plushie, he's the least suited for this, as he needs Golem to provoke, meaning he'll have a weakness to wind. And Lakshmi will have to be on Zargabaath or your support.
    Breaker
    • HP/SPR.
    • DW Necro dagger/wind weapon. If you don't have necro dagger (I don't have it). Use a Fire weapon. and put dark on Wilhelm (counters). Wind and fire are the most important to seal. Fire covers you from Snort Wind from AoE MP Drain.
    • Siren esper
    eZargatrash/support
    • HP/SPR.
    • A dark weapon (he has counters)
    • bahamuth esper
    Healer/ayaka
    • HP/SPR.
    • Leviathan esper
    DPS
    • Ifrit 3* Esper with Plant killer+
    • If hybrid plant killer materia

Fight
    Antenolla start the fight Physical immune.

Ivy (Antenolla D) is the one doing the ST Stop
    Antenolla only do her AoE charm when she's immune to magic > so starting from turn 5 using the in game turn count)
    • Tank : start with Cover physical, then provoke, then charm resist from Lakshmi. and keep rotating that way. if using basch.. Guard on 3rd turn.
    • Breaker : ATK/MAG AoE break. then DEF/SPR AoE break. Repeat. use LB whenever is up. (except for Rico, keep breaking)
    • eZargatrash : 1st turn Archadian Light+2. if you should have noticed it lasts 4 turns. So when Antenolla change her immunity, it means you can recast it. On other turn, I highly recommend to enhance Rejuvenate to +2. As it will help your provoke tank sustaining his MP since he'll be drained, while also adding a reraise on. If you have Basch tank, on 2nd turn use charm resist from Lakshmi. On have free turns, use his All element resist, only 40% but will help cover the magic nukes.
    • Healer : on 1st turn and every 4 turn, dispelga to remove Antenolla buffs. Of course do it before breaking with HT Lid. Else put some reraise on DPS, or help MP refresh. Or heal.
    • DPS : they chain the small parts, one at a time.
    • Ayaka : use her stop detach+2 on turn 1. Buff with your support.
    Order of killing : Antenolla D > C > B > A
    D first because she does an AoE 60% debuff on your team. if you have Eiko you can dispel it, but it can be annoying.
    C because she's the one doing the 2Mil AoE healing when magical immune.
    B because Flower has to be killed last.
    A gotta win at some point, no?

Fryevia ice is resisted by some of the parts, but she has a 75% imperil, so she'll go through always. Kunshira can hit almost every weakness of them.
    For Lila you'll have to use her imbue skill to hit some of the non-elemental immune plants (B and C). Fire for B. Thunder for C. Also, her skills count as physical attacks despite being magic damage. So they'll be resisted when the plant is physical immune. use that time to buff herself, imbue and use her Neidan right before the plant change immunity for tri-cast on Heaven Shift.

WARNING!
    Once you killed them all, nuke down the Flower. But she has 40% HP threshold that can be deadly.
    She'll buff herself, and nuke your party with magic.
    Prepare yourself for it (reraise/mitigation, etc) before crossing that threshold.
    After that, it's a 1/2 turn finish depending on your DPS.

So if you have an Zargatrash laying around, you drained his TMR and this he's.. trash. here is his glory time, he compact several roles to one, buffer and status resist + mp battery + reraise, which is very much needed for this fight.

Good luck with you tries!

EDIT : please comment to help me improve this guide.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  2. Bitzpleze

Bitzpleze Mad Sciontist VIP

I just want to be the first to say this...

All praise the prophet Zarg. He has come on the advent of 7* to show us the way.

Gratz @Resnesky

S1eww and Resnesky like this.
  3. Resnesky

Global ID:
    Leads:
    haha, well, he was Zargatrash until now. I'll hope his 7* turns good :)

S1eww and Bitzpleze like this.
  4. Chrizz

Chrizz Ascended Member

Global ID:
    154 176 245
    Leads:
    Adam Jensen
    Damn, you make it sound so easy.... ::rudecat16::

5. Resnesky

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Well, so long as you have breaks and status resist.. it is kinda easy yes. the tricky part is you need charm AND stop + seal element.

S1eww likes this.
  6. Resnesky

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Updated to take Ayaka's enhancements into account.

S1eww likes this.
  7. Xshock

Xshock Fryevia Big Fan ! VIP

Is there any one could replace zag ? I don't have him.

8. Resnesky

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Well, already remade the guide with Ayaka's enhancements. So if you have ayaka with her stop detach+2. you can use her and some other buffer.

9. lelowww

lelowww Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fire Hyoh
    Almost made it but, since my friend's Fryevia had no sleep immunity I couldn't do damage fast enough to survive the last threshold. I'll try later with Dark Fina instead of Fryevia.

10. Otherwise

Otherwise Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, Fryevia, bonus units
    Good write-up, I wasn’t sure how to get around all the requirements for elemental damage and the boss’ elemental resists when initially trying to look things over. I’d completely spaced being able to deal said damage with an AoE breaker. I missed the wind damage seals and mission because I gave Wilhelm the wrong Zwill Crossblade. Oops...

I took 7* Wilhelm, Lid, Fina, and eZarg since I’d already enhanced him before I pulled my first Nichol. Hyoh, not too surprisingly, makes a general joke out of the offensive portions of this trial - just sit back and regen your MP during the physical resist turns.

Resnesky likes this.
  11. Yoedi16

Yoedi16 Well-Known Member

Will someone lend me freyvia with ifrit plant killer and status immunities?this week full of hyoh -_-

12. Resnesky

Global ID:
    Leads:
    @Yoedi16 I have set up my Fry for you.
    317 388 392

13. Scheich

Scheich Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Can also set up an nearly bis fryevia with the requirements ;)

927 852 855

14. TuanMuda

TuanMuda Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DFina/Tidus/DL
    Finally done it after weeks of lazyness...

Dont have Lid so had to replace her with Rico rOPriguez, dont have Zargaboob so had to replace boob with Rena. Worked well since Rena have stop cure and magic mitigation which help ALOT. The rest are WoL, Fina and 2 Hyoh (Solly Hyoh).

Defeat it at turn 28 with LB chaining from Hyoh.

Thanks for the write-up, Res, god be with you :D

Resnesky likes this.
  15. Resnesky

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Congrats Tuan!
    Glad it helped :D

TuanMuda likes this.
  16. Yoedi16

[​IMG]
    I hope you set it for one day already try it with orlandu but more than 35 turn so need to beat it again for that plant killer. but i neee to sleep for now thx...ign yudi

17. Resnesky

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Accepted, Yoedi.
    I'll leave her up, she doesn't take gears from my Nalu, so I don't mind :D

18. Yoedi16

I cant find you freyvia, are you changed leader?

19. Resnesky

Global ID:
    Leads:
    oups yes, she's back up now.

20. Yoedi16

Done, and the dragon too i hope you make simple and easy to understand tutorial again for new marlboro trial...thx you very much i have nalu but with hyoh around i dont think anyone will set her as lead..